Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am getting my wisdom teeth pull out so hopful

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HatchlingHatchling Posts: 67 Member
    I had three removed on the bottom back in June so I know what you're going through. To be honest, it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone said it would be. Just be sure to follow all the instructions they give you (no straws, rinse with salt water 3 times daily, or as much as they say, and be kind to yourself). I think the worst part was the hunger. I was too paranoid to eat anything besides jello & chocolate pudding... sure those were good, but man I felt so hungry.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited August 2014
    I had all four pulled last Thursday! Apparently when I woke up I was hugging the nurses, thinking they were my sister saying "I love you", It was funny, then on the way home, I took my dads phone and recorded everything I said, I was really loopy and talkative. Too funny! Thank god my mom was not there! She was waiting at home for me :D I would have drove her crazy!

Don't be nervous! Once they put in the IV and give you the G.A, you will be out in 10 seconds max! Next thing you will be done and numb!

~Kaleb
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Hatchling wrote: »
    I had three removed on the bottom back in June so I know what you're going through. To be honest, it wasn't nearly as bad as everyone said it would be. Just be sure to follow all the instructions they give you (no straws, rinse with salt water 3 times daily, or as much as they say, and be kind to yourself). I think the worst part was the hunger. I was too paranoid to eat anything besides jello & chocolate pudding... sure those were good, but man I felt so hungry.

Me too, haha. I drank Ensure (protein drink) for the first two days.
  • Options
    I had all four pulled last Thursday! Apparently when I woke up I was hugging the nurses, thinking they were my sister saying "I love you", It was funny, then on the way home, I took my dads phone and recorded everything I said, I was really loopy and talkative. Too funny!

Don't be nervous! Once they put in the IV and give you the G.A, you will be out in 10 seconds max! Next thing you will be done and numb!

~Kaleb

I was terrified I'd be loopy and say weird things like that! But I guess I just reacted differently, no loopy-ness but apparently I woke up from anesthesia crying (which the nurse told my mom is actually really really common if you go under nervous...). I woke up in the car after about 10 minutes, had to spend the next two hours on the drive home awake, and didn't go back to sleep until early the next morning.

Also, OP, try to sleep sorta inclined, it really helps with the sorta 'throb' feeling from the pressure and all. If you have a recliner, use it. If you don't, like me, make a slope of pillows and blankets.
  • Options
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

My mom almost made me take that she was so worried about me! Was it gross?
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    AstroX1424 wrote: »

My mom almost made me take that she was so worried about me! Was it gross?
    It tasted like egg nog.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I had all four pulled last Thursday! Apparently when I woke up I was hugging the nurses, thinking they were my sister saying "I love you", It was funny, then on the way home, I took my dads phone and recorded everything I said, I was really loopy and talkative. Too funny!

~Kaleb

I was terrified I'd be loopy and say weird things like that! But I guess I just reacted differently, no loopy-ness but apparently I woke up from anesthesia crying (which the nurse told my mom is actually really really common if you go under nervous...). I woke up in the car after about 10 minutes, had to spend the next two hours on the drive home awake, and didn't go back to sleep until early the next morning.

Also, OP, try to sleep sorta inclined, it really helps with the sorta 'throb' feeling from the pressure and all. If you have a recliner, use it. If you don't, like me, make a slope of pillows and blankets.

I was just very hyper! Everyone thought I was going to be the crying person, but I was the opposite. Now we have it on video forever. Too funny!
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    This has me paranoid. I haven't gone to the dentist since mine starting breaking through the gums, but I have a feeling I'm going to need to get them pulled. I don't do well with dental work, but they always give you some nice painkillers to help out with the pain.
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    When you grab your simming snacks stock up on soft foods! I remember having mine out and while not pleasant at first I was so glad they were gone and couldn't cause me anymore trouble!! Good luck!
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy