Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW are the UK simmers liking it?

Comments

• Options
    Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    My boyfriend, who has installed and loaded it for me ready for when I get back from work, just texted saying that a message came up: "Disc Read Error. Contact Manufacturer". Nearly had a heart attack. Turns out it was a joke...
  • Options
    rkm282rkm282 Posts: 59 Member
    Cnstnc680 wrote: »
    Ok, my boyfriend texted me to say that he's installed it and the game is now loading. It'll be up and ready for me when I get home to get straight in there. 40 minutes of work left. I'm so excited that it's a bit pathetic.

I love this post! Has made me chuckle and I love that your boyfriend has gotten it all loaded and ready and waiting for you for when you get in B) What a star ;) xxx
    Origin ID: rkm282
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    Cnstnc680 wrote: »
    My boyfriend, who has installed and loaded it for me ready for when I get back from work, just texted saying that a message came up: "Disc Read Error. Contact Manufacturer". Nearly had a heart attack. Turns out it was a joke...

How cruel :o I think he should do some housework and make tea, whilst leaving you in peace to play :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Cnstnc680Cnstnc680 Posts: 529 Member
    It was cruel!! I've been so excited and impatient for the last week - that would have broken me!

He is a star though, even went to get it in the shop for me. Might get him a bag of Maltesers as a treat... :smile:
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I played until 3am last night. The camera controls are going to take some getting used to! And I'm all confused as to where all the buttons are as they've moved.
    It's nice that the sims have more time to do things, and the animations are fab.

One thing that annoyed me though, I can't seem to delete floor tiles (so there is nothing there) I actually found build mode real hard :( it annoyed me!
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    CassAngelCassAngel Posts: 307 Member
    I LOVE IT. I honestly do, i am having problems with objects having jaggedy edges though? Can anyone help?
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I've not even gotten out of build mode yet. This is what I have so far...

ts4sc1_zpsdcff7378.png

Build mode is SO much fun. It feels a bit clunkier to start with because I'm so used to TS3 way of doing things but the options and the small details which are available are just brilliant.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member
    simlish1 wrote: »
    I played until 3am last night. The camera controls are going to take some getting used to! And I'm all confused as to where all the buttons are as they've moved.

You can change the camera using the Game options , switch to The Sims 3 camera, and I think you can just hit Ctrl+Shift+Tab, but I'm not really sure about that one lol
  • Options
    DoenuttyDoenutty Posts: 16 New Member
    *twiddles thumbs waiting for delivery to arrive at work* then straight home at half four to play:-)
  • Options
    OboboliOboboli Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2014
    I hope that people who haven't played yet have been reading through the forum threads enough to realize the best of Sims 4 isn't readily apparent as you begin playing. Only after playing several hours or days will you begin to more fully appreciate and enjoy the newer Sims 4 features as your Sims progress in their lives. It's very easy to assume nothing much is new in Sims 4 if you play only a handful of hours which is why there was such a wave of discontent in the early going after release in the US. I can attest that after 41 hours (not bragging, I simply have no life :\) Sims4 is the best Sims version ever, so many surprises and enhancements that only can be experienced by settling into the game in earnest and enjoying the ride. I have lost all reasonable sleep scheduling in my life and I am loving every waking minute of it...Have fun!
    Sims4House090514.JPG
  • Options
    HouseLannister23HouseLannister23 Posts: 68 Member
    Oboboli wrote: »
    I hope that people who haven't played yet have been reading through the forum threads enough to realize the best of Sims 4 isn't readily apparent as you begin playing. Only after playing several hours or days will you begin to more fully appreciate and enjoy the newer Sims 4 features as your Sims progress in their lives. It's very easy to assume nothing much is new in Sims 4 if you play only a handful of hours which is why there was such a wave of discontent in the early going after release in the US. I can attest that after 41 hours (not bragging, I simply have no life :\) Sims4 is the best Sims version ever, so many surprises and enhancements that only can be experienced by settling into the game in earnest and enjoying the ride. I have lost all reasonable sleep scheduling in my life and I am loving every waking minute of it...Have fun!
    Sims4House090514.JPG

Shhhh, don't say that. The haters will fillet you alive!
  • Options

Eeally, was there any need to call those who dislike the game haters? :\

kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    AcidfairyyyAcidfairyyy Posts: 45 Member
    edited September 2014
    HOOKED, I tells ya. HOOKED.

Disclaimer: I managed to play the game early through technical know how. I've had three evenings of gaming so far. (I paid for it and I don't believe in waiting!)

It suits my play style so much more than TS3. I grew up with The Sims, played TS1 when I was 11/12, and upgraded when each new iteration came out. TS3 was such a disappointment to me - the charm that was so integral to the first two games was missing. Yes, it was pretty, but my top tier Macbook Pro with dedicated graphics struggled to play it, even in Bootcamp. I'm a rotational player, and story progression irritated me, so I ended up just keeping each family to one save game, which really just spoilt the entire point of the open world, which I barely used anyway. The game frustrated me, and I would never end up playing a family past their second generation because it all felt like such a chore.

With TS4, it feels like the game has gone back to its roots. It runs so sweetly it purrs, and the charm is back. The humour is back! I've heard some people complain about the lack of 'realistic careers', but I don't play games to be like real life, I play them to be entertained. and who DOESN'T want their simself to become a Secret Agent?!

Despite the omissions, which aren't currently bothering me (god did I hate toddlers), it feels like the community were actually listened to this time round. We bemoaned the lack of charm, the lack of social interactions, the lack of quirkiness, and they've listened.

This game won't be for everybody. I think those who preferred TS2 over TS3 will be the biggest fans. If you loved the open world and have a top-end gaming rig, then stick with TS3.

What disappoints me in this community is the attacking nature of some members - people have different tastes, what's the problem with that? I disliked TS3 but you didn't see me on forums throwing insults around about EA and anybody who liked the game.

tl;dr; Game is awesome, charm has been brought back.

ETA: I completely agree with Oboboli. You discover more as you play more.
  • Options
    Stuart92Stuart92 Posts: 44 Member
    edited September 2014
    Hmm. It's okay...I need more time to see if it grows on me.

I like the multitasking...I'm not sure about the graphics...
  • Options
    RadprofileRadprofile Posts: 161 Member
    Oboboli wrote: »
    Sims4House090514.JPG

Or turn him/her into lamb chops....

• Options
    edited September 2014
    HOOKED, I tells ya. HOOKED.<br />
    <br />
    Disclaimer: I managed to play the game early through technical know how. I've had three evenings of gaming so far. (I paid for it and I don't believe in waiting!)<br />
    <br />
    It suits my play style so much more than TS3. I grew up with The Sims, played TS1 when I was 11/12, and upgraded when each new iteration came out. TS3 was such a disappointment to me - the charm that was so integral to the first two games was missing. Yes, it was pretty, but my top tier Macbook Pro with dedicated graphics struggled to play it, even in Bootcamp.

Edit - This poster is a numpty who should learn to read (cough) bootcamp (cough)

:D
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    leelee77leelee77 Posts: 340 Member
    edited September 2014
    I've been playing for a couple hours, I like it so far. Yes it's sad that there's no open world anymore but it is running nice and when you put it on ultra it is fast. I like how she goes to work and it speeds right up and she's back in no time. Obviously I have still a lot more to discover but I like how you can unlock build content, etc and that bills are more realistic. I don't really miss toddlers yet as my sim is still single, though sometimes on TS3 I found it a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 having to potty train them and teach them to walk and talk. :D

You have to play these new games with an open mind as it's a different game, not an extension to TS3.

I will still go back and play TS3 and I will continue to play this, just like my fiancé goes and plays older versions of say Fable or Assasins Creed as well as the most current ones.

Oh and I love multitasking, chatting in groups and he different options when cooking meals. Oh and how when your comedy skills ups you can tell different jokes.
  • Options
    young_modernyoung_modern Posts: 22 Member
    I'm sat at work and all I have is this forum at the moment. Played for 15 minutes before work this morning. Mostly CAS but I really liked it.
  • Options
    Kerem93Kerem93 Posts: 149 Member
    I absolutely love it! I have been playing for a couple hours now. I am still trying to get use to the controls etc, but I know that it is a fun game.
    Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.

-Theodore Roosevelt

• Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I won't be able to play it to sunday, have to leave for a wedding in a few mins
  • Options
    HattyLouHattyLou Posts: 430 Member
    Literally played for about 20 minutes on my break at work so haven't got very far, just mainly had the Sim I made chat to the first person that strolled past her lot (which was Mortimer Goth!) and I have to say I love love love my Sim, her facial expressions, her little interactions, she exudes personality and I love it!

I never felt a connection with any of my TS3 sims, I quickly lost interest with them and moved on to another but I have immediately warmed to this lovely quirky Sim I have created. It already feels in this sense more like The Sims 2 which has always been my favourite and the one that captured my interest the most. It seems so far like a very sweet, personality filled game.
  • Options
    OboboliOboboli Posts: 22 Member
    edited September 2014
    HOOKED, I tells ya. HOOKED
    ....With TS4, it feels like the game has gone back to its roots. It runs so sweetly it purrs, and the charm is back. The humour is back! I've heard some people complain about the lack of 'realistic careers', but I don't play games to be like real life, I play them to be entertained. and who DOESN'T want their simself to become a Secret Agent?!

THIS is exactly what I felt too, they returned to and retained the best of the Sims formula, focusing on the core magic and fundamentals that captured us way back then...Sims 4 has that Sims 1 magic but FINALLY it feels "state of the art" in sophistication, depth that more meaningfully utilizes the power of todays PCs, all melded together with amazing "fit and finish" quality at every level, sound, music (especially Sims as they progress in talent), graphics, Sim to Sim interactions, Sim to Object interactions, neighborhood places, etc. THIS is what I always yearned for as I played each and every version, until now :)

Time for sleep, night, Have fun! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    AmyLaura19AmyLaura19 Posts: 66 Member
    I have played about 5 hours and really liking it so far.
  • Options
    AralyneAralyne Posts: 64 Member
    I started playing it last night as soon as it turned midnight. So far, so good for me. No bugs to speak of that I wasn't already aware of to begin with, and considering how much I've been lurking on this website, I already knew some tips/tricks to use lol. I just finally got done with creating my own house in build mode and furnishing the crap out of it with a ton of lights. Currently playing live mode with my family of four and I'm loving the multitasking interactions between my sims.

Question though, is there no way to assign beds to sims in this game? Or is it just me missing something........
  • Options
    Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    HattyLou wrote: »
    Literally played for about 20 minutes on my break at work so haven't got very far, just mainly had the Sim I made chat to the first person that strolled past her lot (which was Mortimer Goth!) and I have to say I love love love my Sim, her facial expressions, her little interactions, she exudes personality and I love it!

I never felt a connection with any of my TS3 sims, I quickly lost interest with them and moved on to another but I have immediately warmed to this lovely quirky Sim I have created. It already feels in this sense more like The Sims 2 which has always been my favourite and the one that captured my interest the most. It seems so far like a very sweet, personality filled game.

I haven't played yet, but even playing the CAS demo, I absolutely adore the Sims I've created. I know what you mean, I've never felt a connection at all with any of my previous Sims. But I love these guys! Can't wait to get them in-game.... *sigh*
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg