Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyeye.it: Preview Video (10 minutes)

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Kamb64 wrote: ยป
    Thank you for posting this Zerbu! It makes me wonder why they have to sit down to talk? I mean he just met that guy in the park, and what he was hey come sit with me? Don't think so. Lol I can't wait for the lets play videos to come out. Hoping for some interesting gameplay finally.

Well normally when you meet people it's sitting down at a table, bench, bus stop etc.

Most people don't approach you in the street and say Hi :|
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Great video! Thanks for posting!
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Thank you for posting this Zerbu! It makes me wonder why they have to sit down to talk? I mean he just met that guy in the park, and what he was hey come sit with me? Don't think so. Lol I can't wait for the lets play videos to come out. Hoping for some interesting gameplay finally.

Well normally when you meet people it's sitting down at a table, bench, bus stop etc.

I honestly never thought about it that way. I was getting a little annoyed by how everyone sat down to talk, but this makes sense. I'll have to see how it plays out in the game to see if I get used to it or not.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

Really? People introduce themselves to others while standing. And if you say hi to someone while standing, you're not necessarily going to just sit down with them all of a sudden. :smile:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I absolutely hate the interior lighting. Why are all the rooms so dark? The gameplay looks fun but the lighting bugs me so much.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I absolutely hate the interior lighting. Why are all the rooms so dark? The gameplay looks fun but the lighting bugs me so much.

It's weird. I wonder if it's the same in all worlds, or if there's a way to adjust it.

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member

Maybe it was because the guy was an elder. I know if someone comes up to me when I'm walking and wants an extended conversation, I'll look for someplace to sit after awhile; I get tired, conservation of energy and all that. Of course, I'd never engage in conversation like that with a stranger, but I'm not a Sim.
  • Options
    Batman82497Batman82497 Posts: 365 Member
    Thanks for sharing I enjoyed this
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Nice video! I love the old guy at the end. He's a very realistic looking elder. Overall, it seems like the sims themselves look better, but Sims 3 has the edge on the way the world looks. The gameplay looks fun, though.

Youtube videos of sims games mess with my head. I keep trying to rotate the scene to see something outside the frame
    . :/

So glad I'm not the only one who has the urge to do that! LOL

I also think that the general aesthetic of TS3's world was better. The TS4 sims look nice, though.

I kept trying to rotate or zoom out as well....I think everyone must do that watching the videos.
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    Thanks for posting this. Loved it! I do have to admit that I did the same as some of you and tried to rotate or move the camera :p Everytime I watch a sims video!
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    I end up yelling at them in my head for their constant zooming out issues. If you want to show me the area, why not take the sim there instead of popping out and in several times? It gets a little disorienting.
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for posting this gameplay video, Zerbu!

It does look like a lot of free-roaming is possible though the neighbourhood, a lot more than I was expecting. Another positive feature was that we say how the Gardening skill worked, though from the English Simmer's vid, it apparently isn't confined to planter boxes. The neighbourhood limits seemed restricted - but elaborately disguised by unplayable houses backing onto them. The nightclub did look pretty thinly populated and this isn't the first I've seen like that on game play vids - but no big deal to me. I've heard it reported elsewhere that you can get <20 on a lot, more than enough to fill up a nightclub.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    KeyserFnKeyserFn Posts: 1,424 Member
    Hopefully this doesn't come off the wrong way but the old guy talking to the blond dude inthe park reminds me of Mr.Migi{sp} from Karate Kid
    b96a6288-80b2-4a90-b4f2-d0ff50a849e2.jpg~original

Origin gtgirl1999
    twitter @gtgirl_99
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    Zerbu wrote: ยป

Thanks for sharing the video.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited August 2014
    @alexspoom13 I absolutely hate the interior lighting. Why are all the rooms so dark? The gameplay looks fun but the lighting bugs me so much.

There was an option to control the lighting. He made it darker so it was more like a Nightclub.

You see him controlling how light the room was.
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    That was really good!
  • Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Posts: 113 Member

It does look like a lot of free-roaming is possible though the neighbourhood, a lot more than I was expecting. Another positive feature was that we say how the Gardening skill worked, though from the English Simmer's vid, it apparently isn't confined to planter boxes.

I thought I remembered that as well, glad I might not be crazy! Of course, I actually think the planters are really cute, and I'll probably end up using them frequently anyway!
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2014
    Alot of things look great about the new gardning system but I dont like that we have to use planters.

You're not required to use them, you can also plant directly onto the grass..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnCYAEl4-To&amp;list=UUnyPWxv2L9HpZ9eJpo_AR4A
  • Options
    evclm6evclm6 Posts: 458 Member
    Thanks for posting the video, I really enjoyed it!
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    Thank you, Zerbu, for posting. Interesting. Some of the game play scenarios were familiar. Did I see a bird snatch away one of the seeds that had been planted. I couldn't find it a second time.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    Every gameplay video i've seen of the nightclub has looked like that...day or night. Honestly they don't seem much better than sims 3. Farily empty and all the interactions seem awkward and little clunky. I'm not impressed
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member

I have had people come up to me and while standing , have some conversation. It happens. Maybe not to you, but it does happen. Not everyone sits to chat. Not everyone whom you have just met wants to go sit with you. Just my opinion. :)
  • Options
    ThoddyEAThoddyEA Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2014

It does look like a lot of free-roaming is possible though the neighbourhood, a lot more than I was expecting. Another positive feature was that we say how the Gardening skill worked, though from the English Simmer's vid, it apparently isn't confined to planter boxes.

I thought I remembered that as well, glad I might not be crazy! Of course, I actually think the planters are really cute, and I'll probably end up using them frequently anyway!

You don't have to use planters. There was/is a Creators Camp video where a Sim planted stuff right on the grass.

Post edited by ThoddyEA on
    This poster is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member

I sit on a park bench even if someone else is there and often end up talking to them, this is pretty normal lol

My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited August 2014
    One thing I noticed is that there are times when it appears the simmer was tilting the camera, not just moving back and forth or around. I had heard that there was no ti-lt for the camera, but it seems based on this video that that news might have been incorrect? Anyone else notice that or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

edit: for some reason, the forum bleeped ti-lt.
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png