Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Appropriate Graphics Card for The Sims 4

Hello guys and I hope you are all doing well! So here is what I want to ask you guys.

I currently have the GeForce 210 graphic card and I'm not really satisfied with how The Sims 4 performs. I need a graphics card that can be able to run The Sims 4 on Ultra with Edge Smoothing on High. I've been looking for good graphic cards and I stopped on some, but I'm not sure which one will be the best and more appropriate.
I was thinking between GeForce GTX60 and GTX750. I've read a lot about them, but I still can't decide which one will be better.

If anyone of you is using one of those cards, please let me now. I'd appreciate it a lot if you can talk me whether you can run the game on Ultra settings. Thank you all in advance!
5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter

Comments

• Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have GTX 760 and IMO it's an overkill for Sims 4.
    Too much power on the card this game doesn't know how to use. Everything is on highest level possible, the card is cold as if it wasn't doing anything. Honestly. Plum (I wrote plum, not the autoforum censor) even Tetris rises my card temeperature for 1 point!!!

If you however want to play modern spectacular graphics games like Watch Dogs with everything on high, or if you plan to buy Dragon Age 3 or The Witcher 3, buy GTX 760 definetly.
    But if all you'll ever buy is just Sims 4? GTX 760 is too expensive investment. Go for something cheaper. 610-640 range should be more than enough.
  • Options
    DavidMCSessyDavidMCSessy Posts: 1,148 Member
    @JoxerTM22 A friend of mine has the GTX 650 and said that it lags a little with Ultra Settings. I want to experience no lag at all.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    Could part of that be processor, too, though? Fast processor + good graphics card = best performance on ultra settings? Just a query.
  • Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    GTX750ti superclocked runs it perfectly. It's the one I bought.
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy
  • Options
    @neonhorn22 I have a 2.80GHz processor and I think his was a little lower than mine, 1.80 if I'm not mistaken.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    @HappyHaunt1000 Thanks for the response! I'm definitely keeping my eyes to this one. ;)
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    HappyHaunt1000HappyHaunt1000 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Amazon has it for about 175.00. I don't know how much you're willing to spend.
    My origin name is AStrangePuppy
  • Options
    JBEAR1JBEAR1 Posts: 537 Member
    I have some kind of hybrid Amd thing in a Lenovo laptop from about 3 years ago. Runs in ultra.
  • Options
    @HappyHaunt1000 I'm okay with the price. My only concerns were if GTX660 was better then GTX750 or else.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    I have nvidia gtx 660 ti and ts4 runs on ultra smoothly and flawlessly.
  • Options
    @mixxgreenthumb Mind if I ask what your other specs are?
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    The lag your friend has is not graphics card related.
    To avoid the lag he has, you need i9 CPU that'll be released in two years, DDR4 that'll be released in a few months and synchronous (expensive) SSD.
    And that still doesn't guarantee anything. On my supermodern PC Sims 3 Pets and Island Paradise have stutters and freezes, not because of the machine power, but because of unoptimized game code.
  • Options
    @JoxerTM22 So GTX750 with my 2.80GHz should run it on Ultra with High Edge Smoothing?
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    CrackseedCrackseed Posts: 5,209 Member
    @JoxerTM22 So GTX750 with my 2.80GHz should run it on Ultra with High Edge Smoothing?

Provided your system is properly optimized and the rest of your stats are solid, yes :)

I have a 770 GTX OC with a new Haswell i5 and I run Sims 4 max WHILE playing movies/browsing the forums on my 2nd monitor if I want and there is 0 FPS drop. Oddly enough I DO get some hiccups when I turn Origin online in-game here and there though but that's more a bug than a performance problem.
    y9UdOhq.png
    "My spirit animal can beat up your spirit animal"
    ~ Origin ID: DaCrackseed ~
  • Options
    mizzgreenthumbmizzgreenthumb Posts: 637 Member
    edited September 2014
    @mixxgreenthumb Mind if I ask what your other specs are?

Nvidia gtx 660ti graphics card, 16gigs of ram, 2tb hard drive, still rocking the quad core lol

I can play all games on the highest settings without lag.
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    Another vote for the GTX 750ti.. Game runs great on ultra settings.
    Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Any i5 really is more than enough for just about any game these days. Good old i5 2500k is still a beast, especially OC'd. It has really come down to SSD/GPU and proper RAM counts driving games these days save for the few that love having multi-cores to fan out on.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    @JaciJade Thanks for you reply! What are your aother specs?

I have a 2.80GHz Dual CPU, 4GB of RAM and a 32-bit Windows 8.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    While there may be some discussion on this @DavidMCSessy, I HIGHLY suggest brand wise if you can, go with EVGA for your 750TI if that's what you settle on.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    @Crackseed I've bene wondering what's the difference if it is EVGA, ASUS or PALIT? Is the difference only in the brand?
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    Different manufacturers tend to do different things with them such as how much they factory OC them for example. My suggestion on EVGA is due to their quality AND warranty. I believe ASUS brand cards are pretty solid. I'm not familiar with PALIT though. I can say stay the hell away from PNY without reservation though >.>
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    @Crackseed I've been thinking about ASUS GTX750Ti since it has the most reasonable price. If I am not satisfied with how it runs The Sims 4 with my other specs (I wrote them up), I'm going to return it.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    edited September 2014
    @JaciJade Thanks for you reply! What are your aother specs?

I have a 2.80GHz Dual CPU, 4GB of RAM and a 32-bit Windows 8.

i5 4th generation, 12gb ram, SSD on 64 bit Windows 8.1

ETA: brand is EVGA

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    @Crackseed I've been thinking about ASUS GTX750Ti since it has the most reasonable price. If I am not satisfied with how it runs The Sims 4 with my other specs (I wrote them up), I'm going to return it.

If price is a big point, then I still encourage that purchase too - ASUS is pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 reliable. Not sure what their warranty is though as I haven't picked any GPUs up from them.
    y9UdOhq.png
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @JaciJade I've been worried about my PC still having a 32bit OS and I've bene trying to change it, but I got some issues trying ot install the 64bit and I don't know if I should keep trying or stick with the 32-bit.
    5k381e.png

My TumblrMy Twitter