Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you a micro manager or let your Sims do what they please?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    tiffedge76tiffedge76 Posts: 117 Member
    I am all about the free will. I actually like seeing what they will do and I often enjoy when something occurs that I did not expect like a new baby on the way or a break up, job loss..etc.. it helps me to sort of run with it and gives me new ideas, and helps my neighbourhood stories.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SophieClaire_8SophieClaire_8 Posts: 145 Member
    It depends. Sometimes I like to micro manage my Sims, and other times I like to sit back and watch what my Sims get up to without my guidance >:)
    Origin ID: SophieClaire_8
    Tumblr: sophieclaire8-blog.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ejwlover203ejwlover203 Posts: 57 Member
    I usually only micro manage my founder sim or the heir and let the others do as they please. In the Sims 3 it was more difficult with sims who didn't understand how to use a bathroom properly lol. I'm hoping in the sims 4 it'll be a little easier. :)
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Micromanager; if they're not queued, they are wasting their time. The only exception are exclusively autonomous actions, like TS2's sponge bath, in which case I'll try to engineer the situation so that's the only 'autonomous' action the sim will make.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    Micro manager. I never let my sims do what they want.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    A micro manager for sure. But sometimes I turn the free will on because Sims tend to do funny things from time to time and I've got the feeling that in The Sims 4 they will do even funnier things. I'll certainly enjoy this new installment in The Sims series.
  • Options
    GainjaGainja Posts: 167 Member
    I don't want to be a micromanager, but the thing is, even with Free Will (Who's Will and why does he need freeing?) turned on these sims are just too slow for my liking. They'll be standing around holding their crotch with a pained face before they think "Hey, why don't I go use the loo?" and then when they actually get there they'll be standing around yelling for my attention because another sim has gotten stuck in the doorway.

So I guess I pretty much just micromanage.
  • Options
    PkrDlr81PkrDlr81 Posts: 14 New Member
    I am definitely a micro manager when it comes to TS3. Since I started re-playing TS2, I've found myself relaxing a bit and letting them have a little bit of freedom, but I do still manage them more than I let them run amok. Especially when I feel like they're making bad decisions.
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    It depends on what I want to be happening with that sim. If I'm concentrating on doing something with one sim, sometimes I'll just let the others do whatever
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    Freewill on high, always. I guide them a little, but I love seeing what they get up to on their own.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    Alexxa991Alexxa991 Posts: 64 Member
    I love to watch Sims running around and doing stuff they want. I usually comand them to make a meal, to study or if I see that they need to go to bathroom.
    rrrr.jpg
    English is not my first language
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Free will! I set things up like a job or try for baby... a few other things now and then like pay the bills or repair something, but mostly let them call the shots. Other exceptions being if I am using a builder sim to work on a garden or whatever.

I've gotten some great surprises with free will. I've found that my sims take care of everyday things like the laundry and some will teach the toddlers to walk. Biggest surprise is having a sim leave the house on his own accord to hang out at the local consignment shop or go to the beach and read a book. Had one go to a bar and play pool without me directing him at all.

So this time around I will definitely be allowing my sims to call most of the shots as well. If only they could be smart enough to pay their own bills on time or fix broken things or have babies just because...
  • Options
    immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    I tend to micromanage, but not because I actually prefer to. I do it because my Sims are just too stupid to live. Every time I let them go and do as they wish, they get themselves killed or fired or taken by social services or something equally irritating. I left free will on and came back to my Sim daughter being married, my Sims son had a baby with no mother in sight and the Sim mother died in a house fire and the Sim father had peed all over the place and was near death from starvation when I came back. Or I'd let 'em go and just watch and they'd do the same thing over and over again with no regard to their needs. Poor little dingbats need guidance.