Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Book of Life

I read somewhere that a dead Sim can be brought back to life with the book of life. I searched and couldn't find out anything. Anyone know where to get the book and if this really works? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    daltondougdaltondoug Posts: 618 Member
    this is a reward for the writing sims, in the lifetime aspirations reward
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Ooh this sounds fancy! ^
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    I just came to see if I could find any info on this - now that my sim has level 10 writing skill, he can write one and I wondered what it is.
  • Options
    MonkeeGoddessMonkeeGoddess Posts: 315 Member
    I just saw the option pop up. My sim wrote the Book of Life and then "captured" her husband's saga in the book. She later read the book and he was invigorated by it. All I noticed was that some of his needs were replenished. I don't know if it can raise the dead as she doesn't have anyone that's dead yet but at least I know that it does something to their needs.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    A maniac's new love song.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,
    Cause I have lost my way.

• Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    What genre is The Book of Life?
  • Options
    moongodessmoongodess Posts: 1,550 Member
    @Bafendo
    It doesn't have one - it's listed by itself once you have level 10 writing skill
  • Options
    moongodess wrote: »
    @Bafendo
    It doesn't have one - it's listed by itself once you have level 10 writing skill

My Sim does but I don't see it as an option. :(
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    edited September 2014
    My writer is also level 10 & has no Book of Lifeoption. :(
  • Options
    It's not just that they need to be at level 10. They need to max out the Best Selling Writer Aspiration. Then they can write the Book of Life. But they need to have completed that first.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,

• Options
    edited September 2014
    It's not just that they need to be at level 10. They need to max out the Best Selling Writer Aspiration. Then they can write the Book of Life. But they need to have completed that first.
    Oh! Well nobody said that. But I started to wonder about it. lol Thanks for the help! :D
  • Options

Well that explains it. I'm one of the unlucky ones who has been unable to get writer's block. I changed aspirations after 3 days of trying.

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I have book of life question! Can you have a sim write their own book of life? Or can they only write it for other people?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ah geez, now I have to make a writer sim.
  • Options
    So I completed the milestones and unlocked the ability to write "The Book of Life". Can only capture "Epic Saga" of living Sims. I wish a Guru who knows about this would come on here and explain. :(
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member

Well that explains it. I'm one of the unlucky ones who has been unable to get writer's block. I changed aspirations after 3 days of trying.

The "Writer's Block" is a Tense moodlet that prevents your sim from continuing writing.

As far as I know, if your sim is in an Inspired (and perhaps Focus) you'll never get it.

So.. avoid your sim inspired and continue writing (a book preferably)
  • Options
    So apparently you can only use the book to bring back a Sim if your Write and Epic Saga about them whilst they are of the living.
    Via SimGuruGraham/Simedi
    "Don't worry, you're on the right path. Essentially you use the Book of Life on another Sim before they die. Then when they do actually kick the bucket, that's when you use the Book of Life to bring that Sim back."
  • Options
    Bafendo wrote: »
    So apparently you can only use the book to bring back a Sim if your Write and Epic Saga about them whilst they are of the living.
    Via SimGuruGraham/Simedi
    "Don't worry, you're on the right path. Essentially you use the Book of Life on another Sim before they die. Then when they do actually kick the bucket, that's when you use the Book of Life to bring that Sim back."

That's kind of what I was thinking. Good to have confirmation though. That's pretty awesome.
    The desert is calling.
    The emptiness of space.
    The hunger of a lion
    Is written on your face.
    Destruction is his game.
    I need a new direction,

• Options
    chellechereechellecheree Posts: 232 Member
    Biggos6 wrote: »

The "Writer's Block" is a Tense moodlet that prevents your sim from continuing writing.

As far as I know, if your sim is in an Inspired (and perhaps Focus) you'll never get it.

i found it much easier to get with practice writing because you get a confidence boost when u finish books and they dont take long enough to get writers block
    c.gifh.gife.gifl.gifl.gife.gifc.gifh.gife.gifr.gife.gife.gif
  • Options
    Biggos6 wrote: »

Well my problem in the game no moodlet or lack thereof has ever affected her writing. She's been tense when she's started writing, she's been tense practicing writing - no writer's block ever. :(
  • Options
    Bafendo wrote: »
    Via SimGuruGraham/Simedi

That's kind of what I was thinking. Good to have confirmation though. That's pretty awesome.

Still have my fingers crossed that they'll eventually add a way to bring back a Sim who died before you write an Epic Saga about them. Maybe when ghost return. *Crosses Fingers*
  • Options
    VirtualQueenZVirtualQueenZ Posts: 2 New Member
    I put together a YouTube video. It tells and shows you everything and includes cheats aswell :) Hope this helps! It's called
    SIMS 4: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE BOOK OF LIFE!
  • Options
    NightSimNightSim Posts: 33 Member
    Do youb guys know weither copying the book of life and publishing the original will effect anything?
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    @NightSim I was curious enough to go and check, but it seems there is no option to copy the Book of Life. One time use, it seems.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    @NightSim I was curious enough to go and check, but it seems there is no option to copy the Book of Life. One time use, it seems.

But the sim it's tied to can read it over and over to fill their needs.

• Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Piperbird wrote: »

But the sim it's tied to can read it over and over to fill their needs.

I meant one time use in bringing a Sim back to life.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png