Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Slow the music down please on fast mode. It's really irritating

I am somewhat enjoying Sims 4 even with its lack of content and misgivings. It has brought a lot of new ideas to the game albeit it also removed even more!.

One thing that is driving me crazy and will more than likely make me stop playing is the way the music speeds up with the speed controller. I use the speed up control when my sims are practicing instruments and even when they are really good the music just sounds like someone hitting a guitar/piano/violin with a hammer when sped up.

The radio/stereo is no better either. There should be an option for "don't speed up music" and a check box. Why on earth did they add music only for it to be totally ruined when you try to advance the game a bit quicker. I don't want to play the game 100% on normal so this really is an issue for me.

Comments

• Options
    BanzureBanzure Posts: 80 Member
    Yes please.
  • Options
    dimp10dimp10 Posts: 148 Member
    I totally agree.

It wasn't like this in any other Sim game. No matter how fast the game was running, the music played at the normal speed. I typically play on the 'Fast' speed (#2). When I do now, all the songs playing on the radio sound like they're being sung by the Chimpunks! I ended up turning the 'Object Music' slider down to 0% because I just can't stand it.
    Nox.
    tumblr_m7q3sarQX11rxf32jo2_500.gif
    Nox.
  • Options
    VanHelsin37VanHelsin37 Posts: 6 New Member
    I absolutely agree that the fast forwarding of music ruins the atmosphere of the game, I really enjoy the soundtrack and radio music its such a waste that I don't turn it on because of the fast forwarding.
  • Options
    KaiotyKaioty Posts: 3 New Member
    I made an account just to say YES to this!... also it would be nice to have the option to allow the music to be global so I don't have to have my cam right next to the speaker.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    I can understand why you might not like that on some music, but personaly? I enjoy some songs more when they are sped up, but I guess I mostly listen to the music in game that is instrumental like electronica.
  • Options
    AzzA85AzzA85 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Balefire said:
    > I am somewhat enjoying Sims 4 even with its lack of content and misgivings. It has brought a lot of new ideas to the game albeit it also removed even more!.
    >
    > One thing that is driving me crazy and will more than likely make me stop playing is the way the music speeds up with the speed controller. I use the speed up control when my sims are practicing instruments and even when they are really good the music just sounds like someone hitting a guitar/piano/violin with a hammer when sped up.
    >
    > The radio/stereo is no better either. There should be an option for "don't speed up music" and a check box. Why on earth did they add music only for it to be totally ruined when you try to advance the game a bit quicker. I don't want to play the game 100% on normal so this really is an issue for me.

I totally agree the music is the one thing that stopped the game from being boring while my sims were sleeping or reading i could listen to the music while i waited for them to wake up
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Audio/Music Ultra-speed Fix: http://modthesims.info/d/540178
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You can fix this with a cheat that got added around December, matchspeedstereo on/off. I'm not sure which setting you want but it shouldn't take long to try them both.
  • Options
    SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited September 2015
    I agree, it's annoying. I'll try the cheat.
  • Options
    IMElizabethIMElizabeth Posts: 40 Member
    I actually never noticed this before until you pointed it out today, and now when I play, it's totally driving me nuts. Everything does sound like chipmunks and I don't remember any other game having this issue, but it's been ages since I played either TS3 or TS2.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    dimp10 wrote: »
    I totally agree.

It wasn't like this in any other Sim game. No matter how fast the game was running, the music played at the normal speed. I typically play on the 'Fast' speed (#2). When I do now, all the songs playing on the radio sound like they're being sung by the Chimpunks! I ended up turning the 'Object Music' slider down to 0% because I just can't stand it.

Yes it was. In TS2 music would speed up too in fast mode.

There is a cheat to make it normal in all speeds. I'm almost 100% sure.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1