Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expansion Pack ideas for The Sims 4!

Hi everyone,

I'm so on this expansion pack thing right now that it's a little ridiculous. I love my base game, but I'm so excited about what we'll get with these emotions and styles of interaction in future EPs that it's making me a little giddy. I thought I'd start a thread for other folks who are also really (really) looking forward to the first EP and can't wait to see what'll be in it.

So what do you guys think the first EP will be? And how do you think it'll incorporate the new emotion/interaction systems? (I mean this thread to hopefully get spotted by the gurus so you never know! Post your ideas!)

I'd really like to see the first EP be a 'Family Values' type of thing, with new interactions for parents/babies, the introduction of the toddler life stage, and - something I did actually like from TS3 although I never got to play with it - imaginary friends! I'd also like there to be a supernatural included, so maybe a Plantsim or a Fairy? (I'm trying to think of something that goes with the 'family' theme for the pack).

New clothes could include a set that babies can wear, stuff for toddlers, and more kids clothes/toys options, and new interactions could be 'ask to watch kids' for adult/young adult sims who are friends :)

New careers could maybe be Babysitter (so you can hire one from the set of sims who have that career track) for teens, and Nanny for adults, and you should have the option to throw a baby shower added to the party menu (I'm getting really excited about this - LOL)

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    SikukeSikuke Posts: 96 Member
    Well I would like to have something like was The Sims 3 Generations as the first expansion pack. As seeing so strong and nice emotions in the Sims 4 the additional into families would be adorable. However they should add family tree and story progression with that back as well. I'm not a fan of toddlers but why not to add them with this expansion pack as well, since so many simmers want them back. If not that then The Sims 4 Seasons or The Sims 4 Pets. :)
  • Options
    CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    I think we'll get another University type... I can see sims being stressed about classes or a big test coming up (especially if they haven't studied).. or being confident if they have been studying and know they will get a good grade.. They could be sad if they fail, and maybe have a new emotion when they ace a class or graduate with honors..

I don't want it to last forever like in TS2 or TS3 though.. It just seemed to take way too long in both of those..

And Btw.. I do like your idea for the Family EP.. I kindof want toddlers back, but only if they give them great stuff to do.. They should throw tantrums when they are angry, and make messes, and spash in puddles... stuff like that... :-)
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Options
    krystle0385krystle0385 Posts: 563 Member
    I really want University or Vacation. These were ALWAYS my two favorite sorts of EPs, because I love that my Sims can get more education or take a break from the real world.

Unfortunately (for me, and not really too unfortunate), I think the first pack will be what you suspect. Something similar to TS3's Generations, where they add toddlers in and activities for families to engage in. I like your idea of a babysitter career for teens, they definitely need more options!! And I want more teen only things in the game anyway, maybe a return of teen parties?
  • Options
    SiladriaSiladria Posts: 33 Member
    > @CristalBlueRoses said:
    > I think we'll get another University type... I can see sims being stressed about classes or a big test coming up (especially if they haven't studied).. or being confident if they have been studying and know they will get a good grade.. They could be sad if they fail, and maybe have a new emotion when they ace a class or graduate with honors..
    >
    > I don't want it to last forever like in TS2 or TS3 though.. It just seemed to take way too long in both of those..
    >
    >
    > And Btw.. I do like your idea for the Family EP.. I kindof want toddlers back, but only if they give them great stuff to do.. They should throw tantrums when they are angry, and make messes, and spash in puddles... stuff like that...

I really like the idea of that! I can see angry toddlers in TS4 being achingly adorable :D I really would enjoy a Uni EP as well - I've been really enjoying playing Uni for my TS2 families, and I don't mind how long it lasts (I tend to make them do all kinds of things instead of earning the skill points, so they usually end up scrambling a few hours before the finals). There are so many options!

> @krystle0385 said:
    > I really want University or Vacation. These were ALWAYS my two favorite sorts of EPs, because I love that my Sims can get more education or take a break from the real world.
    >
    > Unfortunately (for me, and not really too unfortunate), I think the first pack will be what you suspect. Something similar to TS3's Generations, where they add toddlers in and activities for families to engage in. I like your idea of a babysitter career for teens, they definitely need more options!! And I want more teen only things in the game anyway, maybe a return of teen parties?

Yes! Teen parties would be so cool- especially if we have the option to throw a 'secret party' or something when both parents have left the lot (I'd love to see the sneak out and run away interactions brought back as well!)

More teen stuff (like a different set of clothes just for teens so we can tell them apart more easily...) would be really cool to have as well
  • Options
    BeccaB323BeccaB323 Posts: 13 New Member
    I want a build EP. To add pools, driveways, basements... More levels to build on houses. Maybe a bigger world? I was really bummed how little space they give you. I spend about 90% of the time I play Sims is building. I was so excited about the new options they showed in trailers an such then saw how little you can actually build... I was really disappointed :(
  • Options
    CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    So what about Pre-teens.

I think they would be a great addition. Probably added if they do that family type pack..
    Maybe this would be a time that they transition some of those "kid" skills to "adult" skills.. (because I haven't seen yet that the kid skills make any difference when they age up..)
    They could focus this time more on relationships with other kids/preteens.. and maybe want more reassurance from parents, but at the same time be wanting to "grow up"...
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Options
    > @Cynel1 said:
    > So what about Pre-teens.

Good point - pre teens would be pretty cute, and it would make more sense (especially as the introduction of a new life stage would really be cool!) what sort of special interactions do you think they'd have? I guess it'd have to be something quite different to what kids have so that it stands out, but they could make them able to go out alone like teens do, but have a curfew maybe? It's worth thinking about!

I also kind of wish they'd throw field trips into an EP somewhere LOL
  • Options
    ASimsFanatic2014ASimsFanatic2014 Posts: 331 Member
    I'm hoping Night Life again because of the lack of community lots already as well as houses, I'm hoping for University again, but for the first EP I'm hoping something similar to Generations so they can add toddlers and pools because pools can be part of the EP. and maybe cars.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    EVERYTHING!!!!!!!! <3:)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Siladria wrote: »
    > @Cynel1 said:<br />
    > So what about Pre-teens.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Good point - pre teens would be pretty cute, and it would make more sense (especially as the introduction of a new life stage would really be cool!) what sort of special interactions do you think they'd have? I guess it'd have to be something quite different to what kids have so that it stands out, but they could make them able to go out alone like teens do, but have a curfew maybe? It's worth thinking about! <br />
    <br />
    I also kind of wish they'd throw field trips into an EP somewhere LOL

Well a Pre-teen idea i though of was Them having responsibilities like Cooking on the oven.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I can see a Generations EP happening first. But I can also imagine it merging with either University or Pets (maybe both depending on how big they make it. For a University they'll probably add a community college in each town, since the worlds have seems now, it should be easier to manage at-least. They could make a full family EP, adding pets, toddlers and maybe preteens.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Dreamie209 wrote: »
    I can see a Generations EP happening first. But I can also imagine it merging with either University or Pets (maybe both depending on how big they make it. For a University they'll probably add a community college in each town, since the worlds have seems now, it should be easier to manage at-least. They could make a full family EP, adding pets, toddlers and maybe preteens.

No Pets must be separate.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    Monster trucks.
  • Options
    AshcarrAshcarr Posts: 383 Member
    Copy and pasted from another thread I posted this in.

I want to see more alternative lifestyle kind of expansions come out. I suggested an Island Paradise style expansion back when World Adventures came out and it eventually made it's way in so now I'll put my brainstorming skills to the test again.

This time I'm thinking something along the lines of a mountain/cold climate life. It would introduce:
    Skiing
    Snowboarding
    Foresty career (splits into logger and ranger)
    Camping
    Rock/mountain climbing
    Yeti life state
    Lodges
    Sled dog races
    Observatories
    Ice fishing

Traits are undecided as of now, but feel free to add to this!
  • Options
    > @Cynel1 said:
    > Siladria wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well a Pre-teen idea i though of was Them having responsibilities like Cooking on the oven.

They could do chores!! (maybe even assignable chores... that would be fun :wink: )

I> @Ashcarr said:
    > Copy and pasted from another thread I posted this in.
    >
    > I want to see more alternative lifestyle kind of expansions come out. I suggested an Island Paradise style expansion back when World Adventures came out and it eventually made it's way in so now I'll put my brainstorming skills to the test again.
    >
    > This time I'm thinking something along the lines of a mountain/cold climate life. It would introduce:
    > Skiing
    > Snowboarding
    > Foresty career (splits into logger and ranger)
    > Camping
    > Rock/mountain climbing
    > Yeti life state
    > Lodges
    > Sled dog races
    > Observatories
    > Ice fishing
    >
    > Traits are undecided as of now, but feel free to add to this!

YES!!! That would be amazing - I could see that working really well with the 'loves outdoors' traits and the nature aspiration! I'd also love to see my sims ski a la SSX3 LOL!
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm hoping for:

An OFB type thing so we can run businesses and have places to shop

Nightlife type to add restaurants for dining and clubs with permanent bartenders, baristas, etc.

Vacation type to go on, well actual vacations and have the ability to buy a vacation home with many different places to go: Denali Park in Alaska, Venice, Rome, Paris, London, Tokyo, NYC. They'd be small versions of each place, of course, but there would be things to do in each.

Seasons for the variety and new activities like the festivals, maybe with amusement parks in the summer

Career type to add in the more traditional careers: Medicine, Business, Athletics. It could give us new venues-hospital, stadium, etc.

Celebrity type without the celebrity system, but a chance for Sims to become famous musicians, actors and other entertainers with venues to visit-movie theaters, live theaters and concert places.

University type with Sims2 and 3 combined. Sims 2 because of the changing schedule each term and the sheer silliness of the descriptions of the classes. Also the mascot rivalries, dorms with cafeteria cooks, and the fact that a degree took all 8 semesters. Sims 3 for the coffee houses and the breaks between terms. Maybe a community/vocational school could be added for Sims who want to live at home and spend less time in college for things like culinary, auto mechanic, plumbers, etc.

• Options
    @katnap

- I definitely agree! OFB literally made my game in TS2 - it's one of the best EPs in terms of sheer additional game play! I really like the idea of celebrities as well - I think that'd be a great system to create, especially as sims can hire Entertainers and suchlike. I think there'll definitely be new careers added in with each EP, that's how it was 2 and 3, so I feel like that at least won't be different. I'd really like one of those careers to be Archaeology though (I'm thinking about the ability to dig up treasure and time capsules etc... :D )
  • Options
    heres a EP idea i had in mind

Sims 4: campus Days

Send your Sims to College Town a new World added to sims 4 or a Rabbithole community college if you Don't want to take your Sim to College.
    *social Groups added
    *Lectures from Sims 3 University life Return.
    * frat houses and sorority houses return from sims 2 university
    * Can take some Friends to College with them.
    * Ep bonuses
    If Sims 4: seasons is installed Weather will affect the College Town.
    If Sims 4: Magic Galore is installed there a major witches and wizards can take at College.
    If sims 4 spaced is installed Space themed majors will be added

Majors include:

Business
    Medical
    Mathematics
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Technology
    Art
    Culinary
    History
    Social

EP Bonus Majors:

Ancient History (If the Sims 4: Travel to the Past is installed)
    Magic (If The Sims 4:Magic Galore is installed)
    Astronomy (If The Sims 4:Spaced is installed)
    Paleontology (If the Sims 4 Travel to the Past is installed)
    Marine Biology (If the Sims 4: Destinations is installed)
  • Options
    CndnMdn68CndnMdn68 Posts: 16 Member
    World Adventures was my fav in Sims3. I love exploring!
  • Options
    LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited September 2014
    Supernatural again but have aliens in the game with it. i just want the alien pregnancy be back in the game :(

plus have univerity again, pets and somewhere with generations
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    Give me Nightlife/Late Night and I'm happy. ._.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    I really really want a seasons xp!
  • Options
    BeccaB323BeccaB323 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @JeanBaby4 said:
    > I really really want a seasons xp!

Me too!!