May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when will EA be starting on Sims 5?

What is says on the tin.

EA you essentially gave us a Sims game that's a step back all the way to Sims 1. Seriously. How much did you budget for Sims 4 anyways? I'd be playing Sims 3 right now if it didn't freak. I'll give Sims 4 props on the quick load, smoothness but that's it. The soul of the game has been gutted and replaced with a dead eyed fish. Would it have really cost so much to simply go with the original child, teen, young adult, adult and senior heights and appearance ranges and take the game's animations to a Capture Studio and do things proper? You are EA! You have financial resources that would make any indie company all hot and bothered with naughty woohoo dreams.

Sims 4 isn't even close to a full game. Its like a vampire book without the vampires.

Seriously, don't bother with expansion packs. Take your losses like a mature company and give up on making profit this quarter and put your assets in making Sims 5 proper. Make it everything Sims 4 was supposed to be! For the sake of the Almighty, give us back Create a Style

Comments

• Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Who knows, maybe TS4 is going to be last game in the franchise. I don't care for TS4/5 or whatever, I still have TS2/3. TS5 will probably be even worse than TS4, considering EA's money-hungry minds.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    They have started it already and it is coming out in a couple of weeks so I read, somewhere, over the internet, forgot the name of the guy who told me though, but, he did say, that, TS5, will, be, h,e,re, v...e...r...y s.....o......o.....n

Peace
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    smoogie wrote: »
    They have started it already and it is coming out in a couple of weeks so I read, somewhere, over the internet, forgot the name of the guy who told me though, but, he did say, that, TS5, will, be, h,e,re, v...e...r...y s.....o......o.....n

Peace

Nah. They'll start once they run out of Exp. pack ideas that add things to the game like they did for 1, 2, and 3.
  • Options
    Wrenry wrote: »

Peace

Nah. They'll start once they run out of Exp. pack ideas that add things to the game like they did for 1, 2, and 3.

that was a joke lol It never fails to amaze me how just after a new game has released people are already talking about the next one. Give it another 4 to 5 years until people should be talking about TS5. Most of the world haven't even played the new one yet and people are already asking about TS5! I don't even remember many people talking about TS2 for at least a couple of years after the original had been released
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    There's a lot about their handling of TS4 that feels almost like deliberate sabotage. A year ago, I might have said that EA's one and only one strength was marketting. They always excelled at making a game look and sound good, even when it wasn't. Yet here it was like pulling teeth just to get them to acknowledge TS4's existence, and then every word out of their mouths just made it sound worse. I guess what I'm getting at is that they might not be interested in a The Sims 5.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member

Peace

It was said in your last thread, smoogie, that this thread would appear...
    Sigh.

OP, come back in 5 years.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options

Peace

It was said in your last thread, smoogie, that this thread would appear...
    Sigh.

OP, come back in 5 years.

I might as well be the first person to start talking about The Sims 6, yes TS6, how little will we seen in the base game that will cost more than 100 £,$, Euros, Yan, Simoleons ect
  • Options
    winterclaritywinterclarity Posts: 183 Member
    I'm shocked people didn't say any of this when TS3 came out. Awful game it was, stripped, buggy, a store full of stuff that should have been in the base game, didn't even have pianos. B) well, good luck to you.
  • Options
    OceanBlue10OceanBlue10 Posts: 361 Member
    Sims has to end sometime, hopefully Sims 4 will be the last..
  • Options
    I'm shocked people didn't say any of this when TS3 came out. Awful game it was, stripped, buggy, a store full of stuff that should have been in the base game, didn't even have pianos. B) well, good luck to you.

Yes some of the stuff from the store should have been in the base game but some stuff was free, we did get a few simpoints and we got a new world to play from day one and then not long later we got the best (yet more complicated) tool ever, CAW which was free. So far nothing free has been offered for TS4 yet
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    Slow down geez. I haven't even got TS4 yet.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

The Sims 5 will already be in the early stages of development. The Sims 4 went into development in 2008, a year before The Sims 3 even came out.
  • Options
    CallaCantDiscoCallaCantDisco Posts: 113 Member
    As long as it remains profitable, EA will continue to pump out Sims games 'till the [foreseeable] end of time; whether or not the quality will continue to decline or start to flourish again is a different story. I wouldn't bet on the latter.
    dqknjq.png
    You are free to break the chains of fate that bind you. Simmer since est. 2002.
  • Options
    ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    Darkarma wrote: »
    What is says on the tin.

EA you essentially gave us a Sims game that's a step back all the way to Sims 1. Seriously. How much did you budget for Sims 4 anyways? I'd be playing Sims 3 right now if it didn't freak. I'll give Sims 4 props on the quick load, smoothness but that's it. The soul of the game has been gutted and replaced with a dead eyed fish. Would it have really cost so much to simply go with the original child, teen, young adult, adult and senior heights and appearance ranges and take the game's animations to a Capture Studio and do things proper? You are EA! You have financial resources that would make any indie company all hot and bothered with naughty woohoo dreams.

Sims 4 isn't even close to a full game. Its like a vampire book without the vampires.

Seriously, don't bother with expansion packs. Take your losses like a mature company and give up on making profit this quarter and put your assets in making Sims 5 proper. Make it everything Sims 4 was supposed to be! For the sake of the Almighty, give us back Create a Style

It's kind of early for that.

Even if this game belly-flops as hard as Simcity did, there will be about 18 months of developer life. If it's 'okay' in sales, you can look at about 3 before they abandon it and shift all their funding to another project.

The creation of Sims 5 is going to depend on the success of Sims 4. That's just the way things work. I don't think we'll ever see another Simcity, ever, unless EA crashes and burns or someone buys the franchise for a king's ransom from them. In the future, city simulators are going to come from competitors under different titles.

Sims 5, if it is developed, will probably be a tablet game. A lot of casual genre games are getting shoehorned into the mobile market, because there's this assumption that people who play them do not want to play regular games on PC. A lot of younger generation players are growing up on tablets, not custom-building 'rigs' from gaming. EA knows this. I don't foresee good things because of this.

But yeah. Just way too much speculation right now. Focus on fixing Sims 4.
  • Options
    MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited September 2014
    Yea, especially trying to delete any and all negative threads. In the past 10 min 2 more peoples threads were deleted, its just laughable at this point. These are ALL people, like me, who paid for the game and are giving their opinion. Guess EA's sales are awful and they are trying to muzzle anything that will get more people to cancel their pre-orders. I noticed many threads where it said "yea because of the info you gave me I'm now canceling my pre-order" got deleted.....weird how that works huh?
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Peace

There are plenty of things they could have done with each of those games, respectfully. However, over time people just lose interest. A new base game brings back excitement and enthusiasm for the series. Not only that, each of those engines can't be thrown 1000 EPs at. They'll just stop working altogether. In TS3's case, it'll turn to crap after 3 expansions!
  • Options
    JadedsinsJadedsins Posts: 233 Member
    Seeing as how Sims 4 looks like it might be the best one yet. Taking the the best of sims 2 and working up, is going to be amazing. I'm looking forward to the future. Unlike sims 3 that felt like a failure.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    The Sims 5 will already be in the early stages of development. The Sims 4 went into development in 2008, a year before The Sims 3 even came out.

And they started on The Sims 6 two years ago I guess...
  • Options
    landverhuizerlandverhuizer Posts: 310 Member

and I thought they just recycled expansion pack ideas, though they did come up with a very few new ideas over the past 5 years, maybe they might have at least one, or half of one for this game

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    There are only two possible scenerios here. TS4 sells well, and we get about 5 years worth of EP's and SP's, or it does not sell well enough to be worth EP's and SP's. For the former, we wait at least 5 years for TS5, for the latter, we probably end up waiting 7 to 10 years, because the investors will NOT support starting work on another game in the franchise right after one bombs.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Peace

There are plenty of things they could have done with each of those games, respectfully. However, over time people just lose interest. A new base game brings back excitement and enthusiasm for the series. Not only that, each of those engines can't be thrown 1000 EPs at. They'll just stop working altogether. In TS3's case, it'll turn to crap after 3 expansions!

So after all EPs it is still a good game with a lot of loyalists enjoying it?
  • Options
    BryanBensingBryanBensing Posts: 10 New Member
    When? Right after they release the pools and toddlers EP for TS4
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    At the rate they are removing everything including the SANDBOX game play, I'd rather them just bury it here.
  • Options
    ErisineErisine Posts: 156 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Peace

So after all EPs it is still a good game with a lot of loyalists enjoying it?

I -love- the Sims 3, but I don't own every single EP, and I do NOT bother with store and SP content.

I have all the expansions UP TO Seasons. I did not care for Showtime and could have done without it. I would have bought University, though, had Sims 4 not been around the corner.

My S3 game runs just fine, does not crash and does not lag after the initial loading screen.
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    At the rate they are removing everything including the SANDBOX game play, I'd rather them just bury it here.

It will be a sad day to see the series end but the way it seems now TS3 is the last 'big' Sims game we might actually have