Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No maternity leave?

Pregnant sims don't get maternity leave? :O
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2014
    I was just looking for this. I knew that they didn't while pregnant but assumed they would right after the babies were born. There doesn't seem to be a way to get a sitter or nanny either. Is my only option to have one of them quit working while the children are babies?
  • Options
    AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    Babies are sent to daycare now =(
  • Options
    koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    When you leave for work your baby is sent to daycare and reappears when you get home. Haven't searched for a maternity leave option yet.
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    It doesn't look like so. I've heard that your babies get sent to an automatic daycare if both parents go to work. And if you have a writing sim then you can get excuses from work to stay home with the babies.
  • Options
    MinkleMinkle Posts: 88 Member
    So weird. I like when the parents are home because they can bond with the child better, plus the mother gets all her stats positive again.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    It's nice that maternity leave isn't forced anymore. I thought we had the option to though, if we wanted? Can you try calling work or something to check if there's an option for maternity leave?
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Can Sims not even take the day off work if they feel like it? Do they get "vacation days" at all?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited September 2014
    @Mariefoxprice83 I haven't noticed any vacation day slot in the game anywhere. I might have my sim play hookie from work one day and see if anything happens. I don't even see an option to fake call in sick anywhere.

Edit: then again, I haven't been looking that hard either. I'll make a note to try it/look for it the next time I play.
  • Options
    I haven't seen anything either for any kind of time off.. They definitely need some. I have only seen leave work early. I haven't tried not going to work though either. I get a warning that my boss won't like it if I don't go.

I was worried about walking out of the house without the kids but they did indeed magically head off to daycare.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If anyone tries not going to work as "maternity leave" and doesn't lose their job, let us know? I couldn't find maternity leave either and would have liked a day or two.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    well allrighty then I was wondering what was going on I have played since sims 2
  • Options
    bumblebeer0sebumblebeer0se Posts: 205 Member
    My sims were lucky. Father started work at the same time the mom returned home. The daycare option is a "nice touch." You can have the parents stay home. They won't be fired right away, but I guess they don't get paid like they did on maternity leave. EA should add an option on the phone to take maternity leave. There doesn't appear to be vacation days earned either.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    If a sim mom can walk home for miles to get to a hospital or deliver her own baby! She dont need no man to tell her to take time off from work xD
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    Honestly, I hated maternity leave anyway. It would usually glitch out for me and sometimes extend for at least 10 days. I mean, I know I still get the money and all, but half the reason to get your sim a rabbit hole job is so you don't have to deal with them all day long. :P
    44444.gif
  • Options
    Has anyone tried keeping a new mother off work yet?
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    urgh i hated maternity leave
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    The only way around it that i have found is quitting your job then picking it back up again after you have had the baby. If you quit your job and pick it back up again later you go back in at the current level your sims is at so if you quit and ure sim is level 6 then you go back into that career again you go back in at level 6. Only problem with it is that your sim doesn't get paid.
  • Options
    Ok thanks. Will a sim automatically get fired if they take time off work job?
  • Options

Not for me so far. I got a message that my boss won't like it. I think if your job performance is low enough you would.
  • Options
    justin5812justin5812 Posts: 632 Member
    AiHaou wrote: »
    Pregnant sims don't get maternity leave? :O

Noticed that as well. From what I've read your baby goes to daycare for free automatically when all adult sims leave the lot. I could be wrong though.
  • Options
    VASHORTYGIRL01VASHORTYGIRL01 Posts: 384 Member
    I took a day off for my birthday in the game and my boss called stating that i could possibly lose my job if i continued to miss work. I think you can leave for maternity for a day and be ok.
  • Options
    ts3seml wrote: »

Not for me so far. I got a message that my boss won't like it. I think if your job performance is low enough you would.

Fair enough. Hopefully tomorrow or at the weekend I can test this for myself. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I really hope that maternity leave -- optional, not mandatory -- makes a comeback. And add a paternity leave to that as well. It would be a nice dose of reality. I suppose in the meantime I'll risk a day off work and age up babies after that. *sigh*
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I actually LIKE my sim being able to work during pregnancy but I would like (optional) maternity leave for the day of birth at the very least. I don't care for the baby stage, however, and age them up immediately. It's not just TS4, though :) I've been aging up my babies immediately since TS2 (when I got mods/cheats that would let me do it). I've never enjoyed the infant stage in the sims series.

What i'd really like to see is an option to take maternity leave and an option to end it early on the phone and computer.
    moxiegraphix on Origin