Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 selling well

Hi everyone,

I've done a little research on Amazon to see how TS4 is doing and everything seems to be quite good. It's the #1 pc game in USA, Canada (in both American countries even a more expensive edition is leading), in Germany, UK, France and Japan. Even if you take the whole category "games" including playstation titles and technical equipment, TS4 is in the top 5 everywhere with one exception: In the US it's only #39.

I'm quite relieved that the base game has a good start, even if it may have a lot of weaknesses. I want many EPs and I want the series to survive!

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    Maybe we in the US know something that the others haven't realized, yet?

It's the computer age. US customers know just about the same as the rest of the world.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    Oh Yeah I also just remembered there haven't been any game reviews out there that would detour people from wanting to get the game as well. Game reviews do a lot as well!
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    Bokimbol wrote: »
    Also, a small percentage of people that buy the Sims actually come to these boards.
    So you're saying most people here will not buy the game? o.O
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    According to this website, it's also the #5 most pre-ordered game in the USA, only beaten by Destiny (PS4, XOne and X360) and The Order 1866.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    I'm quite relieved that the base game has a good start, even if it may have a lot of weaknesses. I want many EPs and I want the series to survive!
    It only survived this long because there hasn't been any major viable competition. If there was major competition and EA continued to produce half finished games... it would have been gone ages ago. That or they step up their game.

This is very true!
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    According to this website, it's also the #5 most pre-ordered game in the USA, only beaten by Destiny (PS4, XOne and X360) and The Order 1866.

I don't know specifics, but someone mentioned that the VgChartz number doesn't include digital pre-orders.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    It only survived this long because there hasn't been any major viable competition. If there was major competition and EA continued to produce half finished games... it would have been gone ages ago. That or they step up their game.

This is very true!
    The sad truth... :'(
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    dark5id3 wrote: »
    Maybe we in the US know something that the others haven't realized, yet?

Not even outside the US every time a new user joins the forums they always get surprised at what is missing in the game and even in the comments on youtube people are trying to say that others are lying about toddlers not being in the game and such. Who knows what EA hasn't told people outside of the US.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi everyone,

I've done a little research on Amazon to see how TS4 is doing and everything seems to be quite good. It's the #1 pc game in USA, Canada (in both American countries even a more expensive edition is leading), in Germany, UK, France and Japan. Even if you take the whole category "games" including playstation titles and technical equipment, TS4 is in the top 5 everywhere with one exception: In the US it's only #39.

LOL First let me say these list's are never accurate. They're number 1 for the week in preorder sales, but sims 4 isn't even out yet. That doesn't mean that it has a strong start at all. I've seen this happen all the time with the sims series on charts. You'll see the game hold the top slots until another big title comes out and then it makes it into the bottom sales.

What that means is say amazon only had 100 games sale that week. Sims had 65, Assassin Creed 20, Railroad tycoon 15. Then of course even with those minor sales sims is going to be in the top slot all over. What telling of the game isn't it's release it's over all sails speaks in volumes what's happening and if the game is doing well.

An example of that is sims 1 had 13 million in sales
    sims 2 16 millions
    sims 3 10 million

Wow that's a pretty big drop 6 million almost a little over 1/3 of sales dropped off there.
    Well when we do research we know why, bugs and too many problems.

Sims 4 we don't have data on and won't have for a while. So we'll have to wait to see if it actually will be a strong start and continue remain strong.
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    QDog wrote: »

I don't know specifics, but someone mentioned that the VgChartz number doesn't include digital pre-orders.

Didn't know that. I guess it can be used as a proxy anyway? :\
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Is it bad to say that I am actually really surprised at how well the game is selling. Possibly because there are a lot of people on the forums who complain about the game a lot. But who do actually still buy the game. Like myself.

Because they are just loud. They are in fact a minority. :)
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Hm, wondering how many will take advantage of Origin's 24 hour return deal then.

If EA is successfully selling an unfinished, stripped product by stealth, they can expect to reap the whirlwind just days after release when disappointed consumers make their feelings known. Remember the 'SimCity' backlash?
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Is it bad to say that I am actually really surprised at how well the game is selling. Possibly because there are a lot of people on the forums who complain about the game a lot. But who do actually still buy the game. Like myself.

Because they are just loud. They are in fact a minority. :)
    Yeah. I never once question the haters being in the minority despite all the rants and trolls.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    JohnConnor wrote: »
    Hm, wondering how many will take advantage of Origin's 24 hour return deal then.

If EA is successfully selling an unfinished, stripped product by stealth, they can expect to reap the whirlwind just days after release when disappointed consumers make their feelings known. Remember the 'SimCity' backlash?

EA have cut so many features from TS4 that I really hope it is at least finished now! After Island Paradise it can't get worse ... (can it?)

• Options
    lyralyra Posts: 420 Member
    It is interesting how the most vocal people for TS4 are less than .1% of the fandom. However with the SimCity release, there were so many vocal fans that EA added single player to multiplayer/online only, and gave players a free game to boot. So I wonder what the difference between the TS4 fandom and SimCity fandom is that they got what they wanted (single player) but the fans here aren't (toddlers, pools, CAST, etc.)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Then again EA doesn't really have to do much to get people to buy the sims 4. Once it hits the shelves and people see the green plumbob a lot of fans are going to buy it... Sad but its kind of true.