Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    WindWineKiwi8WindWineKiwi8 Posts: 1,296 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Sims 2 recycled tons of stuff from Sims 1! Geez Lousie.... On a brighter note, the Nectar making thing looks really cool!
  • Options
    SuziCQSuziCQ Posts: 32 New Member
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    If there is something good in this EP they need to go ahead and CONFIRM it already. Many simmers are bored with s3 and waiting patiently for an ep. With all the others I knew I was going to get something I want.

<snipped>

Where's the gameplay at? If they said that your sims will be able to go on dates or have weather or go to restaurant or a nightclub...I'd buy it just to add one of those things to my game...but, until then I'm going to complain.

I agree with you on the gameplay aspect. New gameplay, new building options, things like that... Those have always been the kind of things that keep the game fresh and interesting. Take Bon Voyage for instance, I took my Sims on 3 or 4 trips and then no longer cared about that part of it. But swimming in the ocean, beachfront lots, new building tools, walking to lots, etc. Awesome. Those are the kind of things that make me want EP's.
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    If there is something good in this EP they need to go ahead and CONFIRM it already. Many simmers are bored with s3 and waiting patiently for an ep. With all the others I knew I was going to get something I want.

Here's how look at it...

Nectar making...cooking except more like juicing

Pyramid raiding...sounds more like a job for Lara Croft then my sims

Photography...ok your sims can take pictures of each other, but they can already paint like Rembrandts

France, China, and Egypt... just your average neighborhoods with a few pyramids and berets thrown in

Where's the gameplay at? If they said that your sims will be able to go on dates or have weather or go to restaurant or a nightclub...I'd buy it just to add one of those things to my game...but, until then I'm going to complain.

Well, I'm hoping it adds more to the gameplay.
    Nectar making is quite different from regular cooking, seeing as how it is a form of non-alcoholic wine-making, if I'm not mistaken. There are various parts to it, and it will further the gardening skill.

Pyramid Raiding (from what I've seen) isn't just about grabbing treasure and leaving. From what I've seen, there seems to also be a bit of a storyline to it, but I may be mistaken. Even if it were like Lara Croft, I haven't seen the movies, so it'll still be an experience for me.

I'm hoping that with the photography skill poses are brought back. The photography skill will make our sims more like geographic explorers, since it will recognize the things we take pictures of.

Now, the part about France, Egypt, and China... FRANCE is your average neighborhood with a few berets thrown in, but we've seen nothing of China's town, so you cannot make any assumptions. Egypt has a unique architectural style, and although I have only seen what they've shown in pictures and the trailer, it seems they have followed that style quite well. I'm hoping they also keep the architectural styles of China, including the courtyard homes and sloped roofs.

I completely agree with you about dates or weather or go to a restaurant or night club, those are things I (and many others, it seems) are looking forward to. If anything we could consider WA a bit ob a blessing-- while WA is holding off the anxious sim fans, they can (hopefully) be getting a head start on Seasons and Open for Business and such, so that those will be the best they can be. :D
  • Options
    marie25marie25 Posts: 488 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I would like to see how they would do a open for business in the sims 3. When it first came out for sims 2 i did not like it much but after a while i liked it even more. I know a lot of peaple liked weather so i hope they get there weather. I am also hopeing with the photography skill they bring back the poses. When you look at the screen shot of france the guy that is takeing the picture it looks like the woman is poseing so that makes me think they are going to give some poses. But i could be wrong but i hope.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited September 2009
    Sure in real life there's huge differences in Photography and Painting, Wine making and cooking; but, how are those differences going to manifest in the game?

I mean if my sim makes waffles or lobster it really doesn't make that much difference to me. I'm not going to be the one eating it. If my sim makes wine and drinks how is that much different from making and drinking coffee.

Sure, I know there's huge differences between these things in real life, but it these differences don't translate well into the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    I'm just hopeing for a better camera. better then the cell phone one.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx how do you get your avatar to look like a picture instead of the sim. I saw a few peaple have them but i cant figure out how?
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    Sure in real life there's huge differences in Photography and Painting, Wine making and cooking; but, how are those differences going to manifest in the game?

I mean if my sim makes waffles or lobster it really doesn't make that much difference to me. I'm not going to be the one eating it. If my sim makes wine and drinks how is that much different from making and drinking coffee.

Sure, I know there's huge differences between these things in real life, but it these differences don't translate well into the game.

good point.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    marie25 wrote:
    AthenaOnyx how do you get your avatar to look like a picture instead of the sim. I saw a few peaple have them but i cant figure out how?

Down load link http://zindasgoldensims.com/uic/

Instructions:

Send your item to the launcher as usual.
    Close the launcher.
    Unzip the program.
    Run the program and browse to mydocuments/elecronicarts/thesims3/exports
    (Your location may be slightly different) This is where you will find your items
    ready to be uploaded to the exchange. Click on the item you want to change.
    Use the arrows to find the picture you want to change.
    Click replace and browse to the picture that you custom made.
    Make sure your picture is 512 by 512, 72dpi, png
    Save
    Open the launcher and upload the item to the exchange.
    Check your studio and you should find that your item has your custom made picture. Note that the thumbnail in your launcher will not be changed.
  • Options
    eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited September 2009
    I am looking forward to all of it. I think it will be very exciting and fun and it sounds much more like the charm of getting a new sims 1 expansion with all the fun adventures of sims 1 than what sims 2 did and I LOVE that because sims 1 was originally what got me hooked on the sims. I still play sims 1 occasionally.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    marie25 wrote:

Instructions:

Close the launcher.
    Unzip the program.
    (Your location may be slightly different) This is where you will find your items
    Save
    Check your studio and you should find that your item has your custom made picture. Note that the thumbnail in your launcher will not be changed.

thank you.
  • Options
    midnightmonkey28midnightmonkey28 Posts: 594 New Member
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote

Instructions:

Close the launcher.
    Unzip the program.
    Save

that All sounds too complicated for me :shock:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    midnightmonkey28,

It's not as hard as it sounds I promise. 8)
  • Options
    callen37206callen37206 Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2009
    Haids5987 wrote:
    What a Debbie Downer! ;)

Just kidding.

Neh, I'm more on the positive side than the negative. I will buy anything they put out, if only for the new clothes/hair/items, etc. I'm pathetic, I know.

I haven't read through this entire post yet so I apologize if this has already been said. Anyway, I saw an interview with someone (and I hate when people say this) but I can't remember his name. I believe it was on one of the game review websites. In the interview it sounded to me as if the new hair , clothes and items that are added to the expansion is going to be very few but there will be a lot more added in the store. The reasoning behind this was because the expansion is supposed to be so large that it couldn't all be fit in or something to that effect.

So it sounds like there won't be many new clothes, hairstyles or items included with the expansion. I so hope I am wrong because if they do this it will do nothing but make even more people mad and the sims franchise is going to suffer so bad.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Haids5987 wrote:
    What a Debbie Downer! ;)

Just kidding.

Neh, I'm more on the positive side than the negative. I will buy anything they put out, if only for the new clothes/hair/items, etc. I'm pathetic, I know.

I haven't read through this entire post yet so I apologize if this has already been said. Anyway, I saw an interview with someone (and I hate when people say this) but I can't remember his name. I believe it was on one of the game review websites. In the interview it sounded to me as if the new hair , clothes and items that are added to the expansion is going to be very few but there will be a lot more added in the store. The reasoning behind this was because the expansion is supposed to be so large that it couldn't all be fit in or something to that effect.

So it sounds like there won't be many new clothes, hairstyles or items included with the expansion. I so hope I am wrong because if they do this it will do nothing but make even more people mad and the sims franchise is going to suffer so bad.

:lol: The ep's going to be so large they couldn't fit in any new clothes, hairstyles, or items. More like our store needs to make money if you ask me. But, that's fine, free fan made CC is loads better anyway. :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    :lol: The ep's going to be so large they couldn't fit in any new clothes, hairstyles, or items. More like our store needs to make money if you ask me. But, that's fine, free fan made CC is loads better anyway. :lol:

I totally agree with you. I've ran across a few of your other posts earlier tonight and I agree with you one most of them too. It seems like we may have the same ideas about this game. :D
  • Options
    WhitetigerzWhitetigerz Posts: 1,838 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Well for the wine/nectar making. The sims has to crush the grapes and such in the machine and also aging it effects it as well. So there are factors that seperate it from cooking.
    I agree with photography though, but we will see in the game.

None the less, I look forward to this EP. It will liven up the game! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    midnightmonkey28midnightmonkey28 Posts: 594 New Member
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote
    midnightmonkey28,

im not a genious i don't even know how to download fron other siter its too complicated ive tried ive read their instructions carefully but i keep going around in circles i put them in the downloads folder but it appears as a zip not custom content im confused any help would be appreciated :(how do you change the type from a zip folder to the sims 3 custom content or is it impossible :?:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    eiphos1212eiphos1212 Posts: 1,008 Member
    edited September 2009
    Wait... Who's debbie downer anyway?
  • Options
    JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited September 2009
    eiphos1212 wrote:
    Wait... Who's debbie downer anyway?

It is most commonly recognized from the Saturday Night Live skits which were fairly amusing, basically a person who always comes up with some reason everyone should not be enjoying their party, life, job, food, etc... (I remember one in particular with Ben A. where they cast couldn't stop laughing and had hard times keeping straight faces - I believe it can be found on Hulu.com)

For example:

Person says, "I'm taking an exotic tropical vacation. It's gonna be great!"

Debbie Downer says, "You know 881 thousand people die from Malaria every year."

• Options
    edited September 2009
    So I ran across this article today: The Sims 3 World Adventures – Tomb Building #2. It's located at http://www.simprograms.com/ and right now, it's the second article on the page the link will take you to.

So anyway, it gives more details on how to build tombs. I can tell you right now that if I even get this expansion, I will never waste my time with all of this mess.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote
    midnightmonkey28,

im not a genious i don't even know how to download fron other siter its too complicated ive tried ive read their instructions carefully but i keep going around in circles i put them in the downloads folder but it appears as a zip not custom content im confused any help would be appreciated :(how do you change the type from a zip folder to the sims 3 custom content or is it impossible :?:

Don't feel bad, computers can be overwhelming to a lot of people. I'm not the best teacher in the world. Probably the best thing you could do is find someone who knows a little be about them and let them walk you through it in person.

Sometimes City Librarians will show someone how to do this, or take a class at your community college.
  • Options
    zanysazyzanysazy Posts: 2,210 New Member
    edited September 2009
    you say this now but i bet you anything your going to buy this
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited September 2009
    They've already said that if you don't want to go on the adventure which INCLUDES the tent, you don't have to!

And this conversation has been held like a gazillion times. You're only looking at the CONFIRMED features, there's sure to be more.

Actually, this statement has been mentioned over and over again in the forums that it is getting pretty old too.

I mean the EP is an adventure pack, based around adventure with a tent for your sim’s comfort. They haven’t said there will be a luxury hotel waiting for your sim to enjoy have they? So I’d like to know what is there to do for those players who don’t want the adventure side. Nothing perhaps?

And frankly, if there were more selling points on the EP they’d surely have said so by now with the number of people who’ve lost interest in the EP by what’s been released so far.
  • Options
    saraswatisaraswati Posts: 408 Member
    edited September 2009
    AthenaOnyx wrote
    midnightmonkey28,

Hey MM

I can help you with this one! Ok, basically a zip file is a form of compression that lets you make a file smaller so it is more easy to share. So what you need to do is extract the core file so you can use the file.

If you right-click on the file you want to extract, you should have the option to "extract file" somewhere there. You extract it, then you need to work out whether it's a custom file done in package file format, or something done with Sims3Pack format and install it accordingly.

Speak up if you need any help with the different ways you install the actual file, I'll check this thread again in the morning. :wink:

Saraswati