Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now there is no Excuse....

Comments

• Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    I wonder why people so hastily click disagree when I present facts. When I get them game I am going to get first hand screenshots showing why the UI is smaller in TS4 than in TS3.
    (brb in a week).
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    Hold on everybody. I really need to understand something.

EA claims that the routing problem in Sims 4 has been fixed. And by fixed it probably means sims going into each other or into objects like couches etc. Ok this is not the ideal solution. I would want something better but we will get to this point later.

If you have seen one of the early first impression videos from PC gamer I think the guy clearly said that "don't expect any change in the routing! The sims still cannot find their way or block it". He also gave an example where he made the sim play a violin and he I think then cancelled his action and the sim then kept the violin in front of the door and blocked his way. The reviewer had to remove it or else the sim wont be able to get out of that room!!

If the clipping is the solution to routing problems why that sim did not get out of that room through the violin? I can accept one of the problems but I cannot accept two problems together.

I can accept the clipping if the routing problem is totally eliminated. Or I can accept routing problem if there is no clipping or at least very subtle and less frequent (Which does not seem to be right now), but to have both clipping as well as the routing problem this is not acceptable.

What do you say guys? Am I wrong?

I have also noticed this in previous youtube videos, I guess the clipping helps alot on not getting the stomping sims like we had in sims 3, but i don't think it will fix all items from blocking your sims paths... (I could be wrong though, we'll have to wait and see for that)

• Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    I wonder why people so hastily click disagree when I present facts. When I get them game I am going to get first hand screenshots showing why the UI is smaller in TS4 than in TS3.

This thread has become a magnet for the haters. About 10 of them flagged my earlier posts for no reason.

Don't let them get to you.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Hold on everybody. I really need to understand something.

EA claims that the routing problem in Sims 4 has been fixed. And by fixed it probably means sims going into each other or into objects like couches etc. Ok this is not the ideal solution. I would want something better but we will get to this point later.

If you have seen one of the early first impression videos from PC gamer I think the guy clearly said that "don't expect any change in the routing! The sims still cannot find their way or block it". He also gave an example where he made the sim play a violin and he I think then cancelled his action and the sim then kept the violin in front of the door and blocked his way. The reviewer had to remove it or else the sim wont be able to get out of that room!!

If the clipping is the solution to routing problems why that sim did not get out of that room through the violin? I can accept one of the problems but I cannot accept two problems together.

I can accept the clipping if the routing problem is totally eliminated. Or I can accept routing problem if there is no clipping or at least very subtle and less frequent (Which does not seem to be right now), but to have both clipping as well as the routing problem this is not acceptable.

What do you say guys? Am I wrong?

You are right.
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    This thread has become a magnet for the haters. About 10 of them flagged my earlier posts for no reason.

You get hated on because you're a total white knight who is willing to argue with even the slightest criticism in these forums.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    Let me put an EA spin on this... It's NOT clipping. TS3 suffered from a lot of routing errors. To prevent this in TS4, the Sims are now able to move through everything and anyone. It's not clipping; it's improved routing. :disappointed:

Seriously though, I wasn't concerned until the Sim started walking around in circles in the middle of the sofa. I mean, seriously?

Didn't Ryan say this exact thing on yesterday's video? Maybe I'm imagining things, but I thought for sure he said that, or something like that.

My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    nilaniusnilanius Posts: 1,984 Member
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

You get hated on because you're a total white knight who is willing to argue with even the slightest criticism in these forums.

There is nothing wrong with "White Knighting". It's when he got insulting and flamey that people like myself who are for Sims 4, were also getting flamed by him. That's probably why he was flagged a few times. Honestly, until he apologizes, I just wont pay any attention to his posts at all.
    tumblr_static_plumbob.gif
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    nilanius wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with "White Knighting". It's when he got insulting and flamey that people like myself who are for Sims 4, were also getting flamed by him. That's probably why he was flagged a few times. Honestly, until he apologizes, I just wont pay any attention to his posts at all.

Yeah they should just stop replying to him. At that point I'm not sure whether he is for real or not.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options

Apologize for what? I didn't flame you.

You people are pretending to be too sensitive to justify your actions.
  • Options

Ohh I get hated on for having a different opinion. Thanks for clearing that up ;)
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

Ohh I get hated on for having a different opinion. Thanks for clearing that up ;)

Yet you go all nerd rage on people who don't share the same opinion as you. Hypocritical much?

• Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Yeah they should just stop replying to him. At that point I'm not sure whether he is for real or not.

Yeah that's what I'd recommend to everyone. He seems to want the negative attention from everyone on both sides of the isle. Just don't give it to him.

My position is very clear. I am getting Sims 4. I am disappointed there wont be pools, toddlers, or basements. But the clipping, as long as the sims aren't getting stuck everywhere, I can live with the clipping. After all, I play an MMO where my chars pass through others, so I am used to that sort of stuff lol. And what I've seen of the game, it will run smoother than Sims 3 ever has for me. In a nutshell: I am Pro-Sims 4.
    My current feelings about The Sims 4. Here is hoping The Sims 5 can restore The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    Sc3niX wrote: »

Yet you go all nerd rage on people who don't share the same opinion as you. Hypocritical much?

1) I don't "go all nerd rage" on people who don't share the same opinion as me. You're falling into the same hyperbole trap as our dear original poster here.

2) I sure as heck don't flag their comments for abuse or ask others to flag their comments on my behalf all the while calling them a troll, jerk, a child, and demanding they leave the thread.

But you're blinded by your pure hatred of this game so you of course you ignore these things when other people who share your hatred engage in these tactics ;)
  • Options
    MckinneyMiniMckinneyMini Posts: 456 Member
    edited August 2014

Exactly!! I just ignore him because he is trying to get a rise out of people. There is a reason The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 posted about him the other day. You have been very kind to everyone even though you might disagree with some of us :-). I love that this thread has been mostly really positive. It has been so nice to see everyones views without people arguing, I really like it :-). Oh and let me know when you try the 8 sister challenge tghingy ;-).
  • Options

Exactly!! I just ignore him because he is trying to get a rise out of people. There is a reason The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 posted about him the other day. You have been very kind to everyone even though you might disagree with some of us :-).

Thank you, conversation and debate with you has been pretty pleasureful :)
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member

Come on now, you're in that other thread right now saying that "people don't react to fights in bars IRL" in a desperate attempt to defend the stepford Sims footage being criticized. I see that as evidence that you're just willing to be dishonest for the sake of defending this game. You also seem to always have like this dramatic choice of words in your arsenal as well. You beg to be hated on.

• Options

Exactly!! I just ignore him because he is trying to get a rise out of people. There is a reason The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 posted about him the other day.

Oh, you take the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 seriously.

Suddenly this all makes so much sense :p
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Exactly!! I just ignore him because he is trying to get a rise out of people. There is a reason The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 posted about him the other day. You have been very kind to everyone even though you might disagree with some of us :-).

Thank you, conversation and debate with you has been pretty pleasureful :)

Oops I added more to my post, but I think you responded before you say it haha and I agree :-).
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

1) I don't "go all nerd rage" on people who don't share the same opinion as me. You're falling into the same hyperbole trap as our dear original poster here.

2) I sure as heck don't flag their comments for abuse or ask others to flag their comments on my behalf all the while calling them a troll, jerk, a child, and demanding they leave the thread.

But you're blinded by your pure hatred of this game so you of course you ignore these things when other people who share your hatred engage in these tactics ;)

Please don't act like you know me. You don't know a thing about me. I point out flaws to the game and the difference between you and I is simple: You worship the game as pure perfection, i see the flaws in the game and point them out. There definitely are a lot of things that i like about the game, but its not enough to get me to invest in it. I don't dislike EVERYTHING about the game. Whereas you think EVERYTHING about the game is perfect.

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    Heads up we may have a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 spammer soon folks...another lolololol named user is floating around. So be ready.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Come on now, you're in that other thread right now saying that "people don't react to fights in bars IRL"

Why do I even bother with you people? Between the original poster here engaging in the most hyperbolest hyperbole I've ever seen and you just totally misrepresenting my comments.

I guess it's the smell of desperation for the naysayers :p
  • Options

Please don't act like you know me. You don't know a thing about me. I point out flaws to the game and the difference between you and I is simple: You worship the game as pure perfection, i see the flaws in the game and point them out. There definitely are a lot of things that i like about the game, but its not enough to get me to invest in it. I don't dislike EVERYTHING about the game. Whereas you think EVERYTHING about the game is perfect.

Ignore him kiddo, there is a reason his page has so many flags and dislikes. He has been trying to get a rise out of everyone on pretty much every single thread which is oh so sad. If you ignore It, IT will go away ;-).
  • Options

Hilarious. You tell me I don't know a thing about you and you then proceed to act like you know everything about me.

You naysayers get more humorous with each passing day.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    Come on now, you're in that other thread right now saying that "people don't react to fights in bars IRL"

Why do I even bother with you people? Between the original poster here engaging in the most hyperbolest hyperbole I've ever seen and you just totally misrepresenting my comments.

Didn't texting lag your game in TS3? Well, it's going to lag your game in TS4.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    bobyo2001 wrote: »

Didn't texting lag your game in TS3? Well, it's going to lag your game in TS4.

I thought they removed texting in Sims 4 to fix that lag issue?