Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you still buy it?

I tend to be curious type person. This discussion is to ask a question and give an analogy.

Say you wanted to buy a vase for 70 dollars.

Would you buy and pay the full price of a vase in this condition?
998.056%20Newport%20Vase%20jpg.jpg

What about if it had a few nicks and scratches but still useable. Would still pay the full price?

wf-vase-3.jpg

What about if it was cracked would you still buy it and at full price?

repair_KillenD_WfrdCrystalVase_beforeAft.jpg

What if it was shattered to pieces with parts missing, would you still buy the vase and at full price?

s12s.JPG

Okay, if you honestly replied to this, the next question I have for anyone is Why would you buy any of the damaged vases?
If you answered you wouldn't buy the damaged vases why?

If you that is your stance why would you buy sims 4 at full price knowing it has very visible bugs, some bugs lagging and crashing the game, along with lacking features due to very tight deadlines. If you wouldn't buy one product and hold the manufacturer accountable why would you buy the other and not hold the manufacturer accountable.

Comments

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Vases and games aren't comparable. Besides the Sims is the only viable life simulation game out there in this current generation.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    I dont buy anything damaged or missing pieces even from the goodwill
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2014
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    Vases and games aren't comparable. Besides the Sims is the only viable life simulation game out there in this current generation.

Yes they are, they're both products and regardless if they're defective or not even a small nicks or scratches the vase is still useable. Much like games that have bugs are still playable. So please answer the question fairly. Also no one is talking about the fact it's the only life simulator regardless what it is, it's still a product.
  • Options
    Anavastia wrote: »

Yes they are, they're both products and regardless if they're defective or not even a small nicks or scratches the vase is still useable. Much like games that have bugs are still playable. So please answer the question fairly.
    One is more noticeably effected when damaged compared to the other. I understand your comparison but I think a vase isn't the right one.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    winterclaritywinterclarity Posts: 183 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't buy vases, so my answer would be no. I buy games every year, and every single one of them has one bug, one glitch or freezes on me at some point. Games are not perfect. The coding probably isn't perfect and developers can't get everything done when they're slapped with a schedule.

Why I'm buying The Sims 4 (well I didn't my SO did)? Because I like what it has to offer and it looks enjoyable. That is it. I don't care about bugs, glitches or freezing. I play DCUO for 8 hours every week. I freeze/disconnect/glitch/get corrupted data at least 5 times out of those 8 hours. I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me. And no, I don't care about those "lacking features" because non of them are of no significant value to me.

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Nice analogy! I know I wouldn't buy the vace or the game. I don't throw my money away on crap.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    No, absolutely not. You want that price I expect way better. Then EP/SP buying an extra piece at a time for more money and hoping if one case the base to be even more FUBAR, that EA will fix it then when they never did truly fix TS3s issues. You've got to be kidding me. How was today supposed to impress me? I said it would take a miracle to get me to buy it, this put me off even more then before. >.>
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options

Yes they are, they're both products and regardless if they're defective or not even a small nicks or scratches the vase is still useable. Much like games that have bugs are still playable. So please answer the question fairly.
    One is more noticeably effected when damaged compared to the other. I understand your comparison but I think a vase isn't the right one.

However games are the same in noticeable comparison. Let me explain why. When games are play tested, demoed, reviewed, or gameplay show cased, you can't hide defects in the game. Unscripted gameplay shows everything. Much like a vase on display. The higher damages the more visible it is in the vase, the more visible it is in a game. So the questions still stand. Please be fair and answer the question, honestly. The analogy fits regardless of any product i choose to compare. I'm certainly not going to judge if you answer two different things. If you choose not to buy the vase but to buy the game a simple answer to why is all that I ask. Nothing more comes from me than that. I sense that you feel you'd be called out on your feelings. Really not right or wrong answer here to this.
  • Options
    camman1995camman1995 Posts: 900 Member
    A better analogy would be that the vase once had handles that were taken off with no visible damage except to those who like vases with handles (toddlers and pools). Or that the vase will occasionally float through your walls. :p
  • Options
    JULES1111 wrote: »
    Nice analogy! I know I wouldn't buy the vace or the game. I don't throw my money away on crap.

I would buy the nicked vase, and i have done so before but not at full price. Sometimes i need a vase for use and if the nick can be repaired by me or hidden i buy. So in that sense a few nicks in my game doesn't prevent me from buying that game. As many people do we find ways to fix it or work around it correct?

However something fully damaged i would not buy, i'd send it back to the manufacturer especially if it's missing pieces or you can tell it's rushed. So I'm curious at the different responses on how people think and feel about sims what they're willing to go through to make the games work or not. I know for sims 3 you should have seen how many times i had tried to fix it even when it wouldn't work at all for me. So i am just curious.
  • Options
    If you choose not to buy the vase but to buy the game a simple answer to why is all that I ask.
    Well you could barely use the vase while the game would still be playable. You could have some fun with it. That's my reason....
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hm. Sims 4 vs vases?
    Certainly an analogy which confuses me at this moment.
    I'd probably get the sims 4 anyway since, unlike that vase, if I dropped it it wouldn't shatter into a million pieces.

Edit: Well, I'd hope not.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    edited August 2014
    No because it's a vase, not a video game. Bad analogy.

It would make sense if you compared it to a sims 4 disk. Was the disk cracked, were pieces of the disk missing etc.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    If you choose not to buy the vase but to buy the game a simple answer to why is all that I ask.
    Well you could barely use the vase while the game would still be playable. You could have some fun with it. That's my reason....

See that wasn't so bad was it? Thanks for the reply.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I would not buy any of those vases.

I would buy sand, and make my own vase.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    mulboro wrote: »
    No because it's a vase, not a video game. Bad analogy.

It would make sense if you compared it to sims 4 disk. Was the disk cracked, were pieces of the disk missing etc.

Agree. As an art glass aficionado, it is not the same thing.

• Options

What do you mean that wasn't so bad? What are you talking about?? I always intended to reply but I'm in the middle of a PM now..... o.O
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    Hm. Sims 4 vs vases?
    I'd probably get the sims 4 anyway since, unlike that vase, if I dropped it it wouldn't shatter into a million pieces.

Technically if you dropped the sims 4 cd it could shatter, and could get deep scratches. Also this isn't one v.s. the other type thread. The analogy goes like this. At what level of damage to the game are you willing to accept. The same way in the vase at what level of damage are you willing to accept. That's the analogy.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    Very subtle.
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member

@EasyToRead;
    Sometimes I read your posts and think I agree with you. And then other times I have to wonder if you are just trying to antagonize. Either way you are a character! You make me chuckle.

kim :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options

What do you mean that wasn't so bad? What are you talking about?? I always intended to reply but I'm in the middle of a PM now..... o.O

Lol, nothing's meant by it other than thanks for the honest reply.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Hm. Sims 4 vs vases?

Technically if you dropped the sims 4 cd it could shatter, and could get deep scratches. Also this isn't one v.s. the other type thread. The analogy goes like this. At what level of damage to the game are you willing to accept. The same way in the vase at what level of damage are you willing to accept. That's the analogy.

Hah, I guess it would! XD
    By damage I guess you are talking about "missing" features? Imo it's not damaged at all. Flawed, but not damaged.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    I am still going to buy The Sims 4 because it looks fun to ME , and i'm sorry if you do not agree, but that is how I feel.