Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is a BIG deal

SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
EDIT: guys they have been asking EA for this since LAUNCH, this wasn't just asked on Friday.....

I cannot believe EA did this. I had no idea since I cannot create custom content to save my life lol. For any of us that were excited for custom content and what it could do, please go to Fairstead Sims link below and read what it says. I cannot believe they did this!! Easier modding then ever before my butt!!
Scroll down her page to read a more detailed version of what that means.

fairsteadsims.tumblr.com/post/97465975740/chisimi-demonwolfs-den-basically-what-the
Post edited by Schantal on

Comments

• Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    GOOD! CC IS GROSS!
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    Reminds me like Bethesda. Bethesda despises modders. XD
  • Options
    Atomicus wrote: »
    GOOD! CC IS GROSS!

Atomicus I have always been respectful on your threads even when you made one as ridiculous as a womans breasts barely outlined through a dress, so please don't just make comments to pick fights. Its fine if you don't like CC, but you don't have to say it in a nasty way.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    colton147 wrote: »

Exactly!! What is making people angry is that EA said "We welcome modders and in this iteration it will be easier than ever before", they lied AGAIN. I was wondering why no one was making new hairs like they did for sims 2 and 3 and now I know why.
  • Options
    Schantal wrote: »
    GOOD! CC IS GROSS!

Atomicus I have always been respectful on your threads even when you made one as ridiculous as a womans breasts barely outlined through a dress, so please don't just make comments to pick fights. Its fine if you don't like CC, but you don't have to say it in a nasty way.
    Don't shout at me you made me cry. :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I didn't shout, I didn't even use caps lol.
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    Well....I would be inclined to agree but after looking at the thread here and all of the brand spanking new accounts spamming "BUMP!"....that's not the way to get your message across because it looks like one person blatantly breaking the Forum Rules. Give them a chance to respond maybe??
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    EA has been notorious for lying during this time of TS4.. I'm not surprised they lied about making the game more modder friendly. In fact, I'm amazed they even said that. After the major mess up that was Sim City

If you didn't know, Basically after Sim City released, EA said it was "impossible" to make it a single-player game, and that you would ALWAYS have to be connected to the internet to play it. Within a few weeks, the modding community had found a way to make the game single-player and offline friendly. EA then stole all the credit for this, and implemented it in a patch - not even acknowledging the modding community who did EA's work for them,

So after being publicly humiliated, I was sure they'd ban modding for good.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    colton147 wrote: »

Exactly!! What is making people angry is that EA said "We welcome modders and in this iteration it will be easier than ever before", they lied AGAIN. I was wondering why no one was making new hairs like they did for sims 2 and 3 and now I know why.

I do not use CC, because I find it very ugly, but that is my opinion. If people like CC, they should be able to use it. :P

Even though Bethesda despises modders, they still allow people to create mods for their games. :P
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    Wasn't there a link in Pguida's thread about CC hair and a few other CC things?
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    edited September 2014
    Huh? All I see is someone angry because they posted a thread to the forums Friday and a dev hasn't responded yet. Am I missing something? I'm having a hard time seeing how this is a big-in-all-caps deal.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

They have a whole program set up for them. Perhaps they are busy addressing the actual problems instead.
    I doubt EA would have paid money to fly in modders around the world to their event, to tell them they have extra support, if it wasn't true.

The developers have priorities right now. This the extra stuff they work on once the game is working smoothly.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Well....I would be inclined to agree but after looking at the thread here and all of the brand spanking new accounts spamming "BUMP!"....that's not the way to get your message across because it looks like one person blatantly breaking the Forum Rules. Give them a chance to respond maybe??

What do you mean? Ummm my account isn't new and I have no idea what you are talking about. fairstead is a VERY respected member and storyteller in the community and that has nothing to do with anything. Respond? Did you not read what it says, they did respond and they REFUSE to give the code.....

Edit: if you mean the person who asked EA? Not sure
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

They have a whole program set up for them. Perhaps they are busy addressing the actual problems instead.
    I doubt EA would have paid money to fly in modders around the world to their event, to tell them they have extra support, if it wasn't true.

The developers have priorities right now. This the extra stuff they work on once the game is working smoothly.

No, actually they asked for this a while ago and that isn't how it works....
  • Options
    EA has been notorious for lying during this time of TS4.. I'm not surprised they lied about making the game more modder friendly. In fact, I'm amazed they even said that. After the major mess up that was Sim City

If you didn't know, Basically after Sim City released, EA said it was "impossible" to make it a single-player game, and that you would ALWAYS have to be connected to the internet to play it. Within a few weeks, the modding community had found a way to make the game single-player and offline friendly. EA then stole all the credit for this, and implemented it in a patch - not even acknowledging the modding community who did EA's work for them,

So after being publicly humiliated, I was sure they'd ban modding for good.

Very true.
  • Options
    DuruialDuruial Posts: 77 Member
    Trick wrote: »
    Huh? All I see is someone angry because they posted a thread to the forums Friday and a dev hasn't responded yet. Am I missing something? I'm having a hard time seeing how this is a big-in-all-caps deal.

Friday actually. The issue at hand here seems to be that they posted a thread on Friday, which only two posts got through on Friday, and no one has responded it for the entire weekend... So, really, it is a non-issue.
    Carthago delenda est
  • Options
    Duruial wrote: »

Friday actually. The issue at hand here seems to be that they posted a thread on Friday, which only two posts got through on Friday, and no one has responded it for the entire weekend... So, really, it is a non-issue.

No someone had asked before that. It wasn't just Friday.
  • Options

What do you mean? Ummm my account isn't new and I have no idea what you are talking about.

He's talking about the thread referenced in the blog post you linked. It's full of newbie bump posts.

• Options
    edited September 2014

What do you mean? Ummm my account isn't new and I have no idea what you are talking about.

He's talking about the thread referenced in the blog post you linked. It's full of newbie bump posts.

Yes, but the person who I linked you to is a VERY respected member of the Simblr community and she has been around since Sims 1 so it doesn't matter who "bumped" the post, it matters that this was something that was asked for WAY before Friday....
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member

What do you mean? Ummm my account isn't new and I have no idea what you are talking about. fairstead is a VERY respected member and storyteller in the community and that has nothing to do with anything. Respond? Did you not read what it says, they did respond and they REFUSE to give the code.....

Noo, I'm talking about This Thread :p I wasn't meaning you, you certainly are not a new member. :)

I don't see a Guru response anywhere there, just a lot of new accounts all spamming 'Bump!'.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Not getting an answer immediately does not mean an issue is being ignored. People need to learn patience and a few manners.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    DuruialDuruial Posts: 77 Member

No someone had asked before that. It wasn't just Friday.

Well, I will accept the probability that someone has asked about it before. However, the link you give leads to a thread that has not been around nearly long enough for anyone to reasonably reply to (If they were in fact planning to reply).
    Carthago delenda est
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    I find it very wishy-washy IMHO......when someone says things like "EA lied to us AGAIN", I almost always cringe. In the gaming industry, there are always going to be ways of fixing things that EA or any other gaming company says is "impossible". Maybe they didn't know how.....maybe with all the other bugs that the game has in it that they are reporting on, they are swamped and maybe the fact that they didn't want them to mod the hair was because with everything they are having to do to make sure that the game is bug-free, they don't have the man-power to spare to watch these modders as they try to fiddle with it. I seem to think that each mod that they come up with has to be okayed by EA.

No matter if you agree with the above or not, bottom line is that you don't know exactly what is going on unless you are either working for the company or that the company comes out with statements as to why some of the mods we want (ie hair) isn't happening. I truly believe in hearing it from the horse's mouth because you never know what's said, what's rumored, ect......I'd rather know the truth. Thing that EA needs to work on is knowing that their public won't condemn them if they have a logical explanation for why they had said something was impossible when it wasn't, ect.
  • Options

Noo, I'm talking about This Thread :p I wasn't meaning you, you certainly are not a new member. :)

I don't see a Guru response anywhere there, just a lot of new accounts all spamming 'Bump!'.

Oh ok.
  • Options

Thanks -- I noticed I was a day off and edited my original post.

Yeah, this is looking like a total freakout over nothing to me. There may be a bug, but the complaints that "EA is ignoring modders" based on a post that hasn't been answered over the weekend seem a bit ridiculous to me.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    The gurus have been away on a camping trip and will return tomorrow. This is why they haven't responded. People need to give them time.
    2rxu2ph.png