Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbitholes

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    midnightmonkey28midnightmonkey28 Posts: 594 New Member
    edited September 2009
    it is annoying how with the rabbit holes at the door there is sometimes a big crowd at the door tapping their feet waiting for one sim to go inside then waiting for the door to close again and then waiting another 15 game minutes for the person in front of them to go inside and repeatuntil your sim finally goes inside and then you have to wait for them to come out of the rabbit hole :evil:
    i once had believe it or not a big crowd of 17 sims at the door of the school and as a result they were all late and got bad grades my sim was at the back so it took forever :(this took a lot of realism out of the game it should all be fluent so this woulden't happen :xcome on EA fix this please :!:
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited September 2009
    it is annoying how with the rabbit holes at the door there is sometimes a big crowd at the door tapping their feet waiting for one sim to go inside then waiting for the door to close again and then waiting another 15 game minutes for the person in front of them to go inside and repeatuntil your sim finally goes inside and then you have to wait for them to come out of the rabbit hole :evil:
    i once had believe it or not a big crowd of 17 sims at the door of the school and as a result they were all late and got bad grades my sim was at the back so it took forever :(this took a lot of realism out of the game it should all be fluent so this woulden't happen :xcome on EA fix this please :!:

I suppose for locations like that they could make either multiple doors, or have it so that rather than being a DOOR that activates the rabbit whole, it is a tile. That way, they can all just walk in fluently, and just have a series of tiles set up inside (where nobody can see) and have all those sims disappear when they touch the tiles.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    good idea greatwallstr or better yet just open up the rabbit hole community locations lol :idea:
  • Options
    Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited September 2009
    They should have rabbitholes only for your sim's jobs. It's ridiculous that we cant see our sims eat or buy a book in this game.

Keep in mind some sims work at the restaurant and bookstore as well.

My thought about this: Yes, with rabbit holes it doesn't feel the same but at least I see why EA put them in the game.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    They should have rabbitholes only for your sim's jobs. It's ridiculous that we cant see our sims eat or buy a book in this game.

Keep in mind some sims work at the restaurant and bookstore as well.

My thought about this: Yes, with rabbit holes it doesn't feel the same but at least I see why EA put them in the game.

If anything, they made it easier for themselves when they make an Open for Business EP-- lol it's almost like a pun :lol:OPEN for Business will OPEN the rabbit holes... ok, cheesy joke, I know.

ANYWAY, yeah, they already have the foundation and the ability to work there, now if only you could interact in the workplace and see your sim, it would enhance the experience. Hopefully this can be done in the future with, like I said before, an Expansion of some sort. :D

Happy simming!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yes it would be Great GreatWallStr :idea: :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    yes it would be Great GreatWallStr :idea: :lol:

hehe we are so punny. :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude :!: :lol: 8)
  • Options
    torahjoytorahjoy Posts: 53 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Excuse me; I am new to Sims so please pardon what might seem as a dumb question. What do you mean by rabbit hole?
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    torahjoy wrote:
    Excuse me; I am new to Sims so please pardon what might seem as a dumb question. What do you mean by rabbit hole?

Don't worry, that's not a dumb question :D a rabbit hole is a location, such as the bistro, the book store, or the work places. You can see the outside of rabbit holes, but are unable to actually see inside them. This is a problem for some, since in TheSims2 shops and restaurants were open and people could easily interact with their sims, but now the sim just disappears into a building, and you interact with them from the outside.

:D hope I answered your question right. Happy simming!
  • Options
    torahjoytorahjoy Posts: 53 New Member
    edited September 2009
    torahjoy wrote:

Don't worry, that's not a dumb question :D a rabbit hole is a location, such as the bistro, the book store, or the work places. You can see the outside of rabbit holes, but are unable to actually see inside them. This is a problem for some, since in TheSims2 shops and restaurants were open and people could easily interact with their sims, but now the sim just disappears into a building, and you interact with them from the outside.

:D hope I answered your question right. Happy simming!
    Thank you very much, it does. I too enjoyed my Sims going to shops and restauants, the nightlife which included dancing. I also hope the "rabbitholes" open in the future to be enjoyed by all.
  • Options
    CyberSurferCyberSurfer Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 2009
    Why are you all so interested to see your Sims buying books, food and so forth? You never saw a stadium in The Sims 2 :/ Why would you need to in the Sims 3? You'll only get bored of it. The only issue is with the restaurant, because there are so many social interactions cut out because of it. But you cannot be serious in saying you actually want to see your Sims buy food, bubble bath, books and go to the day Spa? :S

No you never saw the stadium in The Sims 2... Your right on that.. HOWEVER.. you could go grocery shopping, clothing shopping, book/magazine shopping in The Sims 2.. and Frankly, I much preferred buying my sims outfits from stores, and having only the items I wanted in their dressers rather than having to sift through all the EAxis junk outfits that I'd never use.. I like being able to go down to the community store lots and maybe run into other sims that my sims could talk to, or catch up with.. rather than always having to either go to their house, invite them over to my sims house, or hang out on the sidewalk.. it sorta removes the "spontaneity" that real life has of runing into a "friend" down at a store and chatting with them...

Frankly, the other big problem I have with the rabbit holes is that I actually enjoyed building community businesses, like shops, restaurants, bowling alleys, etc.. I want those options back..

Also.. the Rabbit holes still have a impact on your game.. I hate to tell you this.. but those buildings are 3d objects, with faces/polygons and those still increase the overhead for rendering.. especially the ones that have actual room in them.. there's even more polygons there.. So in fact they aren't the rendering freebie that it seems is being implied by some of the posts in this thread... Frankly.. I'd rather have the option of customizing them, than some perceived savings in rendering overhead.. Those of you who have issues with slowdown/lag, I'm sorry but perhaps a computer upgrade might be a good idea... Modern games really do need modern computers.. And while Eaxis made it scalable, it's still going to have issues on older and/or less powerful hardware...
    The One, The Only, The Original..
    CyberSurfer
    The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Why are you all so interested to see your Sims buying books, food and so forth? You never saw a stadium in The Sims 2 :/ Why would you need to in the Sims 3? You'll only get bored of it. The only issue is with the restaurant, because there are so many social interactions cut out because of it. But you cannot be serious in saying you actually want to see your Sims buy food, bubble bath, books and go to the day Spa? :S

No you never saw the stadium in The Sims 2... Your right on that.. HOWEVER.. you could go grocery shopping, clothing shopping, book/magazine shopping in The Sims 2.. and Frankly, I much preferred buying my sims outfits from stores, and having only the items I wanted in their dressers rather than having to sift through all the EAxis junk outfits that I'd never use.. I like being able to go down to the community store lots and maybe run into other sims that my sims could talk to, or catch up with.. rather than always having to either go to their house, invite them over to my sims house, or hang out on the sidewalk.. it sorta removes the "spontaneity" that real life has of runing into a "friend" down at a store and chatting with them...

Frankly, the other big problem I have with the rabbit holes is that I actually enjoyed building community businesses, like shops, restaurants, bowling alleys, etc.. I want those options back..

Also.. the Rabbit holes still have a impact on your game.. I hate to tell you this.. but those buildings are 3d objects, with faces/polygons and those still increase the overhead for rendering.. especially the ones that have actual room in them.. there's even more polygons there.. So in fact they aren't the rendering freebie that it seems is being implied by some of the posts in this thread... Frankly.. I'd rather have the option of customizing them, than some perceived savings in rendering overhead.. Those of you who have issues with slowdown/lag, I'm sorry but perhaps a computer upgrade might be a good idea... Modern games really do need modern computers.. And while Eaxis made it scalable, it's still going to have issues on older and/or less powerful hardware...

Very true-- I also love making stores and community lots, and although you really can't buy outfits on TS1, I've played my friend's game (Sims 2) and I love going shopping on there. I also love going to restaurants to chat and hang out-- like in real life. :D I mean, if you say you're going to go "hang out" with friends, where's the MOST likely place you'd go?

To the art museum? to the gym? No, the most common meeting place is at RESTAURANTS :D I'm 90% sure EA is going to open up restaurants, seeing as how that would really make it more realistic and wouldn't be TOO hard (since you already have sims working at the restaurants, and if anything they could have NPCs come from the city with randomized personalities to fill in if you kill off the other employees, which I'm sure some players will do :lol: )
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    open up the rabbit holes please :xalso where im living we are having a dust storm and we were gone now EVERYTHING is covered in dust i just cleaned this computer enough so i can reply to this forum everything is covered in a THICK layer of dust :(

they should have dust storms in the sims 3 and have neat sims go crazy when this happens :twisted: