Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you going to do with the $70 you save from not buying the barebones Sims

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    DekrRiniDekrRini Posts: 416 Member
    Lots and lots of ebooks for my Nook. I'd rather spend my money on things I know I'll enjoy.

For all those who are buying the game and are excited about it, I hope it turns out to be everything you believe it will be. And I also hope you will give honest reviews of your gameplay.
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I'm buying the game but Destiny comes out a week later so if I don't like it I already have Destiny paid for and I've already paid for the new WoW ep as well so I have that in November and Assassins Creed I've already pre-ordered for November so I have that and Dreamfall: Chapters as well. Even if TS4 is great I am still going to play other games, there's a lot of good ones coming out and I don't even know how I'll play them all with the amount of time I have for games these days. I'm hoping my little ones take naps every day and go to bed early in the evenings so I can get my game on.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    30xigwo.jpg
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    If I decide not to buy it, I'll either buy Final Fantasy Realm Reborn, or just put the money on Steam and buy some games on my wishlist.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Hopefully with all the game news coming out of PAX this weekend like water gushing from a broken dam, I'll decide which fall game or games are worthy of my money. Certainly not TS4. Maybe Destiny, the new Civ, the new Dragon Age.
  • Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited August 2014
    I pre-ordered Civilization: Beyond Earth instead(got 25% off at GMG). It's still over a month away, but I have a pretty big Steam backlog to work through until then. Maybe after that they will have patched TS4 into something worth buying. It's kind of sad... This will be the first Sims game I didn't buy on launch day.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    Give my money to a company that deserves it.

R*
    Didn't you mean Bethesda? With GTA V and GTAO, R* IS the new EA scrooge of the gaming industry......
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Druscylla wrote: »
    >.< Spend one week away and miss everything. No family trees? I...I don't understand. I think I need to lie down. :s
    But at the end of the day, at least the overpriced food may likely nourish you. TS4 may likely not :D
  • Options
    KandyceKandyce Posts: 74 Member
    Candyr277 wrote: »
    I'd buy myself a $8 bottle of Moscato and use the left over $62 to pre-order Dragon Age Inquisition.

Between this comment and your love of Geralt, you are absolutely my favorite person.
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    Derella wrote: »
    I pre-ordered Civilization: Beyond Earth instead(got 25% off at GMG). It's still over a month away, but I have a pretty big Steam backlog to work through until then. Maybe after that they will have patched TS4 into something worth buying. It's kind of sad... This will be the first Sims game I didn't buy on launch day.

That does look super awesome doesn't it? I may ask for that for my b-day in October.

Sadly, I don't even have the $70 for Sims now anyway, so I'm spending that $70 on dog dental surgery. Furbabies, so expensive. I have no regrets though. She'll be happier and if Sims 4 is any good, I'll get it later. This forum will no doubt be FULL of reviews, fair and otherwise.
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    Pellapixel wrote: »
    Taking out the Family tree is flat out mean and was the last straw. <br />
    You dont want families in this game and that is evident. Babies that are stuck in one place discouraging players from building families....teens are the same heights as adults, and toddlers are simply Omitted. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    On Sept 2nd I'm taking myself out for dinner with the money i had set aside.

I'm going to buy Sim points & purchase some of the Worlds & venues I passed on previously for Sims 3.

My style of game play was completely eliminated by making babies mere objects & leaving out toddlers. I play families. Not singles, not YA's, not friends. Families.
    Family life is impossible with babies that can't be moved from the bassinet and completely bypass being toddlers.

I'm sticking with Sims 3 & will enjoy the new content I buy.

• Options
    panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member

That does look super awesome doesn't it? I may ask for that for my b-day in October.

Sadly, I don't even have the $70 for Sims now anyway, so I'm spending that $70 on dog dental surgery. Furbabies, so expensive. I have no regrets though. She'll be happier and if Sims 4 is any good, I'll get it later. This forum will no doubt be FULL of reviews, fair and otherwise.

I hope your dog's surgery goes well! Give her a pat on the head from me.

I'm not spending the money I allocated for TS4 just yet because I'd hoped so badly that EA/Maxis had something left up their sleeves, but that hope is rapidly wearing away so now I have my fingers crossed for a sale on TS3 expansions soon - I'd like to get Island Paradise, definitely, and maybe Seasons.
  • Options
    SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    Megan31917 wrote: »
    Pellapixel wrote: »
    Taking out the Family tree is flat out mean and was the last straw. <br />
    You dont want families in this game and that is evident. Babies that are stuck in one place discouraging players from building families....teens are the same heights as adults, and toddlers are simply Omitted. <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    On Sept 2nd I'm taking myself out for dinner with the money i had set aside.

I'm going to buy Sim points & purchase some of the Worlds & venues I passed on previously for Sims 3.

My style of game play was completely eliminated by making babies mere objects & leaving out toddlers. I play families. Not singles, not YA's, not friends. Families.
    Family life is impossible with babies that can't be moved from the bassinet and completely bypass being toddlers.

I'm sticking with Sims 3 & will enjoy the new content I buy.
    Bolding by me - I completely agree with you there. That's also my playing style and this is going to be really restrictive and just...weird. I can't get over baby-to-child. I just can't. It really needs to have toddlers to be anywhere near realistic. And the Sims 3 doesn't.
  • Options
    ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    I'll probably get the Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition core books and some new dice. I wasn't going to because it was so horrible during the playtests, but Wizards really listened to their fans and made it better! Now if only other companies could do that too...
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    I suppose I'll get gas for my car... maybe fill the tank all the way up and stare off into the distance, not even looking back at how much it will be. That would be nice.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Saving it for some other new gaming titles coming out soon. I've got my eye on a few things already.
  • Options
    GBA91101Nver4getGBA91101Nver4get Posts: 4,965 Member
    I'm buying Fantasy Life for the Nintendo 3DS and some picture frames for my art.
    Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best RIP 10-5-11
  • Options
    spackichanspackichan Posts: 1,183 Member
    Candyr277 wrote: »
    I'd buy myself a $8 bottle of Moscato and use the left over $62 to pre-order Dragon Age Inquisition.

Oh god yes.
    (◡ ‿ ◡ ✿)
  • Options
    Meg1_B2Meg1_B2 Posts: 519 Member
    Buy more school supplies for my classroom! It's amazing how many school supplies you can buy with $5 at the dollar store, imagine $70!
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    'Assassin's Creed: Unity' looks good to me - you get to play with a whole city, not under two dozen lots. Or 'Civilization: Beyond Earth'. You know, a game that's not actually unfinished and broken, that someone has actually playtested for more than a minute..
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

I got the Sims 4 for $35 cos my Aunt went to Mexico and bought it on their Origin for me.
    I'm spending the other $35 on GTA V because I finally finished

I've finally played all the GTA games from GTA 3 upwards (except China Wars).
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I have it put aside incase reviews change my mind.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    solarfairy77solarfairy77 Posts: 265 Member
    Hmm I might just go and buy more things from the Sims 3 store instead since thats the game I am sticking with...or save for my real trip to New Orleans ;)
  • Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    panapops wrote: »

I hope your dog's surgery goes well! Give her a pat on the head from me.

I'm not spending the money I allocated for TS4 just yet because I'd hoped so badly that EA/Maxis had something left up their sleeves, but that hope is rapidly wearing away so now I have my fingers crossed for a sale on TS3 expansions soon - I'd like to get Island Paradise, definitely, and maybe Seasons.

Thanks! I bet the expansions will go on a serious sale on Amazon for the holidays. (I know, that's a while off, but I bet TS4 will have a good sale by then as well). I'm hoping the TS3/Origin store does a sale before then. Seasons is totally worth it, BTW. Very fun.
  • Options
    PellapixelPellapixel Posts: 118 Member
    Please buy this game.....i was super wrong.

I couldn't not, not buy it and it blows all the other e games out the water.

I should have updated this when i purchased but i have been playing non stop