Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ever feel a little selfish

Comments

• Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    As always, it's up to you. You don't have to share. Don't feel silly about it.
    You should only feel silly if you download a lot...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    No I actually hardly ever download. I am addicted to making sims..lol. But I have downloaded a few if they are different.
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited August 2014
    Lol I do this all the time with the homes I build. The main reason I don't upload them though is because I use a lot of CC and don't like the idea of uploading a home unless it is CC free.
  • Options
    simmey1simmey1 Posts: 580 Member
    I will say the few i have downloaded always seemed to come with some crazy CC.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    simmey1 wrote: »

I worry more about getting CC with Sims than lots - which is primarily the reason that I don't download Sims from the exchange. Although I don't download lots either unless it specifies CC free.

It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I share if I'm really proud, or if my husband wants to play the same sims I am. Otherwise, eh. I don't download sims either :P
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    I have shared the sims I have made in the demo...but....I would hate to see them in a video or pics where someone else is actually using them.
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I worry more about getting CC with Sims than lots - which is primarily the reason that I don't download Sims from the exchange. Although I don't download lots either unless it specifies CC free.

Yup I usually download all of my CC from other sites like TSR or Modthesims because I don't have no clue where everyone else got theirs!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I shared a Sim I created years ago during my Sims2 days. However, I didn't pay attention to whom had created the cc for Sims. Later on, there was a thread about how people were recklessly creating Sims using others' hard created custom content and then passing it off as their own creations. :o I was mortified, to say the least. I wasn't attempting to take credit that wasn't mine. I couldn't recall what was cc, since I didn't and haven't used skins to give the actual creator the credit, as I would do now. So, no, I generally DON'T share my Sims, but then, again I only download lots and not Sims. Especially in Sims3.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited August 2014
    I share almost all of my sims (there have been some i haven't but that's not to be selfish that's because they have been born as a part of something I am personally doing with one of the pre made families and they wouldn't have been able to be downloaded to be used as part of the same family in some one else's game)

For example, i aged up Bob & Betty and made them have children, the first child was Brandi (obviously) but i also chose to give Brandi a brother called Robbie, and then when Brandi grew up she would go on to marry Skip Broke and have 3 sons as their first 3 children - Dustin & Beau and the 3rd (is who Brandi was pregnant with in TS2) who i named Oscar and i have also given them a daughter named Harriet (i am still playing this family and continuing to add to it) - and as an extension to that family i split up Mags & Robert and Fatima and Vadim and switched their partnering putting Fatima with Robert and Mags with Vadim - these new parings each had 1 child each Fatima and Robert had Thomas while Mags and Vadim had Marina and since their family ties were not connected Thomas and Marina went on to marry and had their own children Rosie and Marcus. Robbie (Brandi's brother) married Laurel Grisby and had a daughter named Ashley and Robbie would later go on to cheat on Laurel with Marisol Lobos and they would have a son called Rogerio, he has just got back with Laurel after a very messy divorce and she is pregnant again

This family has just been something i've been doing as a personal thing, it's not that I wouldn't share them just don't think they can be used as well if they are downloaded as they could if people made and built up their own Newbie/Broke/Simovitch family, but this is really the only time I don't share my Sims as I don't really tend to make too many plans with my Sims that I make, and if I do I don't tend to mind others using my sims in other ways that do not fit in with my own views of them, it doesn't take away the enjoyment I get out of my own Sims and if my creations bring joy to someone else's game I am happy.

As for downloading creations others have made, i only do this with those i am sure haven't used CC as I have been stung with sims who have CC in them, they tend to destroy my game and someone pointed out that many people who upload sims with CC put all kinds of junk in with them and don't care if they ruin the fun for those who download, so i am careful who i download from now, and as a rule I will not upload sims with CC in them as i don't wish to be responsible for ruining someone's game like i've had happen to me!
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not very good at making Sims. I make them and realize that they all look eerily similar. That's why I don't populate my towns with my creations. I have downloaded Sims on TS2, back when it was a little safer to use CC, and even then there were only a handful of players that I trusted to play test them and be sure they didn't cause some weird glitch. In TS3 a few awesome, sweet TS friends made some especially for me and they made sure they weren't riddled with CC. I stink at making houses as well. My TS3 Secret Santa last year made a lovely house for me and I still play that more than any of the other houses. I don't use CC anymore (not since the dreaded doll scare) and the only MODs I use are Twallan's, and that's just to keep the game playable for me. I do so love looking at other players creations though.
  • Options
    MissHoney118MissHoney118 Posts: 1,403 Member
    EasyToRead wrote: »
    For the people who won't share their Sims, do you also download other people's Sims? It's slightly greedy if you do both. :dizzy_face:
    I don't download sims, houses, worlds or anything else from other simmers (except CC and mods). For some reason it feels weird having it in my game.
    23u1xdu.gif
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Most of the sims I have created are available for everybody to download. There are a couple who aren't though, which are for my own personal use.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    There are a few sims that I don't share, but it is more because I don't feel like they belong to me than because I want to keep them for myself. These are the sims that were inspired by my friends and family or by their characters in other games. Even if I made these sims, I don't feel like they are mine to share because the original concept belongs to someone else that is close to me.

I don't have this problem with popular characters or famous people, I want to show mine to other simmers and know if they think they look like the real deal.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    I have shared the sims I have made in the demo...but....I would hate to see them in a video or pics where someone else is actually using them.

Can I ask why you feel that way? Does it feel less personal or something? I'm just curious because I would love to see people using sims I have made so I can see other players interpretations on how my sims would live their lives.
  • Options
    Tensai_ZooTensai_Zoo Posts: 109 Member
    Do you ever make a sim that you like so much, that you worked so hard on that you just dont want to send them to the exchange? Sometimes I just want to keep them to myself. lol

Actually the opposite is the case. When i make a Sim i am proud of. It's a must for me to share her/him.

• Options
    joneswkjoneswk Posts: 270 Member
    I don't feel selfish at all. The gallery itself does not entail that I must share any or all of my sims, neither does anybody uploading anything. Also, since there aren't a limited number of downloads for items in the gallery it's neither selfish nor greedy to download as many as I want.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    I never put Sims on the Exchange.
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    Nah, that's not selfish. You share the sims you want to share.

I'm sort of the opposite though. I tended to only share sims I was particularly proud of in TS3 because it was such a hassle to do so, but I think I'll share a lot more now that it's so easy.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    edited August 2014
    joneswk wrote: »
    I don't feel selfish at all. The gallery itself does not entail that I must share any or all of my sims, neither does anybody uploading anything. Also, since there aren't a limited number of downloads for items in the gallery it's neither selfish nor greedy to download as many as I want.
    If you didn't make any worth sharing, I wouldn't see a problem. If you do, it's a bit iffy. If everyone had that mindset, the gallery won't be as thriving.
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    aware210aware210 Posts: 151 Member
    I share everything. Who am I to deny the masses what they want? Lol jk, but really I have no problems sharing sims with other people.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    No, I can't say that I have. If I really like a Sim that much, I imagine others might want to play them too.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    I never downloaded sims before (except this time I'll have to to get the Goth family!) and I only recall uploading my sim self once. I have been uploading a few sims to the gallery for people that watch me on YouTube to download.
  • Options
    maggidestomaggidesto Posts: 240 Member
    I shared a few sims in my Sims 3 studio, but I like to go back and check they're not being abused by anyone...except me o:)
  • Options
    tthessims3tthessims3 Posts: 76 Member
    Do i feel selfish all the time do i care not really 0.o
    [img][/img]89acae44-52a8-4ad6-b22c-4e385de70f9e_zps85d71323.jpg