Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I returned my game...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    rk800rk800 Posts: 541 Member
    Trolden1 wrote: »
    A lot of bad reviews so far from buyers on Amazon (I am for some reason restricted from linking so you will have to check yourself).<br />
    I am still waiting for more reviews before i make my decision but it does not look good. Oh well back to Sims 3 again ;)

You might want to check the reviews a little more closely. The majority of the reviews do not have "verified purchase" to authenticate the reviewer.

It really looks as though the site is being hit with unverified reviews to sabotage sales.

Nobody cares about sabotaging EA's sales. Out of interest, what is the Amazon rating for TS3?
    2cr3bs9.png
  • Options
    ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    A lot of bad reviews so far from buyers on Amazon (I am for some reason restricted from linking so you will have to check yourself).<br />
    I am still waiting for more reviews before i make my decision but it does not look good. Oh well back to Sims 3 again ;)

You might want to check the reviews a little more closely. The majority of the reviews do not have "verified purchase" to authenticate the reviewer.

It really looks as though the site is being hit with unverified reviews to sabotage sales.

You only get verified if you've purchased through Amazon. It's not surprising at all that most people haven't purchased that way, not when you consider how much easier it was to go directly through Origin.
  • Options
    KesmetKesmet Posts: 42 Member
    Sorry to hear you are returning the game. I have really been enjoying building in The Sims 4. In the other Sims games, I would never build my own houses but I have been finding it easy to do now. Then again I am definitely not an advanced builder.
  • Options
    ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    rk800 wrote: »

Nobody cares about sabotaging EA's sales. Out of interest, what is the Amazon rating for TS3?

3.3/5 stars
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    Chain wrote: »
    rk800 wrote: »

3.3/5 stars

I just went on amazon and it's currently got 2.2 out of 5. In comparison, sims3 has 3.8 out of 5.

Not sure how accurate the star rating is on the first day with a relatively small number of ratings though.

I've been trying to find what people who have played think but opinions seem as mixed as they were on the forums before release.
  • Options
    RoguelovexRoguelovex Posts: 24 New Member
    > @Claire17 said:
    > Chain wrote: »
    >
    > rk800 wrote: »
    >
    > PHOEBESMOM601 wrote: »
    >
    > Trolden1 wrote: »
    >
    > A lot of bad reviews so far from buyers on Amazon (I am for some reason restricted from linking so you will have to check yourself).

> I am still waiting for more reviews before i make my decision but it does not look good. Oh well back to Sims 3 again
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You might want to check the reviews a little more closely. The majority of the reviews do not have "verified purchase" to authenticate the reviewer.
    >
    > It really looks as though the site is being hit with unverified reviews to sabotage sales.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nobody cares about sabotaging EA's sales. Out of interest, what is the Amazon rating for TS3?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > 3.3/5 stars
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I just went on amazon and it's currently got 2.2 out of 5. In comparison, sims3 has 3.8 out of 5.
    >
    > Not sure how accurate the star rating is on the first day with a relatively small number of ratings though.
    >
    > I've been trying to find what people who have played think but opinions seem as mixed as they were on the forums before release.

I think it really depends on which aspect of the sims you like the most. Some aspects are greatly improved, and some are cut completely. Which is your favorite thing in the sims?
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited September 2014
    Roguelovex wrote: »
    > @Claire17 said:<br />
    > Chain wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > rk800 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > PHOEBESMOM601 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > Trolden1 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > A lot of bad reviews so far from buyers on Amazon (I am for some reason restricted from linking so you will have to check yourself).<br />

<br />
    > I am still waiting for more reviews before i make my decision but it does not look good. Oh well back to Sims 3 again <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > You might want to check the reviews a little more closely. The majority of the reviews do not have "verified purchase" to authenticate the reviewer.<br />
    > <br />
    > It really looks as though the site is being hit with unverified reviews to sabotage sales.<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > Nobody cares about sabotaging EA's sales. Out of interest, what is the Amazon rating for TS3?<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > 3.3/5 stars<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > I just went on amazon and it's currently got 2.2 out of 5. In comparison, sims3 has 3.8 out of 5.<br />
    > <br />
    > Not sure how accurate the star rating is on the first day with a relatively small number of ratings though.<br />
    > <br />
    > I've been trying to find what people who have played think but opinions seem as mixed as they were on the forums before release.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I think it really depends on which aspect of the sims you like the most. Some aspects are greatly improved, and some are cut completely. Which is your favorite thing in the sims?

Well, I'd already decided on the information before the launch not to buy it because I've struggled to go back to sims2 because of it's lack of CASt, so I was mostly looking for information from builders to see if they missed it less than they thought but also general gameplay reviews to see if I thought better gameplay could make up for the lack of CASt (although I'm also dubious about no toddlers).

Think I'll just wait till it's cheaper as it doesn't seem like it's unanimous that the pre-release gloom is wrong and I'm not that excited for it that the wait will be agony:)