Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Move out/evict?

Ok what is the difference between evicting a household & moving a household out?
xy2ja.gif

Comments

• Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    move a household out and you have to move them to new house. evict them and they are out of neighborhood until you go into manange family and move them into house again
  • Options
    Hellbiter88Hellbiter88 Posts: 916 Member
    Bamajam wrote: »
    move a household out and you have to move them to new house. evict them and they are out of neighborhood until you go into manange family and move them into house again

i love your profile pic
    Welcome to the forums!
    hD8C13932
  • Options
    triplexlambtriplexlamb Posts: 152 Member
    > @Bamajam said:
    > move a household out and you have to move them to new house. evict them and they are out of neighborhood until you go into manange family and move them into house again

oh ok thanks! another question if I evict them do they still keep their friends?
    xy2ja.gif
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    > @Bamajam said:<br />
    > move a household out and you have to move them to new house. evict them and they are out of neighborhood until you go into manange family and move them into house again<br />
    <br />
    oh ok thanks! another question if I evict them do they still keep their friends?

yes, as long as you don't delete them from the "household management"

• Options
    TattycakesTattycakes Posts: 20 Member
    I have also found that if you "move out" a household, you have to either keep or sell their furniture, both of which will leave their old house empty. If you "evict" them then the old house remains as they left it, and you can then pick up the family from the household management menu and move them into their new house.
  • Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    Yes evict is great since you don’t have to buy and redecorate the entire house/apartment when you move a new family in.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited July 2018
    @Tattycakes If you sell the furniture, it stays in the house. The house won't be left empty.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yeah, Sell Furniture sounds like it would leave the house empty, but it doesn't. I've seen a lot of folks playing on YT that have that misconception. Every item stays on the lot, unless you take it with you in your Household Inventory. Selling the furniture gives you the money if it's your household that's moving, too. If you Keep Furniture, it all goes into the Inventory, every, single, thing, and it's a pain to sell from there. Plus it counts in the lot value, adds to the bills, and can increase loading times. If you want to use the house again, you will have to completely refurnish it. It will not have so much as a toilet paper roll. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    @Tattycakes If you sell the furniture, it stays in the house. The house won't be left empty.

Did they fix this at some point. I recall being very upset when I evicted Sims from the lot I wanted my Sims to move into, and even the plumbing was gone! :open_mouth: Talk about vindictive renters. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    GoldilockstrbGoldilockstrb Posts: 2 New Member
    I evicted a family and they lost all family connections to grown children who had moved out. Sad.