Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Actually, floor cake is probably the best cake. Very trendy.

Other than that oddness, the only thing that really stuck out to me was building/decorating stuff because that's mostly what I do. I remember some time back hearing about these auto windows and how intuitive they are and wont place on a wall section where something else is placed. Hooey.
    In the bathroom, the towel rack was attached to the window. Not low on the window either. In the kitchen, the stove was beneath a window and above that, attached to a window, was the range hood. Yeah, that looked natural. A bit further over, the refrigerator was placed in front of another window.
    Who builds these things?
    When the dropped the new bedroom in from the gallery, I don't think it had a door to even get into the room. Had a window, though. Maybe crawl through that?

Please tell me the cowplant doesn't just regurgitate sims. I hope there's a death by cowplant, if not, I don't need one of those.

Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Too short, but pretty good otherwise.
  • Options
    6385463854 Posts: 59 Member
    DLC cowplant in TS3 did eat other sims, but it only happened to household members, and even then, there was only like a 1/25 chance.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    When he threw water in that one sims face I didn't think they would need to get up and walk around the table to do it.

"hey, I want to throw a drink in your face so.. follow me mkay?"

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    RinilexRinilex Posts: 3,048 Member
    I think they're shooting themselves in the foot with this whole "more real, emotional Sims with personalities!" spiel.

Previously there was never any emphasis on the Sims being lifelike or having unique characters, but I think a lot of people intuitively felt that in their Sims already and unconsciously gave them personalities and little quirks. Now EA are really trying to push it forward as a marketing gimmick, and all it's doing is embarrassingly emphasising how robotic and artificial the Sims in TS4 are.
  • Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    They do four live shows for fans in 720p with ultra level graphics, full shadows, AA with vsync on and it looked great. They go to PAX, do a live show aimed at people who haven't seen the game yet or would like to see more, up the resolution from the past four shows and turn all the graphics options off?

Why? I can't be the only one totally baffled by this.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    sasha9861 wrote: »
    I'm so confused as to why people hate this so much, there's so much negative feedback.
    Personally this was one of the only LP's of TS4 I enjoyed, shockingly.
    I agree, it was the most fun, I laughed through, people forgot the fun of Sims. I like there silliness, like putting the cake on the floor.
    It was the best on I have seen. Wish I could see more like that.
    Loved the Gym, much better and more action then the other ones, I liked how the guy could leave the house and go across the street to the public area and talk with that lady. Did you notice the sand was blowing, nice touch.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    63854 wrote: »
    At least the cow plant worked right, the DLC one in TS3 never ate anyone.

It did in my game. My simself was killed by that thing. :(

2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    iamjacks_br0kenheartiamjacks_br0kenheart Posts: 135 Member
    Thought that the party with the caterer was ok, and the gym part was entertaining.
    Origin ID: honeynut135
    2qxq5qd.jpg
  • Options
    bookwormtraitbookwormtrait Posts: 635 Member
    Did anyone else not like the way painting was done?
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    JohnConnor wrote: »
    Maybe chug some Red Bull every time you *don't* hear anything original here. Reckon I'll need it to stay awake in this 100% unoriginal presentation..
    I think this presentation is pre-scripted in the coding, they seem so unsurprised when anything happens.

This broadcast was because they are presenting the game at PAX! It's wasn't for our benefit but the benefit of all the potential new customers at PAX

My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    ladybreid wrote: »
    @Evalen , I like your sheepysheep
    Thanks I just thought she was cute.
  • Options
    ArielPreizArielPreiz Posts: 473 Member
    Duncarin wrote: »
    They do four live shows for fans in 720p with ultra level graphics, full shadows, AA with vsync on and it looked great. They go to PAX, do a live show aimed at people who haven't seen the game yet or would like to see more, up the resolution from the past four shows and turn all the graphics options off?

Why? I can't be the only one totally baffled by this.

I know I noticed that right away

Origin ID: EsmeGraham
  • Options

I missed that part, I think I was watching a commercial or something on tv, what was it?

wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Hey guys my internet was down for a while what's up...

...nevermind.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    6385463854 Posts: 59 Member
    was prob a white canvas because EA didn't "have the money" to do it right
  • Options
    koapsychocorekoapsychocore Posts: 342 Member
    edited August 2014
    When I first caught sight of the gym (I don't remember when) I wasn't very impressed. This time I was. Much better than TS3 gyms. More machines, work outs that look like workouts, nice looking, AND jam freaking packed with Sims. I looked out for the clipping everyone is raving about, saw it, realized I don't give a single crap. I had to search for it. These LBs are renewing my faith. I come on here, see the outrages, and then see for myself that none of these things bother me. I'm greatly looking forward to this game. I'm so excited to love the Sims again.
    You can call me Corby.
    tumblr_n643b5yyHO1rdbefdo1_500.gif
    OriginID: cehall86
  • Options
    bookwormtraitbookwormtrait Posts: 635 Member

I missed that part, I think I was watching a commercial or something on tv, what was it?
    It was just a big brush. There was no color palette, which I've always enjoyed seeing just for the details.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    2011simone wrote: »
    Maybe chug some Red Bull every time you *don't* hear anything original here. Reckon I'll need it to stay awake in this 100% unoriginal presentation..
    I think this presentation is pre-scripted in the coding, they seem so unsurprised when anything happens.

This broadcast was because they are presenting the game at PAX! It's wasn't for our benefit but the benefit of all the potential new customers at PAX

Then why did they not turn up the graphics instead of turning it down and off ??

Look at the Replay of today once its up then the other's from Let's Play Broadcast's you will notice a difference in the Graphics that they had it better in Let's Play then they did today.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I know that in the beginning they showed artist with a pallet, but in these videos they do not have a pallet.
    I was wondering if it comes with a reward or something. Or if you get to a certain level. I'm not sure.
    I wish someone would know. But hey! 2 days and it's out.
    I am glad I seen this video, it was better then the rest. I really liked it. had a good laugh all the way through.
    Can't wait. Those who don't like the world, they can put anything they like in it. change it anyway you like.
    I know that I will be adding things that my Sims like to do. The Sims are silly that is why I like them so much.
    they make me laugh and I see now how much more fun they will be. The cake on the floor just made it more fun.
    the caterer I think just wanted to join the party. :) I am looking forward to a fun and joyful Sim game come Tues.
    sorry that others are not. I am happy about the Sims 4.
  • Options

It was just a big brush. There was no color palette, which I've always enjoyed seeing just for the details.

wait
    what?

I mean a picture did slowly appear though right?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
  • Options
    When I first caught sight of the gym (I don't remember when) I wasn't very impressed. This time I was. Much better than TS3 gyms. More machines, work outs that look like workouts, nice looking, AND jam freaking packed with Sims. I looked out for the clipping everyone is raving about, saw it, realized I don't give a single crap. I had to search for it. These LBs are renewing my faith. I come on here, see the outrages, and then see for myself that none of these things bother me. I'm greatly looking forward to this game. I'm so excited to love the Sims again.

I agree, those things don't bother me either. I am so looking forward to Tues, There is not one negative post in all the sims 4 post that would make me not want to buy the Sims 4. I have seen videos, photos and more and love everything I see. What I see is a very fun game coming.
    I love the silliness of the Sims, I play to have fun, relax. Can't wait to see how my Sim family acts in the game.
    This was the best video I have seen these past days. Glad to hear someone that is as excited as I am.

• Options
    I'm so looking forward to Tuesday as well I got bus fare now so I can go pick it up earlier if I wake up early if not then I will just wait until room mates get home but sometimes they don't get home until really late so I might just go by bus anyways that day to pick it up and get it.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    That was fun :D the cake on the floor is one reason i love the sims lol very unpredictable and funny. *stepping all over the cake* people only care for cake. thats a fact. anyway lol cant wait for it to release.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    ArielPreiz wrote: »
    I'm so looking forward to Tuesday as well I got bus fare now so I can go pick it up earlier if I wake up early if not then I will just wait until room mates get home but sometimes they don't get home until really late so I might just go by bus anyways that day to pick it up and get it.

I understand what you are saying, I pre ordered from Amazon, because I live in a very small town and we do not have any stores, except the Family Dollar that was just built, we do not have a Burger King, McDonalds, Wendy's, we do have a Dunkin Donuts and a pizza place, but it is not a known one. So that is why I ordered from Amazon, because places, like game stores and malls are hours away, So the only thing that is a little near is Wal Marts, and that is 45 min away. So as not knowing the weather and car condition as it is old, I pre ordered from Amazon. We have no public transportation.
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2014
    A testimony to the blandness of tonight's presentation that so few are posting about it? I think we all feel we'd seen it all before, often way more than once..
    It was a presentation at PAX. Really, what else did you expect, but the basics from a presentation? This is directed at people who know little to nothing about the Sims 4.