Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Musical Chairs

Okay, seriously, what is up with this. Every time my Sim family sits down to a meal together and starts chatting, they all have to play musical chairs for an hour and a half, making the meal take FOREVER to eat. Is there anything that can be done to fix this short of never letting my Sims eat at the same time and quashing all their actions to speak to one another? I would love to have them build relationship points while eating, but the musical chairs just drags it out to the point that dinner time runs past midnight.

Comments

• Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Weirder Stories will be my answer :pensive:

But yeah... happens often. Getting the kid off to school with a full hunger bar can be a chore
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    Smarter Sims!

But yeah it can get really annoying, to the point of turning free will off sometimes.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just cancel the group discussion, then they get to eating.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Which is all fine & good.... until it becomes cancelcancelcancelcancelcancelcancelcancel :wink:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Here's a good one, just happened. No lie.

My sim went to the bar in Willow Creek,
    he ordered a drink and a bowl of chips.
    He sat down on the last stool.
    Got up.
    Went behind the bar and got a bowl of chips.
    Went to stool 2 from end.
    Sat down, put his bowl on bar.
    Got up.
    Sat at end stool.
    Got up.
    Got bowl from bar.
    Sat in 2nd stool.
    Got up, sat at end stool.
    Bartender is STILL making his drink!
    Cancelled out actions and he went to go dance with AMBER on the dance area by the piano.
    Tried to initiate actions.
    No dice, she just kept dancing, actions just dropped.
    Finally deleted the wall speaker.
    He actually could holds hands with her.
    Then she left.
    What a great night out.

:|

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options

Which is all fine & good.... until it becomes cancelcancelcancelcancelcancelcancelcancel :wink:

lol...the other option is to sit there going....

giphy.gif

• Options
    MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    @fullspiral, that's pretty much what I've been doing! xD Get so annoyed with it every time, and they wont stop!
    My kiddie sim will actually pick up his plate and go into the bathroom to talk to his dad, who is always in the shower when that happens. :'(
  • Options
    I like that the sims go ahead and do another task instead of sitting there eating until they're done. I like when my sim picks up their food and goes to do something else. But that's me, I guess.
  • Options
    MariskaAmyMariskaAmy Posts: 901 Member
    I like that the sims go ahead and do another task instead of sitting there eating until they're done. I like when my sim picks up their food and goes to do something else. But that's me, I guess.

It would be a great thing, if what they were doing while eating actually made sense. Too often they just switch chairs for no reason, or do things that end up giving two of them the embarrassed emotion.. I love it when they pick up their plates to go watch tv and have a group discussion, thats a great mix of things that gets their hunger, fun and social up! But more often than not they just add time to their meals thats filled with walking around doing nothing.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited September 2014
    Your commanded interactions override many autonomous interactions, including moving seats. Do not forget we have multitasking with The Sims 4, in even picking multiple interactions to perform once in consecutive order.

To put it in simple words, if you want your Sim to stay put in one chair, specifically command them to sit there.

When my Sims go to eat dinner, and I want them seated at the dinner table, I grab the dish from the counter, and choose the exact seat I want them seated, and they stay there until they're done/I change my mind WITH their dish in hand.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    It is really annoying. Sometimes, my sims take their plates, get up, put the plates back on the tables, change chairs and start eating again.
    It makes no sense.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Your commanded interactions override many autonomous interactions, including moving seats. Do not forget we have multitasking with The Sims 4, in even picking multiple interactions to perform once in consecutive order.

To put it in simple words, if you want your Sim to stay put in one chair, specifically command them to sit there.

When my Sims go to eat dinner, and I want them seated at the dinner table, I grab the dish from the counter, and choose the exact seat I want them seated, and they stay there until they're done/I change my mind WITH their dish in hand.

Works for a little while, they will still get up at some point and move around. They just do....
    I keep commanding them to sit but then another pops up.

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    Try a full house of all YA, they walk, talk, change rooms - yeah it's musical chairs alright - involving every possible place to sit in the entire 3 story home. GAHHHHH!

I mean it's cute for my insane one to play musical chairs while talking to himself but, when you have eight sims on three floors that refuse to stay put for two bites, it's annoying.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    They are playing Mad Hatters Tea Party, didn't you know?
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    KraylessaKraylessa Posts: 269 Member
    > @InannaWintermoon said:
    > They are playing Mad Hatters Tea Party, didn't you know?

Clean cup! Clean Cup! Move down! Move Down!
  • Options
    WickedfoxxWickedfoxx Posts: 4 New Member
    I find this habit to be annoying and frustrating...I've actually found myself yelling at my sims to SIT DOWN...as if they'll hear me and obey. LOL. Seriously needs to be looked at.
  • Options
    ureshii_waureshii_wa Posts: 598 Member
    edited April 2015
    ''.''
    Post edited by ureshii_wa on
  • Options
    KattycakeKattycake Posts: 274 Member
    @Kraylessa @ureshii_wa @Wickedfoxx @Alnairan There is a mod here that will fix this whole musical chairs thing it is SO ANNOYING!
    dsxTOuZ.jpg
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    it's always nice to hear i'm not the only one this stuff happens to. :)
  • Options
    ThatSwaggieThatSwaggie Posts: 255 Member
    I hate that so much, it got to a point where i had to start removing chairs from the table, so they can stop
    tumblr_nuspl0ybfb1u94f66o4_540.gif

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited March 2015
    MariskaAmy wrote: »

It would be a great thing, if what they were doing while eating actually made sense. Too often they just switch chairs for no reason, or do things that end up giving two of them the embarrassed emotion.. I love it when they pick up their plates to go watch tv and have a group discussion, thats a great mix of things that gets their hunger, fun and social up! But more often than not they just add time to their meals thats filled with walking around doing nothing.

This.

Who gets up from the dinner table with their partner or family to go to the toilet with their meal... socially awkward much? :unamused:
  • Options
    Wasting_NightWasting_Night Posts: 800 Member
    If you think musical chairs is bad on dining chairs just try having a conversation while sitting on a picnic table. Sims will literally get up and sit down over and over again. As soon as they sit down they'll get back up and the cycle continues. It's crazy.
  • Options
    AceofSpades2231AceofSpades2231 Posts: 594 Member
    I guess im the lucky one. I have sims that don't like musical chairs. (ironically) the only one that did (once that I can remember) was musical. He got his meal, sat at the bar, the got up walked all the way up stairs, placed his meal on the night stand in his room. Then he went swimming. I laughed so hard because I never had it happen before. and it hasn't happened since. I can suggest that its a bug, one thing ive been doing when ever a bug comes up is "fix" the game. To do it right click the game in origin. THen there is an option to fix game or something along those lines. 90% of glitches get fixed for me this way. It doesn't take to long and really fixes a lot. it could be why I don't have sims that like Musical chairs. Try it and see if it still happens.
    eqnxTFN.jpg
    I love video games because of the things that I could never do in real life... For instance, in the sims you can get a job and a house.
    Origin ID: Mainmanvs100
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Kattycake wrote: »
    @Kraylessa @ureshii_wa @Wickedfoxx @Alnairan There is a mod here that will fix this whole musical chairs thing it is SO ANNOYING!

Thank you! Downloaded!
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Yeah, the less musical chairs mod is your best bet. I forgot this bug even existed because of it!