Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grim wants to stay ?

My sim got the "free services" reward and called for one-time maid service. After the maid (an elder) had been at the house for a while, she fell to the ground and passed away! My sim pled for the Grim Reaper to spare the woman's life (though she didn't know the woman at all). Grim relented and allowed the woman to live. The woman left not long after and Grim stayed for a while to chat.
When I realized the children would be home from school soon, I quickly bid Grim goodbye, in hopes he would be gone before the children arrived. Well, I wasn't quick enough, but the children didn't seem too bothered to see him in the kitchen. Grim didn't take the hint though. He chose to stick around despite my polite "goodbye." In fact, he stood around in the kitchen all night, even after everyone had gone to bed. Different family members would chat with him a bit every once in a while, just to be friendly. I guess he was very lonely, because it's now been almost a week (Monday-Saturday) and he's still there!
Well actually, he's in the hallway now (he followed one of the kids to talk to them.)
The twin boys have aged to teenagers and a new baby has been born in the time he's been hanging around. The maid was called in again after the day she narrowly escaped Death. Needless to say, when she saw him hanging around in the kitchen, she sent someone else the next time we called for services!

Has anyone else had the Grim Reaper hang around for this long? He hasn't wanted to join in a game of chess or sit down for a meal with the family. Don't get me wrong, he's no trouble as a houseguest. I'm just wondering how long he's planning on staying ...

Comments

• Options
    bishtybishty Posts: 393 Member
    He's waiting...
  • Options
    cauliflowerscauliflowers Posts: 5,782 Member
    poor Consuela
    TL8ZBmw.gif
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    He gets lonely sometimes. All he has in the underworld are undead sims and Breaking Bad reruns...
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    poor Consuela

No, no...
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Rinilex wrote: »
    poor Consuela

No, no...

tumblr_mxm4biHVwV1s4ov53o1_500.gif
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    Those last two sentences cracked me up. :D:D
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    juliadel707juliadel707 Posts: 99 Member
    > @Untrustedlife said:
    > bishty wrote: »
    >
    > He's waiting...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > He is always waiting....

That's what makes me nervous ...

I keep wondering if he knows something I don't, like maybe one of my sims is going to die and he's just waiting around for it to happen!

On the other hand, if he hangs around long enough, maybe I'll try to make him a real part of the family. The middle daughter will be aging up to a teen in a few days. He can wait around for her to grow up, right? He's obviously in no hurry to leave. So, if he's going to stick around anyway ...
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    bishty wrote: »
    He's waiting...

He is always waiting....

He will forever be waiting... ;)
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    I'm just wondering how long he's planning on staying ...

Hmmm until his father comes to pick him up? IF there is another Grim that is. If there isn't you'd have to wait until he reaps himself?
    Have you tried to resetsim him?
  • Options
    > @Asante said:
    > juliadel707 wrote: »
    >
    > I'm just wondering how long he's planning on staying ...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hmmm until his father comes to pick him up? IF there is another Grim that is. If there isn't you'd have to wait until he reaps himself?
    > Have you tried to resetsim him?

I haven't tried resetting him, mainly because I'm curious if he'll leave on his own at some point. I shut down the game last night and when I went back in today, he was still there. Still just standing silently in the hall ...

Is anyone keeping track of how long Grim hangs around their sim's house? Maybe I'll get to hold the record for "longest Grim Reaper visit without any casualties." ;)
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    You should make a group meal and click "call to meal" and see if he'll come eat something :P
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    AsanteAsante Posts: 1,812 Member
    Is anyone keeping track of how long Grim hangs around their sim's house? Maybe I'll get to hold the record for "longest Grim Reaper visit without any casualties." ;)

Well, mine didn't stay THAT long, but quite a while... if I noticed correctly he even helped my children with their homework. After having taken their grandfather... that must have been... disturbing...
  • Options
    So I went back in the game to try some things. Grim was unwilling to help my teenager with his homework and did not join the family when I used the "Call to Meal" interaction. One of the teens tried to cheer Grim up (he was tense and then sad). Next the other teen tried chatting and asked Grim what he could tell him about Woohoo. Grim was happy to give his input. However, when the teen asked Grim to get a serving of food with him, Grim decided it was time to go! "How many times do I have to tell these sims? I'm not hungry!" And poof! He was gone. :D

It's 3pm Saturday and Grim has officially left the building.

I figure it was around that time Monday or maybe a little earlier when he came to take the maid, so he stayed for 5 days! Has anyone had him stay longer? Apparently he's very fond of my sim family ...