Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens?...Teens?...Bueller?

So one of my Sims, Cheyenne, aged up into a teen recently. She has the Soulmate aspiration so I thought I'd send her out so she could get started on that. The only problem is...it looks like she might be the only teen in the town. I'm not sure if there's a specific place where the teens hang out or if I'm just mistaking them for adults or what. Any help? :(
tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
I do not own the above gif.

Comments

• Options
    blondesimblondesim Posts: 121 Member
    So one of my Sims, Cheyenne, aged up into a teen recently. She has the Soulmate aspiration so I thought I'd send her out so she could get started on that. The only problem is...it looks like she might be the only teen in the town. I'm not sure if there's a specific place where the teens hang out or if I'm just mistaking them for adults or what. Any help? :(

I have the same problem!! I had to make another teen so she had a friend lol
  • Options
    dixieangel550dixieangel550 Posts: 779 Member
    edited September 2014
    I noticed the same thing. I see a lot of adults and kids but no teen townies. I would suggest maybe if you talk to classmates while in school they will meet some to be able to friend
    QPs2LMU.jpg
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    It seems like there are only three ages: 8-year-old child, adult and elder.
  • Options
    CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    I wish I could help, but I'm somewhat having a similar problem. I kept mistaking teens for adults. I was looking for a guy for my sim to date and I spotted a good looking one at one of the parks, so I was like "Ooo-lala!" and had her mozy on up to him only to find out he was a teen. Uhwhoops! Lol.
  • Options
    fightingeternalyfightingeternaly Posts: 28 New Member
    That is a major problem for my kids/teens as well. It seems like the townies are not producing! They don't have families, they just keep dying, they aren't marrying either. I will eventually have to click into each one and force them to have kids just so my families will have neighbors in the future. Also, when people go to school/work, there isn't an option for them to meet people. They can socialize, but it just fills their social need and doesn't build relationships. This is a disappointment. NPCs also seem to have no jobs. So when I got married I assumed my new wife would have had a job. Not so much. This is sad.
  • Options
    MBBMVADERMBBMVADER Posts: 313 Member
    Really? Really?? *flips table* (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    tumblr_m7r6bjtGka1rou289o1_500.gif
  • Options
    xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    I'm kinda relieved other people are having the same problem lol I guess I'll either have her go around to different lots until she finds someone or I'll make her future soulmate myself matchmaker style :)

• Options
    ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
    Sadly.. the only solution seems to be to turn off aging and make your own pool of 'extras'.
    I had to turned Oasis Springs into a child/teen warehouse, full of empty lots and families packed with randomized offspring who are unrelated to each other. Then if my sim ages up and I don't want to lose their friendship, I go in and manually age up their friend.
    It is tedious, and dumb that things have to be this way :(
  • Options
    kturner1015kturner1015 Posts: 245 Member
    When my Sims had a child, she went to the park often and played with other kids (there are millions of kids in this game!) I found that when she aged up to be a teenager, a lot of the friends aged at the same time. So even though I still rarely saw teens in the neighborhood walking around, there were at least her now-teen friends she could hang out with.
  • Options
    ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
    > @kturner1015 said:
    > When my Sims had a child, she went to the park often and played with other kids (there are millions of kids in this game!) I found that when she aged up to be a teenager, a lot of the friends aged at the same time. So even though I still rarely saw teens in the neighborhood walking around, there were at least her now-teen friends she could hang out with.

If that is true.. then a fair number of us are experiencing a bug. There were NO children in my town until I specifically made some. Whenever my kid went to the park it was deserted except for the adults playing chess. :(
  • Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    My game has a few of each. Some are even starting to move in and be randoms who walk around tonwn
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    Hmm... I've seen a couple of kids around town and I've mistaken a teen or two for young adults, so I know that there are younger sims around. They're just not as numerous as the adults.
  • Options
    TsutaTsuta Posts: 63 Member
    edited September 2014
    The teens look very close to young adults/adults, but one way I use to tell the difference is to meet a sim, then check their stats in the relationship panel: if they have only two undiscovered traits, they're a teen, whereas if they have more, they're older.

They seem to be less common to see around town than the young adults/adults/elders, but they're out there! Good luck (:
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 644 Member
    I never see any teens around in town, it is a waste of an age group.
    Check out my Youtube channel where I create life simulation gaming videos including content about the Sims 4! MellowGamerChick YT
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I am having the same issue. I was going to make my teen date, but she found none her age.
  • Options
    Update!: I had her go around to a few other lots but still found no teens so I finally jut picked a really hot guy from the gallery, aged him down to a teen, gave him a family, and made her visit with him until their relationship bars were around the middle. They're now dating and have exchanged promise rings! :D I can't wait to see what their kids will look like lol

• Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    I can't wait to see what their kids will look like lol

Do testingcheats true. Add the teen into the family. Do cas.fulleditmode. Go into CAS. Age them up into young adults. Use the genetics tool. You'll get an idea of how your child will look. When you're done, you can age them back to teens. Go out of CAS. Take him out of the household. Done.

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I think they should make an interaction ''Ask about age'' or whatever, or just a small indicator in the menu telling you what age group the Sim is in. And a nice thing also would be to show how far he/she is already in that age group.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    I agree! lol

On a different note (instead of making a brand new discussion), as I mentioned before Cheyenne has the Soulmate aspiration and one of the goals is 'Go on a Date' (1/2). She's already gone on two dates with her boyfriend, Seth, but it's only counting it as one I guess. Does she have to date two different Sims or is it just being glitchy?

EDIT: Oops! Nevermind! I just had her leaving the date before the timer ran out. They had finished all the tasks so I without thinking made her go home :P
    Post edited by xosummerloverxo on

• Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    When my Sim was at the library, I saw a few teens doing homework.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Luke wrote: »
    When my Sim was at the library, I saw a few teens doing homework.

That's a thing to look out for then. I sent them to the library once but that was on a date so I wasn't really searching the area for teen life lol :)

• Options
    tumblr_nbkm4c5bcc1rjo2ivo1_500.png

Update!: Here's a picture of Cheyenne and Seth on a date in the park. They're cuties :)

• Options
    cheyh719cheyh719 Posts: 251 Member
    tumblr_nbkm4c5bcc1rjo2ivo1_500.png

Update!: Here's a picture of Cheyenne and Seth on a date in the park. They're cuties :)

Thats my name and i have red hair! wierd lol
  • Options
    MergadMergad Posts: 81 Member
    > @rudy8292 said:
    > I think they should make an interaction ''Ask about age'' or whatever, or just a small indicator in the menu telling you what age group the Sim is in. And a nice thing also would be to show how far he/she is already in that age group.

This would truly be a great feature! And now just with teens (at least them you can recognize by the amount of traits)... I'm also having difficulties telling apart Adults from Young adults.

As for kids.. I seem to have plenty of kids around whenever I go to the park and even wandering the streets outside my house. My poor youth are just too busy completing their aspirations to be allowed to play outside. I guess it depends on not only pre-made families but what off-worlders the game generates for you to fill up the world.
  • Options
    MarriedSim24MarriedSim24 Posts: 53 Member
    I agree! lol

On a different note (instead of making a brand new discussion), as I mentioned before Cheyenne has the Soulmate aspiration and one of the goals is 'Go on a Date' (1/2). She's already gone on two dates with her boyfriend, Seth, but it's only counting it as one I guess. Does she have to date two different Sims or is it just being glitchy?

EDIT: Oops! Nevermind! I just had her leaving the date before the timer ran out. They had finished all the tasks so I without thinking made her go home :P

Darn it! I did the same thing. My sims were on a great date (they are married), so I thought, "Let's get them home so they can finish the date there." But the girl was really tired so it took her longer to get to the, what I'm calling, transport spot of the road. The timer ran out just as he left and she was plodding along the sidewalk. Even though it was a gold metal date, it didn't count in his aspiration. Darn, darn, darn.

Sidenote: Is there or can we have a "go home together" option? In Sims 3, there was "go here with date" or "go here with group". I'd like that to come back. I want my sims in the same place so I can micromanage them. I get nervous when they're off somewhere on their own. I don't like not knowing what they're up to.
    Check out our Sims site www.TheSimstasticSisters.com and find my in-game creations by searching Origin ID gordn99