Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The sims 2 OFB.. help!

bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
So i just started playing the ofb part of the ultimate collection and im STUMPED.

Everytime a customer comes into my shop, i try and sell them something with the basic sell option and sometimes itll work, sometimes it wont. If it doesnt, i leave the customer alone. But when i do that, they lose a loyalty star! ugh, i cant win.

also, im selling BBQs and paintings [awesome combo, i know] at average markup.

Comments

• Options
    oh, my question is, why do they constantly lose loyalty? im at rank -2.
  • Options
    simsluvr90simsluvr90 Posts: 3,030 Member
    make sure the seller is in a good mood when they try to sell something
  • Options
    residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    What OS do you use? If you are using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, The Sims 2 has a ton of problems on it.
  • Options
    i have windows 7.
    i make sure theyre always in a good mood.

im surprised i never see a confused customer where the sim can ask if they can help them.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I pestered them with "basic sell" multiple times. It raises up and goes until they buy the item. Now if it goes down? Try raising your charisma skill (pretty sure it's that one) to prevent this in the future. Until you gain the badges, you'll probably get a few mad at you, but generally you also have ones that succeed.

Other tips I found: make sure you have enough cashiers to avoid wait lines, the building isn't massive to avoid them walking further, and that your employees are in good moods to ensure more loyalty gained.
  • Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited August 2014
    The basic sell is the weakest sale tactic (hence being called basic) so it's more likely to either fail or take several times to build up a customer's buy bar. Once you increase your sims sales badge they'll start unlocking new, stronger sales tactics that make it easier to sell items. Don't let customers just stand around staring at items though, keep using sale tactics again and again.

The most likely reason you're losing loyalty stars is because you aren't helping the customer as it sounds like you're using a sale tactic on them once and then letting them stand around on their own without any help, so they get frustrated with the lack of service.
    What OS do you use? If you are using Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, The Sims 2 has a ton of problems on it.

Depending on the computer itself, not so much the OS, yeah it can have problems, but they're all easy fixes and then it's smooth sailing.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    ConorsimConorsim Posts: 5,890 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't really think there's anything you're doing wrong, that's just the way Basic Sell works. It's tough at first - but it's meant to be. When your sim gains a bronze badge, it gets easier and easier.

Eventually, with the gold badge, your business is practically made and can never fail. Well, at least that's what it's like in my experience. The interaction Dazzle at gold badge level almost always works and almost always guarantees a star. I think it was only in 5 days that my business completely transformed thanks to this interaction. Sometimes though I do think it's too easy with Dazzle - I mean, once you have a gold badge sales assistant, just watch the stars roll in... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Wilderwolf wrote: »
    The basic sell is the weakest sale tactic (hence being called basic) so it's more likely to either fail or take several times to build up a customer's buy bar. Once you increase your sims sales badge they'll start unlocking new, stronger sales tactics that make it easier to sell items. Don't let customers just stand around staring at items though, keep using sale tactics again and again.

The most likely reason you're losing loyalty stars is because you aren't helping the customer as it sounds like you're using a sale tactic on them once and then letting them stand around on their own without any help, so they get frustrated with the lack of service.

Depending on the computer itself, not so much the OS, yeah it can have problems, but they're all easy fixes and then it's smooth sailing.
    ok so ive got the bronze badge and people are buying, and the basic sell is working, but im still not gaining stars. -.- i just see that darn negative sign beside the star above their heads. still at rank -2. all my sims have been at charisma lvl 10. yet it didnt make it easier imo to reach the bronze badge or acquire sales. :( sims will buy 2, 3 items so im not sure why i dont have anybody leaving with a positive star..

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    It depends on what kind of store you have. I've found that craftable items are usually hard to keep stocked unless you have a couple sims making them constantly. I usually start out with stores that sell in game items (like regular plants or TVs or computers or something). Sell only a couple of things at first making it easier to stock. Get used to how the home business work and then branch out from there.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    You could stalk the people who have negative loyalty and make them your friends. That might bring them by your shop and you could try again. I don't know if that will officially work, but it's something I would try :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    hihi122122 wrote: »
    You could stalk the people who have negative loyalty and make them your friends. That might bring them by your shop and you could try again. I don't know if that will officially work, but it's something I would try :sweat_smile:
    lmao! ill definitely try that. but i already have two sim friends who have a negative loyalty, BUT, i did ignore them all night cuz i didnt realize they were customers. i invited them over for dinner! jeez. xD
    It depends on what kind of store you have. I've found that craftable items are usually hard to keep stocked unless you have a couple sims making them constantly. I usually start out with stores that sell in game items (like regular plants or TVs or computers or something). Sell only a couple of things at first making it easier to stock. Get used to how the home business work and then branch out from there.
    yeah i was selling BBQS and paintings, but i think im gonna try a service. like a restaurant, hair styling or bakery xD
  • Options
    Haha :D I definitely invested in the open/close sign...only kept it open when sims were in complete work mode -- employees would get cranky...not work...cause me more problems...so I'd just close the store. My shops always had the absolute weirdest hours, since I opened late, had a siesta, stayed open late, then would randomly open at 2am from time to time.
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    It also helps if you chat with the customers.

You can use the telephone to hire help. I usually try to hire sims with, at least, silver badges in re-stocking and cashiering. Once them come to work, assign them their duties. It leaves your sim free to talk to the customers and WOW them.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    crzy_gal_101crzy_gal_101 Posts: 1,856 Member
    I play the sims 2 uc on my windows 8.1 computer and my business runs fine, I'm currently at rank 3 with my current household.

Official Katy Perry Sim: http://goo.gl/Vxo3Be
  • Options
    Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    Also, it depends on how much money they have. They can't buy stuff if they are broke. ;)