Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Returned Sims 4, Then I Re-Bought It

Ok, I pre-ordered Sims 4 and after playing it for a while I got angry and returned it. I felt it was not the sequel to the Sims I expected or wanted.

With my "very angry" emotion state active, my "Rant on forum" interaction was unlocked and I of course...ranted on the forum.

But after almost a week of my futile ranting (and painting my garage) I'm bored. Also after reading what people DO like about the game on this forum, and hearing SimGuruGrant say there might not be a Sims 5, I decided to re-buy Sims 4. An imperfect Sims game is better than no Sims game after all. At least I got my writing, fishing and gardening skills to do now, and the $65 it cost barely buys a good steak dinner in my area anymore.

The Sims game I want may never exist anyway, so joining in on the Sims 4 and complaining occasionally is better than sitting around for 5 years waiting for a Sims 5 that may never get made. And if this turns out to be the last hoorah for the Sims, at least I got to be in on it.

But Sims 5 BETTER have a kick-plum open world......and lots of pools and plum-in dishwashers.

Comments

• Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member
    Geferdi wrote: »
    Ok, I pre-ordered Sims 4 and after playing it for a while I got angry and returned it. I felt it was not the sequel to the Sims I expected or wanted.

With my "very angry" emotion state active, my "Rant on forum" interaction was unlocked and I of course...ranted on the forum.

But after almost a week of my futile ranting (and painting my garage) I'm bored. Also after reading what people DO like about the game on this forum, and hearing SimGuruGrant say there might not be a Sims 5, I decided to re-buy Sims 4. An imperfect Sims game is better than no Sims game after all. At least I got my writing, fishing and gardening skills to do now, and the $65 it cost barely buys a good steak dinner in my area anymore.

The Sims game I want may never exist anyway, so joining in on the Sims 4 and complaining occasionally is better than sitting around for 5 years waiting for a Sims 5 that may never get made. And if this turns out to be the last hoorah for the Sims, at least I got to be in on it.

But Sims 5 BETTER have a kick-plum open world......and lots of pools and plum-in dishwashers.
    im surprised thats what changed your opinion. I hope you enjoy it :).. i guess.

I always loved it though :)
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    If the reason that you bought the game really is just on the off chance that its possible failure could kill the series, that is a horrible reason. Unless you've warmed up to it.
  • Options
    chase_paynechase_payne Posts: 58 Member
    There is nothing wrong with the Sims 3 that if Sims 4 bankrupts the franchise it's not like we will be left with nothing to do.
  • Options
    GeferdiGeferdi Posts: 47 Member
    I bought it for nostalgia mostly, and for something to do. I don't have any other games on my want list right now. I may not end up getting pulled in and addicted like the last Sims games, but I'll probably get a week of entertainment at least.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    But after almost a week of my futile ranting (and painting my garage) I'm bored. Also after reading what people DO like about the game on this forum, and hearing SimGuruGrant say there might not be a Sims 5, I decided to re-buy Sims 4. An imperfect Sims game is better than no Sims game after all.

Aaaand that's exactly why he said that, so people would buy the game not out of want, but out of fear their favorite game would no longer be produced.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    You can always play Sims 3.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    DarkMirage wrote: »
    But after almost a week of my futile ranting (and painting my garage) I'm bored. Also after reading what people DO like about the game on this forum, and hearing SimGuruGrant say there might not be a Sims 5, I decided to re-buy Sims 4. An imperfect Sims game is better than no Sims game after all.

Aaaand that's exactly why he said that, so people would buy the game not out of want, but out of fear their favorite game would no longer be produced.

So that when they remove EVERYTHING from Sims 5 they can say it's what the players wanted because Sims 4 ;)
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    Threats of extortion do work!
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member

That's a shame and manipulating. If I were working for EA I might feel differently depending on my paycheck.

However with that said, I myself am enjoying The Sims 4. It's not terrible and can be quite a bit of fun watching the new animations. I really enjoy how well the kids were done in this game. I truly hope that anyone who purchased/playing the game is enjoying it. :smile:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    It wasn't the threat of no Sims 5 that made me re-buy, I just figure some Sims is better than no sims.

As I'm installing my new copy though I see my product code I had to enter had "4Q" in it. Great, I guess EA got my earlier threads. :-)
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member

You're right.
    I still won't buy it. Sorry, telling me if sales are bad for TS4 then there won't be a TS5 doesn't work on me. The game has no appeal to me. My way to play is gone, the sandbox gone. If I wanted to play a game with RPG elements in it I would play a better one then what they put out. After 14 years I expected way better from the franchise.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I agree with that. I'll take a half-finished game over nothing at all.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    All this hullabaloo about Grant saying there might not be a Sims 5 if people don't buy 4 (and the subsequent misinterpretation of his intentions with that by some) has me fearing for his job. This is the kind of stuff that people get fired or at least severely reprimanded over...
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    Sooooooo no one knows that there are plenty of other games on the market? 2014 is an awesome time to be a gamer. There are so many great looking games due this fall alone. Diversity is always a good thing. It will make accepting change a lot easier for you when you have options.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    ShepherdmoonShepherdmoon Posts: 1,486 Member

I'm glad I clicked on this thread. The way you worded this was awesome, comparing your real life to the Sims. I enjoyed reading it :). Also, I hope you end up enjoying the game. There's more to it than meets the eye at first glance, I think.
    tumblr_static_sh2.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Hows that a shock. If you fall for this tact I have a bridge to sell you.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member

What are you talking about, DarkMirage? I ONLY buy food from bad restaurants so they won't threaten to go out of business. I also buy cars with bad safety records, TVs that electrocute people and clothes that don't even fit me for the same reason. Doing it any other way is just CRAZY TALK.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't think Grant meant that as some kind of threat...
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    My video game time is severely limited. I am very particular about what I do play.

Sims and the Grand Theft Auto series have been able to occupy probably 60% of my video game time over the last few years.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I personally don't want a Sims 5 to come. The Sims series is milked and there's not many major improvements to improve on for a life simulator. The 4 games have covered a life simulator. Simulating life. There's not much new to it.
  • Options
    joeyk0987joeyk0987 Posts: 211 Member
    If you don't like the game why bother lol.
  • Options
    If people like the game and thats why they get it great. For me its like buying a car with no breaks and hoping the dealership will fix it later. No thanks. Besides how will they put the sandbox back after removing it?
  • Options
    I don't think Grant meant that as some kind of threat...

Yes, but there are many people who believe (or at least would have you believe) that he meant exactly that.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I agree with that. I'll take a half-finished game over nothing at all.

Just wondering, are you GameLover16?