Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninstalling Single EPs

I know this has likely been answered before, but I can't find any threads on it. Is it possible to uninstall single EPs without corrupting or otherwise destroying existing saves or doing a complete uninstall of all of the EPs and base game? I've just got some EPs that I'm dissatisfied with and want to uninstall them. Thanks!
Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley

Comments

• Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    If your on a PC, you can uninstall them thru the control panel under uninstall programs.
  • Options
    Trufan1Trufan1 Posts: 4,425 Member
    ^what she said

Content used from those EPs will either disappear or be replaced in your game. Example: If you used a bed from the pack, when it's uninstalled, a bed from the base game will take it's place. Your existing saves should be fine.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    yea :) but also create a new sims 3 doc folder - some saves and stuff shouldn't work with a missing EP. also run a ccleaner to remove leftover files

Cleaning up the Registry
    Download the free version of this registry cleaner program,
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• install it, following the on-screen instructions.
    • Launch the program after installation has completed.
    • Click the Registry tab, and click the Scan for Issues button.
    • When scanning has completed, click the Fix Selected Issues... button.
    • When you're prompted to backup, click Yes, accept the default name and location
    • Click Fix All Selected Issues

Taken from http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
  • Options
    MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    Thanks everyone. Ceejay402, I was afraid of that. I don't want to ruin any of my save games, so we'll see if there's a way to salvage them or if I'll have to start new games with the uninstall of the EP.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley