Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel bad for the babies in this game...

WillowWillow Posts: 268 Member
This has happened several times now to the poor babies of my families. The parents go to work and the baby vanishes to the supposed day care and if a young child comes home before the parents the baby is returned to the crib, in a filthy diaper (thanks a lot day care) and lays there screaming for HOURS until the parents come home. I've even had the game leave the baby at home all day alone and not send it to daycare. If the baby leaves with a dirty diaper it comes back that way, so much for day care. I want nannies back!

I don't understand why kids are rendered so helpless in this game either, they can't even clean the bathroom/kitchen or water plants, yet they leave babies with them with no other interaction than to talk to them.

I feel like whoever did the programming for babies in this game does not like them, or toddlers for that matter. Babies are stuck in their cribs and treated like objects and not family members, just horrible imo.
Death by Cow Plant @ youtube: My first Sim Cow Plant Death
Angry Poops aren't angry enough

15266541567_b097f729db.jpgg7XI2AJ.gif
Post edited by Willow on

Comments

• Options
    TarôTarô Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2014
    Well... in a way it's quite realistic. When people have a baby in real life, the mother has a maternity leave, she doesn't give the baby to a daycare, nor let it alone with a kid. Maybe you could just make a parent quit his/her job to take care about the baby until he becomes a kid. This is a workaround until we maybe get maternity leaves in the game without having to quit a job (note that the sim that quits a job still have many ways to make quite a lot of money, selling books by example).
  • Options
    TarôTarô Posts: 52 Member
    edited September 2014
    Except a real life daycare that neglected kids like that would be shut down.

Yes but I personally think that leaving a baby to the daycare is already neglecting it in a way, it could be ok if you really really don't have the choice, but come on, it's your baby, can't you take the time to take care of it yourself as its parents ? :)
  • Options
    BreadfishBreadfish Posts: 8 New Member
    Yeah, the daycare idea kinda shocked me. My baby disappeared when mom left with the carpool and I freaked out. I didn't find out until after they whisked my baby away that they go invisible when family members are away. Thankfully, everything was okay when the kids got home, and mom and dad came back I believe at 6 PM. I don't know what would happen in that situation either, my kids' only reactions with the baby are "coo at" or "talk to" and it usually ends up with the baby in tears and my child in an angry mood.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I totally agree, they are practically... objects. ;) Also, it's kind of annoying that the parents must put the baby inside the crib in the in-between of their actions. They talk to the baby and then they put it down, they feed it and then they have to put it back to the crib again. If only babies were like The Sims 2 ones.
  • Options
    Sparkysim2Sparkysim2 Posts: 359 Member
    Well between two parents I have managed to not leave the babies alone. I think there must be a lot of bugs concerning the babies. But maybe that was the way the planned it or they didn't plan. Otherwise I don't have a problem with the interactions with the babies. You don't have to worry about a Sim carrying them off and leaving them on the ground outside somewhere as in past games. And there are more interactions from what I can tell including breast feeding which has been wanted by a lot of people for a long time. I'm enjoying the break from toddlers and well, I really hope it is a while before a generations type EP comes out. I do think children should not be left "Home Alone". I would like to see having a friend or nanny keep the kids company while the parents are out.
    "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen." CM
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    I totally agree, they are practically... objects. ;) Also, it's kind of annoying that the parents must put the baby inside the crib in the in-between of their actions. They talk to the baby and then they put it down, they feed it and then they have to put it back to the crib again. If only babies were like The Sims 2 ones.

the babies and toddler's were <3 in sims 2...they we're too adorable I mean how can you not have a child in that game ;) gosh I hope if they release a ep like generations I hope it includes more interactions & *cough* toddlers XD
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    > @gothprincess4ever said:
    > I totally agree, they are practically... objects. ;) Also, it's kind of annoying that the parents must put the baby inside the crib in the in-between of their actions. They talk to the baby and then they put it down, they feed it and then they have to put it back to the crib again. If only babies were like The Sims 2 ones.

Yes! Get those babies out of the crib for gosh sakes!
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Sparkysim2 wrote: »
    Well between two parents I have managed to not leave the babies alone. I think there must be a lot of bugs concerning the babies. But maybe that was the way the planned it or they didn't plan. Otherwise I don't have a problem with the interactions with the babies. You don't have to worry about a Sim carrying them off and leaving them on the ground outside somewhere as in past games. And there are more interactions from what I can tell including breast feeding which has been wanted by a lot of people for a long time. I'm enjoying the break from toddlers and well, I really hope it is a while before a generations type EP comes out. I do think children should not be left "Home Alone". I would like to see having a friend or nanny keep the kids company while the parents are out.

Actually, you sort of can have a friend take care of the baby, if your kids are home alone with a baby, if all else fails you can find a random stranger walking by and invite them in, unless they are mean or evil there is a good chance they will tend to a crying baby.
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    They don't only disappear when parents go to work but also when moving the family, No baby. I to wish the kids could at least water the plants.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Thanks all for your responses and input.

> @Tarô
    With a single parent household and how far she is into her career having her quit her job isn't feasible to me. They should have allowed for nannies, babysitters, etc. They definitely shouldn't have the babies returned home if only a child is there who can't take care of it.

> @gothprincess4eve
    Agreed, I can't stand they are tied to the crib. I want to carry them around with me and take them for jogs or walks in strollers.

> @Sparkysim2
    I can't imagine ever enjoying the game like Sims 2 if they don't improve on the family dynamics with babies and put toddlers back. Teenagers look like adults so the life stages in this game are basically back to Sims 1 which is unacceptable after nearly 15 years since that game was released. Families and stages of life should be expanded upon, not limited.

> @nekobear
    Totally agree, I am missing toddlers so much and hate how limited my family sizes are with just a bunch of kids all the same size and teenagers that you can't tell apart from adults.

• Options
    I was surprised when I saw that the kids can't even fix themselves a meal (sandwiches?)-I always struggle to have an adult around to constantly make them meals, and then store them in the fridge because there's always an overabundance. .-.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Tarô wrote: »

Yes but I personally think that leaving a baby to the daycare is already neglecting it in a way, it could be ok if you really really don't have the choice, but come on, it's your baby, can't you take the time to take care of it yourself as its parents ? :)

That's a little judgmental. People don't put their kids in daycare because they don't want to care for them. Sometimes, one income is not enough to support two parents and their kid(s). Unless the daycare is an abusive one, I doubt the kid will suffer. There are plenty of kids in daycare who are doing just as good as kids not in daycare.

Also, if you seriously think placing a kid in daycare is neglect, you haven't the slightest idea what real neglect is.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Maybe the daycare is run by EA game developers...
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Willow wrote: »
    I feel like whoever did the programming for babies in this game does not like them, or toddlers for that matter. Babies are stuck in their cribs and treated like objects and not family members, just horrible imo.

Yep, babies are objects. Confirmed before release. And of course no toddlers at all. Sad.

• Options
    ShanmarieShanmarie Posts: 1,236 Member
    I hate the babies,I find them so pointless yet I don't want to age them up to a child because I feel it is rushed,our Simmies should be able to enjoy their time as a family together and raise their children. I hate that the babies are just objects now,I feel the only reason they were put in the game is so it wouldn't cause outrage about missing 2 entire life stages and eliminating pregnancy. They're literally there to please people IMO,I don't see the detail,emotion or effort that was put into every other life stage.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

I've said it before, the current Sims devs have proudly displayed their dislikes children trait for a long time now.

There had to have been a major change in staff between TS2 and TS3.
  • Options
    I find it strange how she has to give birth right over the crib too, LOL...weird. Also, I've noticed no one in the house cares when someone goes into labor. I have yet to see anyone excited or take notice. Like, oh gee mom is popping one into the crib again, lemme play with my clay mold or play computer games while she gets that over with. :|

• Options
    AJLOVER01AJLOVER01 Posts: 120 Member
    I find it strange how she has to give birth right over the crib too, LOL...weird. Also, I've noticed no one in the house cares when someone goes into labor. I have yet to see anyone excited or take notice. Like, oh gee mom is popping one into the crib again, lemme play with my clay mold or play computer games while she gets that over with. :|

There is a option to go to the hospital, also I have seen the dad freak out when mom goes in to labor.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Ha ha ha.
    (you are kidding.., right...?)

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ArkansasWoman777ArkansasWoman777 Posts: 601 Member
    edited September 2014

Wait...what? You do know parents have this thing called a JOB right? They can't just take their kids to work, thats where a daycare comes in. Your comment is very inappropriate

i7 6700k, 1tb ssd, Rx MSI 480 8gb, Evga 750G2, Corsair H100i V2, 16gb of ram
  • Options
    JaylinaJaylina Posts: 256 Member
    I was shocked the first time my sim parents went to work after having it and the baby went poof. I was like "where the F did the baby go" lol. I have to admit I kinda panicked but that subsided when I noticed the baby pic still at the bottom of the screen. Felt relieved when the parents came home and the baby appeared in her crib.
  • Options
    JennaBean93JennaBean93 Posts: 84 Member
    yee, I doubt the gurus would put this anywhere near the front of their to-do list, or even on their list at all but
    I'd love to see at-least a bit of effort with the babies (and toddlers if there even will be any.)

It'd be cool if the babies could have a few simple emotions, (happy, sad, angry, uncomfortable etc)

You could have a baby paddling pool? (just realized, no pools yet hehe sorry :#) Baby swings, baby play mats, baby jumpers
    based on the babys' emotions, you can cheer the baby up when it's sad etc.

just have em bouncin around like
    41.jpg

a-lot people found the toddler stage, as-well as the baby stage to be a bit tedious,
    and I feel like this was their chance to finally expand on the young-ins. It's a shame they did the opposite. :s
    karlpilkingtonplz.png?1
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    The babies do have emotons, happy, and sad, same color as normal, oh and asleep if that counts.
  • Options
    ianxziianxzi Posts: 723 Member

I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're really this stubbornly dumb lol.

Anyway, back to the point of this post, I feel bad for the babies too. They're so useless. I just see them as objects with a few interactions. They're stuck in their crib things for their whole baby stage of life, and then they suddenly pop on out of there and know how to walk and take a crap properly.
    original.gif