Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nina Caliente, you're gonna read that Cooking skill book and that is final!

Gah! I've been playing the Caliente household for the past day and I'm having a ton of trouble with Nina Caliente. She's in the Culinary career track and thusly needs to improve her cooking skill. The moment I task her with reading the book, she reads for ten seconds and then puts it somewhere and does something else. This has happened about 1000 times now. I'm so sick of it. I'm threatening to put her in an empty room with only the skill book and take away the door. Her needs are at maximum as I play with the Needs Decay turned off. She just has the attention span of a gnat!
Origin ID: nik24x7

Comments

• Options
    ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    What are her traits? Maybe instead of reading, have her watch the cooking channel while talking to someone?
    Or just make sure she prepares all the meals.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Nina is lazy, romantic, & hot headed lol...Dina is opposite of her
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Yeah, that might work. Thanks!
  • Options
    Noah_ReddenNoah_Redden Posts: 311 Member
    And i just realized Katrina is actually their mother...
  • Options
    FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    edited September 2014
    You could cheat and do: stats.set_skill_level Master_HomestyleCooking (enter level you want her to be at here). Which I know is pretty lame, but if she's that stubborn you might have to result to that :P.
    Oh and if it's Gourmet cooking, replace HomestyleCooking with GourmetCooking.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • Options
    nekobear wrote: »
    Thanks, you saved me from looking it up!

• Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    nekobear wrote: »
    Thanks, you saved me from looking it up!

no problem...I remember this because I played them XD lol what a fun household
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I find most sims are pretty bad with reading. I have always tried to get them reading at the start of the game to help them but as soon as your back is turned they are doing something dumb like dancing to the radio. Then you have to go find the book which is often behind the computer or coffee machine. Dumb 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims.
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Nina just hotheaded?
    In my game Nina probably has evil trait in all three spots. She makes ruckus every time she arrives and breaks everything!!!
  • Options
    ProximProxim Posts: 189 Member
    I have the same problem with my sims. Once their fun bar rises all the way up, they won't willingly keep reading anymore. As you described it, ten seconds, twelve seconds and the book is put away. As far as his fun is low, the sim doesn't mind to read. Once it goes to max, the problem begins.
    It's quite annoying since certain tasks tell you to read books.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Jimboola11 wrote: »
    I find most sims are pretty bad with reading. I have always tried to get them reading at the start of the game to help them but as soon as your back is turned they are doing something dumb like dancing to the radio. Then you have to go find the book which is often behind the computer or coffee machine. Dumb 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sims.
    It took me a while to realize that the bookshelves in the Caliente home have an empty space on the top shelf. A Sim can place a book there, but it's not "in" the bookshelf. In other words, it won't be listed when you click on Read. That's another thing that annoyed me at first, but now I'm on to it. And they do love to hide books behind the computer, too. Crafty little Sims, aren't they?

09-14-14_2-26nbspPM-2_zpsb0e2cf57.png

See that book on the left side of the top shelf? It isn't "in" the bookcase. FYI.
  • Options
    > Jimboola11 wrote: »
    > It took me a while to realize that the bookshelves in the Caliente home have an empty space on the top shelf. A Sim can place a book there, but it's not "in" the bookshelf. In other words, it won't be listed when you click on Read. That's another thing that annoyed me at first, but now I'm on to it. And they do love to hide books behind the computer, too. Crafty little Sims, aren't they?

I remember someone made an article because their tablet disappeared and it ended up being on the bookshelf lol.
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    I... I hate to derail the topic like this, but... what's... the point of playing with, uhm... the needs off? That's... sort of the point of a Sims game. If it's 'to have fun and not worry about time' turn aging off... I have 4 young adults and all aging off and it's just fine.
  • Options
    > Jimboola11 wrote: »<br />
    > It took me a while to realize that the bookshelves in the Caliente home have an empty space on the top shelf. A Sim can place a book there, but it's not "in" the bookshelf. In other words, it won't be listed when you click on Read. That's another thing that annoyed me at first, but now I'm on to it. And they do love to hide books behind the computer, too. Crafty little Sims, aren't they?<br />
    <br />
    I remember someone made an article because their tablet disappeared and it ended up being on the bookshelf lol.
    That's another thing. In Sims 3, I would give each Sim their own tablet that they kept in their inventory. When the were done using it, they'd put it back into their inventory. This doesn't happen in Sims4. Tablets are left all over the house. Oh, well. Another adjustment to my gameplay.

• Options
    > @Nik24X7 said:
    > FFX2Paine506 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > That's another thing. In Sims 3, I would give each Sim their own tablet that they kept in their inventory. When the were done using it, they'd put it back into their inventory. This doesn't happen in Sims4. Tablets are left all over the house. Oh, well. Another adjustment to my gameplay.
    Yeah there have been an insane amount of complaints about people not being able to find certain items.