Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't stop playing :)

With so many negative threads, I would like to throw a positive one into the mix! I absolutely love this game. It is definitely on another level than the previous games, which naturally is a turn off to some. But I think the franchise went in a great direction with TS4! The variance in emotions, as foreshadowed by producers, makes the game for me. I could sit and watch two sims or even a group of sims have a conversation and interact with each other all day! The different personality traits definitely plays out into every action the sim completes. I love how taking a 'steamy shower' makes your sims flirty, and thus brings about a new set of interactions not just with other sims, but also with their environment!

I play this game for every aspect, but mainly for the gameplay. Some people solely prefer to design or build. I can see why this game 'might' deter you, seeing as you can no longer elaborately customize objects, clothes, patterns, etc. I personally am not bothered by it missing, because even still you are offered a list of choices of different patterns and colors anyway. We aren't given a lot of course, but still this is the base game. All that being said, I have yet to try out the build mode extensively, but I did have fun decorating my sim's home and lot once I got the hang of everything.

I appreciate that it takes less time to satisfy motives now. Your sims can always be engaged in some type of useful activity.

One aspect of the game I am unhappy with is the navigation. It is very difficult to edge scroll which is a turn off because I prefer to solely use a wireless mouse and never the keyboard. I am getting accustomed to it though.

There are a lot of other things I enjoy about the game, I mostly notice them as I just play along. It really is a great game in my opinion and I have had a few minor glitches, nothing unexpected. I have been a simmer for well over 10 years and I am never really let down! The game constantly evolves just like anything else and I'd get totally bored if it didn't! It won't be for everyone, but my heart goes out to those who are going to be super tired at school or work today because they stayed up late playing TS4. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    NomPlayNomPlay Posts: 219 Member
    The reason there aren't more positive reviews is because they're all busy playing! xD It's just the negative people or those that haven't received the game yet.
  • Options
    outerdragonouterdragon Posts: 209 Member
    Glad your enjoying its nice to see some positive news for a change. I personally can't wait for mine am the UK so have to wait till Friday :(
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I love this game also, I am doing a lot of testing right now, and things are going good. I agree with the navigation, I am still working on that one, will try a few other ways. It is all a matter of getting the hang of it.
    Bust the game its self, oh my, it is so fun, never a dull moment, I am testing about the school, and not sending my child to see what happens. As far as mail, I have not gotten any, must remember to check the days I am not sure when the mail comes. I get so involved with them. Love the emotions sure makes for a better gameplay.
  • Options
    destinsbaby88destinsbaby88 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited September 2014
    You're almost there!! It's worth the wait, I promise. :smiley:
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    I've already played the game for 19 hours (thanks Origin for keeping track) and I can't stop. I keep telling myself to give my laptop, and my eyes, a break, but I just can't. I'll get out of the game for all of ten minutes before I'm back in playing again.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    @Evalen: that sounds like fun! I used to send my kiddos to boarding school on TS1 so I can't wait to try it! I forgot about the mail as well until I went to call someone and noticed I had an option to pay my bills. I haven't seen a mail carrier yet or maybe I just haven't noticed! Glad you're having fun too!!
  • Options
    mwadmanmwadman Posts: 104 Member
    edited September 2014
    My mail (bills) come on Tuesdays.

I quit playing about an hour ago but had been playing all night. I couldn't stop either. I always create one single sim when the base game comes out so I can learn all the new stuff then forget that sim and create a family but I really got into this one and couldn't stop playing with her. She is well on her way to the top of a career, has a child and is widowed. It was a very fun night of simming!!
  • Options
    19 hours haha love it! I've logged 9 apparently. My only regret is having too many responsibilities.
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    I really enjoy reading both sides of the argument, so thank you for another positive response.

I've heard a few people say that you can go into options and switch to Sims 3 camera controls if you're having trouble.
  • Options
    gingsnapgingsnap Posts: 22 Member
    Having so much fun. Definitely an improvement .
  • Options
    @mwadman: I do the same exact thing!!
  • Options
    @kayla1686: I will try that, thank you!
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    It's so great to see positive threads, I pick it up tomorrow, the waiting is killing me, just living through everyone's excitement atm, so glad you are all enjoying it so much!! :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    I know what people are saying it is so addictive, very hard to put down. I can't wait to play my Generation family, but I am testing things still. I can see where this is going, as I have a little girl Annabelle I am testing, I have not sent her to school for two days now, as I want to see if she get taken away, It kind of saddens me because already I am getting attached to her. These sims are so real and loving, I can't imagine when our first sim dies of old age, how we will feel. I know I will be saying OH NO!, but I do try to be real as life goes on with my generations.
    Dglbr1969... I think your saying with the polar bears fits well with the Sims 4. Have a great time with your sims tomorrow. The waiting is the worst part.
  • Options
    I had 2 sims die on me tonight and I was very sad! I actually said "oh no" real loud when the first one died. I had really gotten into the story with him and then he was gone.
  • Options
    NomPlayNomPlay Posts: 219 Member
    mwadman wrote: »
    I had 2 sims die on me tonight and I was very sad! I actually said "oh no" real loud when the first one died. I had really gotten into the story with him and then he was gone.

Part of the game really but you could always load an earlier save?
  • Options
    That's what I said, all part of the game so I kept on going. :)
  • Options
    mwadman wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, how did he die?
  • Options
    bootie101bootie101 Posts: 127 Member
    Yes same ! Very addicted. I started building a new house today just for fun and I spent literally 4 hours and still haven't finished it.. Played it on and off since release. :)
  • Options
    MoonCake212MoonCake212 Posts: 61 Member
    I have yet to get a visit from Mr. Reaper but I had my sim dress up like him and cause mischief.. it was a odd day
  • Options
    Sami-KattSami-Katt Posts: 629 Member
    I read in the forums there is an option, under options lol for the camera and you can change it to Sims3 style camera controls if that helps. I do not have the game to confirm for you but it may worth a look .......... happy simming
  • Options
    Old age, I guess. I had met him on the path near the fishing pond behind my house and he kept stopping by. Then they started getting more and more romantic. I called him one morning before my sim had to go to work and I went to call him for a dinner invite after I got home and he was dead. :(
  • Options
    Hey! what can we say, it is just addicted and fun at that. I have not built a house yet. I did add a room set for the baby, added a bathroom set, only because I forgot I could have moved the other one to where I wanted it. I have not been into build in order to build a house. I guess after I test some other things I will look into that to build my Family I will be playing house.
  • Options
    I haven't done much in build mode yet. Updated some of the furniture, wall coverings, and floors inside a prebuilt house but no room add-ons or anything yet. I don't feel like I am a strong builder so I usually wait a while. It looks like it will be just as awesome as the rest of the game though.
  • Options
    MoonCake212MoonCake212 Posts: 61 Member
    I built my own house... it looked like a box. Anyway I feel like downloading from the gallery is like cheating.. I know it sounds weird but I have always tried to build my own house or buy a premade house. I felt that way since the sims 3