Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not so thrilled with game play

As the title says, I am not so thrilled with this game. It has good points, I like the art style, I also like the ease in making sims. I do not like the build materials, I can't put a roof on a house to save my life, so I have to use the ones that EA made in the world as I do not know how to get the other houses from the gallery into my game. I also do not know how to get my sims from the demo into my game. I like that my sims needs fill up quickly. But I do not know how to send him to venues to meet anyone. I can only get him to jog, where he meets someone. This game has a learning curve as I do not see any places to hit to send the sim to anything!

Comments

• Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    You click your phone to travel places :)
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Even to venues?
  • Options
    How do I get my sims from the demo into my game?
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    putting a roof on is easy. search for a video of building a house.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    You can pan out all the way, and a icon will appear on the screen that when clicking on it will let your sim travel. At least that is how I remeber it!! LOL
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    Moving them from the gallery to the tray.
  • Options
    pepperw1 wrote: »
    Moving them from the gallery to the tray.

How?
  • Options
    brittanyleahbrittanyleah Posts: 1,919 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Even to venues?

Yes. You click the travel option or travel with if you want to bring another sim or many sims with you
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It took me a while to get a roof up. Choose your style and roof material, then click on the top of your house where the roof will go. You should get a single piece with 4 arrows and 1 on top. Pull on the arrows to make your roof cover the top of the house. The top arrow you can use to raise or lower the pitch. Once you put the roof on, you'll get 4 white dots in the center. Pull up on the dots and you get a dome; push down and you get a pagoda style.

As someone else said, you use your phone to go to community lots, or other houses. Click on it, and you get map view, then choose where you want to go.
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    personal Opinion- The sims 4 is not the same as sims 3, it might feel a bit content lacking to some if you have been spoiled with the sims 3 and all of its expansions and stuff packs ;P, but if you just uninstall everything and play only the base game of sims 3 then see if it is so different content wise.... I also understand there are things that take some understanding and learning.... but it rolls in pretty quickly.
    -opinion ends-

I personally found the roofing easier, sure there is no auto roofing, but you can at least see the edges and have curved roofs on anything you want now, if you have ever played spore before the roofing and house building is very very similar to that of spores create a creature... just pull arrows in various directions till you like it.

you do use your phone to travel anywhere, i was a bit scared of this at first because I thought it would prompt me to move or something, but no, you just get the town map and it simply lets u select where you would like to visit, and you can literally visit ANYWHERE even the other town xD... and not worry about loosing anything.

The art style of the game appeals to me greatly because I am friends with an artist who makes 3d models with the same type of art style, I really love it, it makes everything feel so clean and my computer likes it too.

also I did it on a whim to get my demo sims into the actual cas of the game... but it is possible it was something really silly too... You just open the gallery up on your upper right corner in CAS and then you click your user name and you can get the sims in from there. :3
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    My Library contains all of your saved households, including any downloaded from the Gallery. The files are stored locally on your computer and can be found in the Tray folder.

Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo/Tray
  • Options
    My roofs for ome reason do not show on the house after I place one down and pull it out. It just disappears!
  • Options
    Shades302 wrote: »
    personal Opinion- The sims 4 is not the same as sims 3, it might feel a bit content lacking to some if you have been spoiled with the sims 3 and all of its expansions and stuff packs ;P, but if you just uninstall everything and play only the base game of sims 3 then see if it is so different content wise.... I also understand there are things that take some understanding and learning.... but it rolls in pretty quickly.
    -opinion ends-

I personally found the roofing easier, sure there is no auto roofing, but you can at least see the edges and have curved roofs on anything you want now, if you have ever played spore before the roofing and house building is very very similar to that of spores create a creature... just pull arrows in various directions till you like it.

you do use your phone to travel anywhere, i was a bit scared of this at first because I thought it would prompt me to move or something, but no, you just get the town map and it simply lets u select where you would like to visit, and you can literally visit ANYWHERE even the other town xD... and not worry about loosing anything.

The art style of the game appeals to me greatly because I am friends with an artist who makes 3d models with the same type of art style, I really love it, it makes everything feel so clean and my computer likes it too.

also I did it on a whim to get my demo sims into the actual cas of the game... but it is possible it was something really silly too... You just open the gallery up on your upper right corner in CAS and then you click your user name and you can get the sims in from there. :3

Thanks for all this info. I do not dislike the game I dislike the game play. I am used to playing the sims 2 and the sims 3 this one is way different. I can't see my roofs after I pull them out, they seem to just vanish, so I can't add to them or continue to pull them when I can't see them! Is this a glitch in my game. I do not know.

• Options
    My Library contains all of your saved households, including any downloaded from the Gallery. The files are stored locally on your computer and can be found in the Tray folder.

Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo/Tray
    So do I just take everything out of the demo tray folder and put it into the sims 4 tray folder?
  • Options
    I guess. try it.
  • Options
    I guess. try it.
    I did that and they are in there, but how do I get them into the game?
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    My roofs for ome reason do not show on the house after I place one down and pull it out. It just disappears!

Is it possible you need to go up a level to see the roofs?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    There are no more levels. Maybe you can't make a 2 story house yet?
  • Options
    There are no more levels. Maybe you can't make a 2 story house yet?

You can make up to 3 stories plus the roof "story" which can be made into a room but only using roof options. What I was saying, though, is once the roof is put on, it's essentially a new level. So try adding the roof and if for some you don't see it, check to see if you can go up a level on your view and see the roof.
  • Options
    I guess. try it.

If you want to move them into the neighborhood into a separate household, at the top right of the screen is an option to Manage Households. You can go into your gallery/library from there and move them in.
  • Options
    Do I need to put a ceiling down? I have been putting in a ceiling........I also need to know how to get something from the gallery into the game, there are some really nice houses there that I would not mind my sim living in.
  • Options
    This comes from crinrict's blog; The files are in a folder called Tray and there are 5 files per household.

Tray

All you need to do is move these files from the Tray folder in CAS Demo in documents to the Tray folder in Sims 4 in documents.

Do turn off the game before you move.
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I guess. try it.

If you want to move them into the neighborhood into a separate household, at the top right of the screen is an option to Manage Households. You can go into your gallery/library from there and move them in.
    You have to forgive me I am a grandmother (older) and I need this kind of information in the patient way that you delivered it. Thank you so much for this. I appreciate it.,
  • Options
    Go here and you can read on the gallery from crinrict; http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/07/the-gallery/
  • Options
    This comes from crinrict's blog; The files are in a folder called Tray and there are 5 files per household.

Tray

All you need to do is move these files from the Tray folder in CAS Demo in documents to the Tray folder in Sims 4 in documents.

Do turn off the game before you move.

I went into the files for my sims 4 create a sims demo and I put all those files under tray into my sims 4 files under tray. They show up now in my files in the gallery, I did have the game off when I moved them. But they do appear there. I opened the game again and they were still there. I just got information how to get them into the game, under manage household........I am going in to see if I can do that. If not I guess I will have to try again. Thanks to you also for this information.