Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

fame in the sims 4

The fame system in the sims 3 was one of my favourite things about it. I really loved having the paparazzi follow my sim around and all the little challenges your agent would give you.

Do you think something like this will be implemented into the sims 4?
I'm the queen bee

Comments

• Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    You should know about being famous.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2014
    To be honest I absolutely hated that in Sims 3 lol.
    If they add a celebrity system in 4 I hope they'll handle it better. As such it's a great idea with a lot of possibilities, but as far as I'm concerned not S3 style ;-)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Paparazzi should all be set on fire...

I have actually seen them spontaneously combust in Sims 3. Hilarious :D
  • Options
    I_Luv_LindsayI_Luv_Lindsay Posts: 294 Member
    I want it to be more like how it was in superstar, but that's probably too amazing for ea ATM.
    I'm the queen bee
  • Options
    JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Errrr, wasn't fame in Sims 3 an expansion?
    Can't remember now.

Mods can you please open a separate thread for expansions speculation? Half of this forum are threads about cheats and expansions, I'm now struggling to find a thread about the Sims 4 release version.
  • Options
    TheGreenLionTheGreenLion Posts: 1,635 Member
    As long as they make sure to give players options. Turning it off completely, disabling it for your household or specific households, not allowing the paps to visit you at your home lot or disabling them, turning off those 'slander' situations that you had to go to the Town Hall to 'fight' and so on. Some times it was neat and fit the household, other times it was just annoying.
  • Options
    aadrianovaaadrianova Posts: 3 New Member
    all I can say about complainers for that part in sims3 is: only one reason for complaining about "it being tiresome in sims3 we don't wanna this in sims4" is that some people wanna decide about everything their sims will do and what will happen, they simply cannot accept random surprises in game, if it's tiresome don't play as famous, live at your lot lead simple life, create your legacies, but now we got really boring festivals to City Living instead of celebrities and let's be honest noone enjoys them for long I feel like I'd love to turn them off, also rabbit hole events.... concerts and no famous bands, no actors, all is happening and not happening YES we need celebrities and all crazy random things making their lifes harder and more funny at once, but it's pack for people which can have a fun and don't complain when sth random happens
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    I liked the idea of the celebrity system in sims 3 and would like something similar back but definitely different. For me the main problem was the inability to just have one household member be famous. I would have a couple living together and as soon as the girl got one star from talking to a celebrity out in the world, she would speak to the guy and he would get a star, but then she would get a second star from knowing him and then he would get a second star from knowing her! Neither one of them had actually done anything for people to know them but suddenly they're both famous! Of course I could turn fame off for that household but what if I actually wanted one of them to be famous but not the other?
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited April 2017
    The fame system in the sims 3 was one of my favourite things about it. I really loved having the paparazzi follow my sim around and all the little challenges your agent would give you.

I didn't have Superstar so I can't speak to that, but the way they did it in TS3 was pretty wonky.
    If they could find a better way to implement it, (and have a compelling reason to) I'd be up for them having another go at it.

It would be a natural fit for a music themed (GP/EP) which is something I'm hoping to see before the series ends.
  • Options
    hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    @samlyt22 I feel like it makes sense that family members experience some degree of fame due to being so close. Maybe at a higher level than just one star, but unless they were particularly careful about their privacy, it would bring them some attention for sure.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Ugh, I hated the celebrity system in 3. It was the one thing that made me finally use a mod. If they implement that in 4 without opt out options (immediately, not 3 years later like in 3), that will be the end of it for me.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    I think fame should be somehow player started that is for sure, maybe connected with getting a manager and only starting to gather stars then or just having a general fame career like it was done in one, but I liked that in the sims 3 that sims didn't have to be some actor/singer/model person to be famous and could just be a famous chef or a famous book author..
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    @hannaht413 I agree that it makes sense to a degree but feel like it didn't work as intended in 3. Personally I would say the celebrity sim needs to have at least 3 stars before others become famous through association, then maybe spouse/ children/ sims they are seen out with a lot could receive 1 star. The problem I had in 3 was where Sim A worked as a police officer and Sim B worked as a teacher, Sim A met a celebrity and got 1 star from that one interaction. Then went home and spoke to Sim B who got one star for knowing them. Then Sim A got a second star for talking to Sim B. Even though they just had regular jobs and were just hanging out in the privacy of their own home. Suddenly I'm in a situation where I have a famous police officer and teacher, just because one of them met a celebrity once.
  • Options
    hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member
    @samlyt22 Yeah, I agree one hundred percent. :smile: I never really played with celebrities in TS3,, honestly. So I don't know exactly how the system worked.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Wasn't a fan of the game system in TS3. Superstar did it 100% better, that EP was so much fun! Wish it would return :)
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member

I loved it too. We need that back. With the way sims constantly love to jump into conversations now, every sim feels like a celebrity.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Fame and celebrity status was one of my bigger annoyances in The Sims 3. Strike up a conversation with the wrong sim and suddenly you've got paparazzi staking out your house. It was always turned off in my games.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If they do fame again, the only thing I want is a total remake of Super Star EP from TS1 down to every detail but one. The one thing about that EP I hated and it is the only thing was after your Sim had some fame you could no longer strike up a regular conversation with any other Sim. The only things you could do in the social menu was ask them if they wanted your autograph etc. Things pertaining to fame. You could no longer just have a friendly talk.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.