Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothing & Emotions

So does clothing have any effect at all on your sims' emotions?

Comments

• Options
    duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    Apparently the colours have something to do with emotions
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    Not that I've seen, no. It could very well be me not paying attention, but I don't think so. And I'm a little disappointed by this, as I'm pretty sure sims reacting to clothes was the cited reason create a style didn't make a come back here.
  • Options
    kayla1686kayla1686 Posts: 1,697 Member
    Not that I've seen, no. It could very well be me not paying attention, but I don't think so. And I'm a little disappointed by this, as I'm pretty sure sims reacting to clothes was the cited reason create a style didn't make a come back here.
    Yeah, that's why I asked, since I saw no mention of it. Weird.
  • Options
    KShannonKShannon Posts: 223 Member
    I haven't noticed anything.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    No. Clothing doesn't have any affect on sims' emotions.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Add that to the list of disappointments.

@SimGuruGraham tweeted this previously...
    At the risk of opening myself to a flood of questions that I can’t answer, I’d like to clear up one common misconception I keep seeing.
    Being in proximity of color does not impact a Sim's emotions. Being in a blue room won't make your Sim sad.
    Wearing a red dress won't make your Sim flirty. The Sims 4 has never functioned that way.
    Our designers can, in specific cases, create objects or special pieces of clothing that enhance an emotion that a Sim is already feeling…
    For example, a painting with a sad theme could have an impact on a nearby Sim who is already feeling sad.The color of an object, a piece of clothing, or… heck, even your wallpaper… won't automatically push a nearby Sim into a different emotion.
  • Options
    sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    kayla1686 wrote: »
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Add that to the list of disappointments.

@SimGuruGraham tweeted this previously...
    At the risk of opening myself to a flood of questions that I can’t answer, I’d like to clear up one common misconception I keep seeing.
    Being in proximity of color does not impact a Sim's emotions. Being in a blue room won't make your Sim sad.
    Wearing a red dress won't make your Sim flirty. The Sims 4 has never functioned that way.
    Our designers can, in specific cases, create objects or special pieces of clothing that enhance an emotion that a Sim is already feeling…
    For example, a painting with a sad theme could have an impact on a nearby Sim who is already feeling sad.The color of an object, a piece of clothing, or… heck, even your wallpaper… won't automatically push a nearby Sim into a different emotion.
    Doesn't that tweet say that clothing never affected emotions?
    _sidebar7.gif
  • Options
    It says that special pieces of clothing can ENHANCE an emotion that a sim is already feeling... that's what I was wondering about.
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    Aha. That's so strange, I could have sworn that was the reason they gave for removing cas.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2014
    I don't know about that..but I must say, the base game clothing is a billion times better than the crap any other franchise had..hands down!! I like every single piece of clothing I think..and the option to layer it, different hairstyles with the hats too and you can wear any of it during every stage of pregnancy. Kudos for that right! hehe
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    take0nme wrote: »
    I don't know about that..but I must say, the base game clothing is a billion times better than the crap any other franchise had..hands down!! I like every single piece of clothing I think..and the option to layer it, different hairstyles and you can wear any of it during every stage of pregnancy. Kudos for that right! hehe
    Yeah, from what I've seen from gameplay videos, it definitely has the best base game clothing hands down, which is nice because it means that hopefully EA can put more focus on adding gameplay rather than clothing in the first few expansion packs.
  • Options
    sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    It says that special pieces of clothing can ENHANCE an emotion that a sim is already feeling... that's what I was wondering about.
    Oh, you're right. I don't know how I missed that entire sentence, haha
    _sidebar7.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2014
    sddorme wrote: »
    Oh, you're right. I don't know how I missed that entire sentence, haha

Well, he said that the designers can create special pieces of clothing that enhance an emotion, but did they? I haven't seen any clothing of that sort yet so that's why I'd say the answer is no. Has anyone else seen any?

IHJCfa6.jpg