Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 where is the content?

I have read this question about the content in countless threads! After playing the game for about 10 hours today I just wonder if the players who raised this question have been playing the same game I'm playing!

The game is full of contents, It is stuffed with so many things to do. I started with a single young adult sim to do my experiments and findings (link in my signature) before starting to play my normal way of rotation between families!

I haven't played CAS, I haven't played Build Mode. Just live mode with only one life stage and I had so much fun. So many things to do. So many things I have not even done! I didnt even give much attention to that sim's career or skills. Just let him go with the flow!! How many hours will I spend with families?! I'm sure a lot more.

I had my doubts about the game. Deep doubts!! But I never expected to love it that much! I need to update my first experiment by tomorrow and I'm very very happy with the findings. I shall share them with you by tomorrow.

So saying Sims 4 does not have content is not true, I do not agree with it at all. The game is filled with fun contents in terms of objects or interactions. This must be one of the most promising base games in the sims franchise!
Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
giphy.gif

Comments

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    I agree. Even though some features were removed, there are features that have been added. :)
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    Examples please of all this fun content. What am I missing?
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »

The interactions between the sims and the way they differ based on the emotions alone are just a game itself. The endless possibilities! Even the romance that my sim experienced was different from a sim to another. Leave alone the objects and the number of ways to interact with them.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options

That bug in your signature... :o
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Threads like these makes me so excited to play. I decided to wait on purchasing so that I could conentrate on my schoolproject. But I am sooo looking forward to playing this game!
  • Options
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »
    Threads like these makes me so excited to play. I decided to wait on purchasing so that I could conentrate on my schoolproject. But I am sooo looking forward to playing this game!

Hypnotoad commands you to buy the game right now... >:)
    Hypnotoad.gif
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Where is the content? In The Sims 1, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3...
  • Options
    UntrustedlifeUntrustedlife Posts: 555 Member

freaky bug...................

also gardening is amazing in the sims 4.

The children are AMAZING. so much more lifelike i even saw a child who was depressed because he had a new sibling who he didnt want. because he wanted attention.they are so cute.

Woodworking, all of the skills have active uses now that all effect the game.. woodworking is back from the sims 1 //// i dunno, theres lots of cool features..
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have read this question about the content in countless threads! After playing the game for about 10 hours today I just wonder if the players who raised this question have been playing the same game I'm playing!

The game is full of contents, It is stuffed with so many things to do. I started with a single young adult sim to do my experiments and findings (link in my signature) before starting to play my normal way of rotation between families!

I haven't played CAS, I haven't played Build Mode. Just live mode with only one life stage and I had so much fun. So many things to do. So many things I have not even done! I didnt even give much attention to that sim's career or skills. Just let him go with the flow!! How many hours will I spend with families?! I'm sure a lot more.

I had my doubts about the game. Deep doubts!! But I never expected to love it that much! I need to update my first experiment by tomorrow and I'm very very happy with the findings. I shall share them with you by tomorrow.

So saying Sims 4 does not have content is not true, I do not agree with it at all. The game is filled with fun contents in terms of objects or interactions. This must be one of the most promising base games in the sims franchise!

I think they forgot to click the play button.
    Post edited by Freygea on
  • Options
    TeladisTeladis Posts: 82 Member
    smoogie wrote: »

Sims 3 was a step back on sims 2 when it comes to the sims themselves. Sims 4 improves on the sims, and understood the mistakes very well that sims 3 made.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4 wrote: »

You can check my first impression and experiment link in my signature. The experiment has been made as a kind of story. Go for it. You will enjoy the game, it is very nice, that is the least I can say!
    giphy.gif
  • Options

The first time I played sims 3 on launch day I asked "where are the sims?"
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Freygea wrote: »

I think the forgot to click the play button.

Lol, possible because I don't know how could they say that!
    giphy.gif
  • Options

Some of you people are a riot! How do you disagree or agree, for that matter, with a simple question? I honestly want to know what I am missing when I play this game.......Not the emotions stuff but the objects that the OP is talking about?

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    Teladis wrote: »

Sims 3 was a step back on sims 2 when it comes to the sims themselves. Sims 4 improves on the sims, and understood the mistakes very well that sims 3 made.

I totally agree. Not a single doubt. Even TS3 fans know very well that sims in that game were robotic and lifeless.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014

Some of you people are a riot! How do you disagree or agree, for that matter, with a simple question? I honestly want to know what I am missing when I play this game.......Not the emotions stuff but the objects that the OP is talking about?

The answers people gave was content? People gave the answer that was needed. The core of the sims game is the Sims themselves and how they use the items react to the world. Some thing that sims 3 took a step back from.

Also, If I recall sims 2, and 3 did not have that many items in a base game also. I think it is about on par, but sims 3 was broken mess at release, and sims 4 has more content when it coming to the sims themselves.

If you don't like that answer. Eh sorry?
  • Options
    edited September 2014

freaky bug...................

also gardening is amazing in the sims 4.

The children are AMAZING. so much more lifelike i even saw a child who was depressed because he had a new sibling who he didnt want. because he wanted attention.they are so cute.

Woodworking, all of the skills have active uses now that all effect the game.. woodworking is back from the sims 1 //// i dunno, theres lots of cool features..

I havent done gardening yet!! And have not played with children, just interacted with some!
    All these hours and still there are tons of stuff to explore!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Oh, you're assuming "content" = "objects". The gameplay in Sims 4 is so much richer that I haven't even thought about what objects there are that aren't in Sims 3. The game feels more full.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Oh, you're assuming "content" = "objects". The gameplay in Sims 4 is so much richer that I haven't even thought about what objects there are that aren't in Sims 3. The game feels more full.

Absolutely, I have not even explored the buy mode that much, but whenever I needed an item and searched for it Many things came up.

For example the computer itself we have more than 4 or 5 kinds and that is just a base game!
    The actions on the computer are a lot and I'm sure more can be unlocked depending on skill and career!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member

The last time I played Sims 3 I asked the same thing.
  • Options
    oppzorrooppzorro Posts: 341 Member
    I agree with OP. there is so much stuff to do that I can't do it all. Between all of the interactions and the objects adding interactions as you level your skills. All of the social actions, the collecting, etc....I don't have the time to do it all.
  • Options
    lynny wrote: »

Same, and I found them! Stuck in a darn wall making my game laggy!
  • Options
    @halimali1980 You said this......" The game is filled with fun contents in terms of objects or interactions." You are the one that used the term 'objects'. All I was asking was for examples of those.....nothing to do with build/buy mode.
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    lynny wrote: »

Exactly nothing has changed! We were only getting more worlds!
    I think the sims franchise is back on track.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    @halimali1980 You said this......" The game is filled with fun contents in terms of objects or interactions." You are the one that used the term 'objects'. All I was asking was for examples of those.....nothing to do with build/buy mode.

I gave the example of computer as object!
    Compare it to past games.
    Number of PCs as well as the interactions you can do using them.
    This is for buy mode.

In terms of interactions between sims they are countless.
    Have you played the game?
    giphy.gif