Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are You Working On?

Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
Let's share pics of our projects as we tackle them.

I'm not much of a Southern Victorian builder, but since Willow Creek is a Louisiana styled world, I thought I should try to blend. So I have a few grand homes in the works before I tackle the smaller shack types. The problem is that there is not enough lots to build on. I have to start knocking down the pre-builts so I can make room. I hope they start releasing more worlds soon.

This is the exterior of my next house. I'm building it for the son of the family I'm currently playing. He'll be moving there (as soon as he strikes it rich lol).
09-05-14_1-41nbspPM_zps93a44f79.png

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member
    Your WIP looks very nice! :) Very nice exterior of it! The tower looks great! The porch looks very nice! It looks great how you have done the windows! I hope you enjoy working on your build and will look forward to seeing the finished home. :)
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    Beautiful home you got there :) I agree more lots, bigger world to expand our creativity please!

I can't post images (yet)... not sure when the site will allow me, but here are my recent builds that got me staying up later at night than I'd like :D My gallery is in my siggy since I can't post links :'(

The blue ranch was my first, had fun learning the build mode ropes and using the games pre-made set rooms. The bachelor pad was all me, had so much fun except the mid roofing I had to deal with. Any time I put a railing/fencing near a mid roof wall on the second floor, the roofs start crashing in! Making a new boxed room didn't help neither nor did sledgehammering the roof and rebuilding, vise versa. Had to put railings away from the roofed wall. Boo! The limitations can get annoying, but I do like the ease of building a home, less complicated and such a stress reliever :)
  • Options
    VerionaVeriona Posts: 505 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for the link, I'm so used to the TS3 forums! You always helping me, really appreciate it ❤
  • Options
    Thanks guys. @Veriona, you now have 54 points so hopefully you can start posting pics, too. Can't wait to see them.

I started building a smaller house because, let's face it. My newly aged teen can't afford the upper echelons of the "Goth" district. LOL

I present the Upper Bargain Bend: Not exactly a starter costing just around $30K, but there is lots of room for expansion. It's in the Gallery, search for Upper Bargain Bend, MstyBL95, or #SIMpleRealty.

09-05-14_5-36nbspPM-10_zps97d7af34.png

09-05-14_5-40nbspPM_zps6f355603.png

09-05-14_5-39nbspPM-2_zps9c00cfa0.png

09-05-14_5-39nbspPM-3_zps868426c9.png

09-05-14_5-39nbspPM_zps43c35332.png

09-05-14_5-40nbspPM-2_zps0222022f.png

09-05-14_5-40nbspPM-3_zpsca2176f7.png

09-05-14_5-41nbspPM_zps7624ca45.png
  • Options
    Upper Bargain Bend is very nice! @Mstybl95 :) It looks nice how you have done the flowers at the front edges of the home. The wall lights either side of the front door are welcoming for sims to come home to at night. Great backyard area.Sims will enjoy sitting outdoors under the shade of the umbrella enjoying the outdoors air. Nice layout of the interior of the home. Great corner living room area for sims to enjoy sitting watching tv. The floral picture on the fireplace wall is nice for sims to see when sitting dining at the table.
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    Thank you, rosemow. I always appreciate your detailed critiques.
  • Options
    SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    I love Victorian houses. I really do hope they add octagonal and conical roofs fast. Our Victorian builds need it!
  • Options
    I completely agree with that! It's one of those things where there are so many details in build mode that I was kind of scratching my head as to why they wouldn't include those roof type, especially when they were building Victorians. LOL
  • Options
    cbrock7cbrock7 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Very pretty house!
  • Options
    KimReikoKimReiko Posts: 35 Member
    Great house!!
    KIM_REIKO PSN | KIM_REIKO TWITCH | iKIMBERLY GALLERY

• Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    edited September 2014
    Omg, the Upper Bargain Bend is precious. As much as I love the mansion, the small house is just so perfect for such a low-cost house! I live in Louisiana and I can tell you that the little Bargain house would fit perfectly right into parts of the Garden District of Baton Rouge or Spanish Town. There are some cute old cottages in that part of town. Love both of these. :)

ETA: Forgot to say what I was working on, lol. I was inspired by seeing people use resized toy cars to add a touch of realism to lots, so I started working on a garage to put them in. One car is in the driveway so that there's room for a woodworking bench in the garage, because every one does that, right -- park in the driveway so that your junk will fit in the garage? :D

31154_original.jpg
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    I built myself a trailer! It's a right proper double wide and I love it, lol. I thought a trailer fit in perfectly with that giant observatory. I can pretend my own version of Rosewell. I didn't take any screens since I don't plan on sharing it.

I love the houses you've built. I've downloaded them.

@ahholladay - you don't say? Funny, most of my houses are Acadians or Shotgun styles. I also tend to build a ton of Antebellum inspired homes. Will have to check you out in the gallery.
  • Options
    @LokiSimsies, it's kind of funny, I don't have any Louisiana-style sim architecture myself even though I do love southern style architecture. Right now, the only lot I have in the gallery is sort of southwestern style. After so many years in Louisiana's humidity, I dream of moving to drier climates, I guess! :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    LokiSimsiesLokiSimsies Posts: 1,912 Member
    @ahhollady - LOL I left when I turned 18 and never looked back. Got sick of the 100% humidity days but I'm still forced to visit every holiday season or my mama will disown me.

I found a really good design site for the types of homes you would find there. http://www.vhdesign.com/sales.htm
  • Options
    It is a great idea to enlarge a car and then put it in a garage and on the driveway @ahholladay ! :) Your home looks very nice! Very nice roofing! The texture of the exterior looks great!
  • Options
    BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    Currently working on a contemporary modern house someone requested to be built. I finally finished the lay out and am currently working on adding landscaping. So far it has been a really fun build, but incredibly frustrating. At the very least, it has given me the chance to figure out how to do certain things with the new build mode.

Front View
    0YVzuzT.png

Angled Front ViewTo include "garages"
    0DIWfHq.png

Back of Garages and View of Atrium and Side of House.
    50kdkoK.png

Back View: Multilevel porch Terraces/ pool "fountain"
    FVKhVpU.png

Angled Back View/Atrium Side of House
    kgxY2Km.png

I've put in about a day into this monstrosity already and am unsure how I feel about it. Oh well, press onward.
  • Options
    @ahhollady - LOL I left when I turned 18 and never looked back. Got sick of the 100% humidity days but I'm still forced to visit every holiday season or my mama will disown me.

I found a really good design site for the types of homes you would find there. http://www.vhdesign.com/sales.htm

The humidity, right? I lived in Pennsylvania for a few years. I refer to them, fondly, as my 'good hair' years. :D One day I'm going to move again and if I don't go to the southwest, I'll head to the northeast. Ohhh, maybe my next build will be a Cape Cod style home!

@rosemow, thanks so much! I wanted the exterior to be cedar shake shingles but we don't have those in game yet. I bet they'll be showing up before long in an expansion pack, though. So instead I put the shake shingles on the roof and wood siding. It wasn't what I'd planned, but I kind of like it. :)

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    Oooh! These are so awesome!

@ahholladay - I love the way you did the garage. And I love the idea with the toy cars! The pitch of the roof on the front gives the house character.

@BlackRoseBronwen - I am terrible at modern southwesterns. You nailed it. I fits right in and looks great. I love the grand entrance and the "pool" in the back. Your use of the windows...wow. So creative!
  • Options
    Currently working on a contemporary modern house someone requested to be built. I finally finished the lay out and am currently working on adding landscaping. So far it has been a really fun build, but incredibly frustrating. At the very least, it has given me the chance to figure out how to do certain things with the new build mode.

Wow, very cool! And it looks like it was very complicated to build, so I can see where it was a great learning experience. I think it works beautifully as a southwestern-style mansion. It also reminds me of a school, like a community college or something, for some reason. It would be an awesome commercial lot, like a library, tweaked to look like a school with lots of computer desks, bookshelves, etc. It definitely looks great in Oasis Springs!

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    BlackRoseBronwenBlackRoseBronwen Posts: 471 Member
    Thank you all. I'm glad you like it. Personally I keep seeing a ton of flaws but I guess that chalks up to the whole "I am my own worst critic".

@ahholladay It really would make a great library/school. There is a huge open living/kitchen area(at least as soon as I get inside to fill the house) which could easily hold plenty of bookcases and seating. There is also a huge area on the lowest floor that is being unused at the currant time so additional rooms can be added in. I kinda wanna do something with that area but I'm building it according to a floor plan, or at least as accurately as possible.

I'll be uploading it to the gallery as soon as I'm done with it, so if anyone wants it keep an eye out.