Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the grass really that awful?

Comments

• Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I'm just slowly coming to terms with these guys on the Sims team have fallen out of touch with what someone like me wants from a game like the Sims. Their new game seems more about what they want than what I want.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    Please stop...... You're gonna make me cry....... It's just too beautiful. To me it's not just about grass. It's about the whole look of the world. It just pales in comparison to this, and this is 10 years old.

Not until you're ready to open a vein!

2reh6hf.jpg

Some shire action.
    Okay! That's it! I need this game <3
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited August 2014
    lol. Fine. I counter your shire action with some beach front sunset action!

F69AB22584CDCF5DC6C931E38D3224FE9BCDA601
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    23mse84.jpg

It also comes in either a high res or low res client depending on what your PC can handle.
  • Options
    smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Not enough time, too hard, cut development on it so they can make sure sims play musical chairs

Sims can play musical chairs? Surly that can be saved for a later EP?
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    A fair amount of pages for this.

Long Answer:
    Yes, yes it is this bad.

Short Answer:
    Yes.

TLDR Answer:
    itsbad_zpsda621411.jpg~original
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    I'm starting to hate the graphics just seeing these beautiful game graphics.
  • Options
    Even with all the issues in Sims 3, you can't say that it wasn't visually stunning as a Sims game. I mean the amount of textures and details that went into that game were AMAZING! Like visually, I think it's the most beautiful sims game to date, environmentally wise. I was really hoping that Sims 4 would be just a slight step up to that 10 year old LOTR game graphics. I would have literally died of happiness.
  • Options
    It has to be fair to say The Sims 3 is so far the richest looking Sims day to date. You would have thought that EA would have looked at the strongest points from TS3 and build on it. Instead they had taken a side step, got lost, taken another side step, got lost again and then gave up trying to improve and told the fans 'erm, hear you go, this is The Sims 4, we hope you enjoy it because this time we don't have a clue what we are doing'
  • Options
    MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote: »
    And here's the grass in my back yard.

insect-disease-lawn.jpg

Are you in California? A lot of grass looks like that since we've got the drought.

The grass is pretty bad, yes, but the shrubs and trees are decent; I figure I'll just put in a lot of shrubbery to make the Knights Who Say "Ni!" happy:

hE9A88A0E

I'm in Texas and the grass is just as bad....its so sad actually....especially when you spent WEEKS planting the seed for it and live on 2 acres :\

Edit: why is there no TRUE angry face smiley...this one >:) isn't angry. That is so weird. Guess they are trying to send a message haha ;-).
  • Options
    smoogie wrote: »
    Not enough time, too hard, cut development on it so they can make sure sims play musical chairs

Your avatar is boss.

• Options
    Lucky25 wrote: »
    Well I personally like the look of the grass in TS4. And actually, I think it looks better than it did in TS3.

Anyway, why are people obsessing over such small details?! I get the whole "omg we have no toddlers or pools!" thing, but really, people need to understand this is a whole different game with a whole different style. If they made the grass super realistic, you'd probably be missing other features, which would no doubt be complained about even more!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see everything super realistic in a Sims game. Oh, to see every single individual blade of grass would be fantastic! But it won't happen.

Anyway, I'm sure someone will come up with a mod or some new textures or something to replace what exists in TS4.

I don't agree. I don't think it has to be super realistic. WoW has VERY cartoony graphics and as you can see by the picture that was posted on the first or second page, the grass looks amazing. It has nothing to do with that. You don't have to program the grass, its not like we are asking for individual blades here. Its just a paint tool and they could have at least made it look ok. Its something that you have to stare at constantly so it is a big deal.

Also, I am sick of certain simmers telling me and others what should and should NOT be a big deal. You do realize there is a thing called Simblr's and its a HUGE part of the community. We take PICTURES, lots of pictures. When everything looks like this it makes those of us that play strictly for pictures not be able to play the way we want and its not like the hair which you can mod and make look better. The grass thats there is what you get.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm in Texas and the grass is just as bad....its so sad actually....especially when you spent WEEKS planting the seed for it and live on 2 acres :\

Edit: why is there no TRUE angry face smiley...this one >:) isn't angry. That is so weird. Guess they are trying to send a message haha ;-).

You can type in a colon followed by the word "angry" follow by another colon to get the angry smiley. :angry:

Yep, that grass is from Texas, by the way, which is where I am, as well. :)
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    I don't agree. I don't think it has to be super realistic. WoW has VERY cartoony graphics and as you can see by the picture that was posted on the first or second page, the grass looks amazing. It has nothing to do with that. You don't have to program the grass, its not like we are asking for individual blades here. Its just a paint tool and they could have at least made it look ok. Its something that you have to stare at constantly so it is a big deal.

Also, I am sick of certain simmers telling me and others what should and should NOT be a big deal. You do realize there is a thing called Simblr's and its a HUGE part of the community. We take PICTURES, lots of pictures. When everything looks like this it makes those of us that play strictly for pictures not be able to play the way we want and its not like the hair which you can mod and make look better. The grass thats there is what you get.

Can't someone do CC for it? I kind of assumed that would be the sort of texture someone could do custom content for.
  • Options
    Amanda1280Amanda1280 Posts: 65 Member
    You want grass? Here, let me give you a free can of paint! Would you like to have pink flowers or purple flowers spray painted?! :0
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Amanda1280 wrote: »
    You want grass? Here, let me give you a free can of paint! Would you like to have pink flowers or purple flowers spray painted?! :0
    Here is your can of paint!
    Blue1327367-EDITED-sg19-212921-4368x2912px.jpg
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options

Can't someone do CC for it? I kind of assumed that would be the sort of texture someone could do custom content for.

I don't think someone can actually do CC like that. That's a lot. It's basically like creating a completely different visual world on top of the one that's there, if that's the case. I mean the most I've seen in Sims 3 environmentally wise is the lighting mod, but even before that the game was pretty beautiful without it. The mod just added to the beauty.
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    smoogie wrote: »

Your avatar is boss.

Cheers
  • Options

You can type in a colon followed by the word "angry" follow by another colon to get the angry smiley. :angry:

Yep, that grass is from Texas, by the way, which is where I am, as well. :)

Haha, cool!! Not the grass, but that we are both from Tx :-).

Unfortunately, although there are custom terrain paints, it would be impossible to replace the whole world with it. Maybe the lot, but thats about it.
  • Options
    SadieD123 wrote: »

I don't think someone can actually do CC like that. That's a lot. It's basically like creating a completely different visual world on top of the one that's there, if that's the case. I mean the most I've seen in Sims 3 environmentally wise is the lighting mod, but even before that the game was pretty beautiful without it. The mod just added to the beauty.

Interesting. I have no idea how this stuff works. I guess I was thinking it would be like some of the clothing recolors where they replace one texture for another.

Oh, you know what, I'm thinking purely terrain paints. Wasn't even taking into consideration the backgrounds and public spaces. Nevermind. :blush:
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    One day we will have grass that grows and that you can mow once a week! And weeds to douse with poison or pluck not just from harvestables! And vines up the side of your sim house!

But until then...

behrpaint.jpg

or...

ghk-valspar-ultra-premium-interior-satin-finish-mdn.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    Okay! That's it! I need this game <3

If that's not good enough, half of the music is like goosebump inducing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt6SXWufYWM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hehnnWjCAj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDxMu6x2UZk

lol.. it really is the best collection of music I've ever heard in any video game.
  • Options
    AlorapopAlorapop Posts: 903 Member
    Oh my gosh this is terrible. The world is going to end. really people. I did not even notice the grass was that bad. personally I do not care. I play games with way worse graphics, and still enjoy them. Grass. stop being whiny babies, crying over grass is like crying over spilled milk.
    tumblr_mvvt2iJ33k1slamnjo1_400.gif
  • Options
    joancrawfordjoancrawford Posts: 88 Member
    Alorapop wrote: »
    Oh my gosh this is terrible. The world is going to end. really people. I did not even notice the grass was that bad. personally I do not care. I play games with way worse graphics, and still enjoy them. Grass. stop being whiny babies, crying over grass is like crying over spilled milk.

I couldn't agree more! It's just a game get over it! I think the graphics are actually pretty nice. I really love how vibrant and colorful the world looks.