Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Demon babies aren't random

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    edited September 2014
    What is laptop mode?

Sound like ''console graphics quality''

[[ insert here Glorious PC gaming master race image ]]
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    What is laptop mode?<br />
    <br />
    Sound like ''console graphics quality''<br />
    <br />
    insert here Glorious PC gaming master race image

I'm not sure what exactly it changes, but it runs it in a less intensive way so it's easier on the laptop. I don't notice a difference between the two on my laptop.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    > @Wilderwolf said:
    > I'm not sure what exactly it changes, but it runs it in a less intensive way so it's easier on the laptop. I don't notice a difference between the two on my laptop.

This say EA about laptop mode:

The Sims 4 is automatically set to run at ideal rendering quality. However, we know that some of our players may have older computers, or prefer to play on laptops, which may have lower power graphics hardware. Laptop Mode will put the game into a reduced rendering mode designed to run the game more efficiently for better frame rate and battery life.

in fact, at least around here, I no heard about laptop with graphics card, maybe the gaming specific ones
  • Options
    VitmanVitman Posts: 50 Member
    Good post, there are some very detailed and informative threads about the mutant demon babies in the tech forums, lots of good info there.

Just remember if you do have one of them in your household, the proper thing to do is flusyh it into the sewer so it can live in peace and be forgotten by the rest of the world.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    leo3487 wrote: »
    > @Wilderwolf said:<br />
    > I'm not sure what exactly it changes, but it runs it in a less intensive way so it's easier on the laptop. I don't notice a difference between the two on my laptop.<br />
    <br />
    This say EA about laptop mode:<br />
    <br />
    The Sims 4 is automatically set to run at ideal rendering quality. However, we know that some of our players may have older computers, or prefer to play on laptops, which may have lower power graphics hardware. Laptop Mode will put the game into a reduced rendering mode designed to run the game more efficiently for better frame rate and battery life.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    in fact, at least around here, I no heard about laptop with graphics card, maybe the gaming specific ones

My laptop isn't considered a gaming laptop (is there such a thing?) and I have a pretty good graphics card and plenty of ram.
    Vitman wrote: »
    Good post, there are some very detailed and informative threads about the mutant demon babies in the tech forums, lots of good info there.

Just remember if you do have one of them in your household, the proper thing to do is flusyh it into the sewer so it can live in peace and be forgotten by the rest of the world.

@Vitman Demon babies are people too! :( They aren't the monster, you are! hahah

Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    Southernbelle1283Southernbelle1283 Posts: 398 Member
    @Wilderwolf There are gaming laptops. I have one with 2 graphics cards - an integrated Intel HD 4000 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M with 2GB. They do exist and are now very reasonable. I am running Sims 4 on ultra setting (not on laptop mode) and have had normal looking babies and it hasn't crashed at all.
    Signature-Light-2.jpg

Origin ID: simmerdownsouth
    Twitter: @simmerdownsouth
    My Sims 4 Blog/Stories: http://www.simmerdownsouth.com/
    YouTube Channel: SimmerDownSouth
  • Options
    @Wilderwolf There are gaming laptops. I have one with 2 graphics cards - an integrated Intel HD 4000 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 765M with 2GB. They do exist and are now very reasonable. I am running Sims 4 on ultra setting (not on laptop mode) and have had normal looking babies and it hasn't crashed at all.

Hmm I wonder if mine would be considered a gaming laptop then since I'm running it on ultra as well and don't have any frame rate issues, lag, skipping, etc.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    KaelKael Posts: 2,197 Member
    edited September 2014
    To whoever it was that asked what laptop mode effectively does:

Laptop mode seems to help even out framerate. I do have a gaming laptop(a 5 year old one) that I'm running Sims 4 on, it could run with all settings on the highest level but I was experiencing framerate drops so after toying with the settings for a bit and still not getting a decent framerate I checked laptop mode. The framerate has been smooth since.
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    Hey! Sorry if this is silly question, but how do you switch to laptop mode?
  • Options
    fidelis_x0fidelis_x0 Posts: 74 Member
    Thank you for this! Apparently they are working on a patch so I will just wait for that as I have no idea how to check what kind of intel chip I have.