Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I thought you couldn't walk around with babies?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    averee90 wrote: »
    What we can do remains to be seen. The over flow of cons seems to drowning out what abilities actually exist in game. I would like to think there is more interaction between parents and babies.

True.

More interactions > The ability to leave Babies on the ground.

I'd much rather leave them on the ground for hours, as opposed to having them glued to a frickin' crib. JMO. To each their own.

Who leaves a newborn baby on the ground for hours though. So realistic.

I mean washing them in a sink I could understand wanting, but leaving them on the kitchen floor or in the hallway? Yeah no.

So many things in the game are not realistic like vanishing right in front of the doorstep when a sim going to work!! why are you guys just giving excuses for EA's laziness? I love many things in this game but I cannot justify everything. Please do not use the realistic excuse. The game was rushed and it is known by everybody.

I suspect EA added the objectified babies right after the toddlers announcement reactions!! they have seen people angry so rushed and made these plastic babies

I'm getting tired of the realism excuses too. Like a expectancy of 100% realism is the only reason anyone would want toddlers.

53603493.jpg

Your misunderstanding realism in the Sims world and realism in the real world.

I'm talking about the realism in the Sims world where if you don't talk to your child a Social worker comes, yet you can abuse your baby and lave it on the floor and it's acceptable.

That's an imbalance of realism within the world inside The Sims.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    babies tied to the crib is not a good justification for leaving them on floor!! This is absolutely not the alternative. And I'm certain EA did not make them that way due to that.

If EA wanted to prevent babies from being kept on the ground they could do some coding to it. Babies are objects? there are certain objects that cannot be placed on the ground. A computer is one example. It cannot be placed on the ground. Which means EA can do it.

The babies were rushed in Sims 4, they were not tied to the crib because they wanted to prevent the sims from putting them on the ground. They were just rushed. Like many other things in the game.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    What we can do remains to be seen. The over flow of cons seems to drowning out what abilities actually exist in game. I would like to think there is more interaction between parents and babies.

True.

I'd much rather leave them on the ground for hours, as opposed to having them glued to a frickin' crib. JMO. To each their own.

I mean washing them in a sink I could understand wanting, but leaving them on the kitchen floor or in the hallway? Yeah no.

So many things in the game are not realistic like vanishing right in front of the doorstep when a sim going to work!! why are you guys just giving excuses for EA's laziness? I love many things in this game but I cannot justify everything. Please do not use the realistic excuse. The game was rushed and it is known by everybody.

I suspect EA added the objectified babies right after the toddlers announcement reactions!! they have seen people angry so rushed and made these plastic babies

They are stating their opinion on the game,stop downplaying them and making them look bad because you disagree with EA. to each their own and as it should be. All the finger pointing will some day end in losing them.

I dont disagree with EA or with anybody else. I agree or disagree on how things are done or treated.
    I don't belong to any camp where this game is concerned.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    babies tied to the crib is not a good justification for leaving them on floor!! This is absolutely not the alternative. And I'm certain EA did not make them that way due to that.

If EA wanted to prevent babies from being kept on the ground they could do some coding to it. Babies are objects? there are certain objects that cannot be placed on the ground. A computer is one example. It cannot be placed on the ground. Which means EA can do it.

The babies were rushed in Sims 4, they were not tied to the crib because they wanted to prevent the sims from putting them on the ground. They were just rushed. Like many other things in the game.

Actually it's easier for EA to just allow Sims to leave them on the ground, than to program them to go back to the crib. Just like it's more to program a Sim to put the plate of food on the nearest bench, rather than to place it on the ground where they are standing.

There are also more interactions with babies, which means animators spent more time working on them. Even when they lay down, they are moving. Which takes more time.

Wheras in The Sims 3 there are small amounts of animations, and the only part of the Sim that exists is it's head.

So this whole thing "EA is lazy" when they would had to have spent more time working on them is ridiculous. If you don't know about programming, don't conclude EA are lazy.
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member
    Wow you actually want to put your babies on the floor? I don't really understand why you would want to do that but okay, I hated when my sims did that crap. I could see if you meant like to play or something but just putting your baby down and then walking away, and actually liking that your sims just leave their babies on the floor in random places like a toy. I guess it's like they said, to each their own, it's just hard to believe.
  • Options

True.

They are stating their opinion on the game,stop downplaying them and making them look bad because you disagree with EA. to each their own and as it should be. All the finger pointing will some day end in losing them.

I dont disagree with EA or with anybody else. I agree or disagree on how things are done or treated.

Neither do I, I've said multiple times that I don't like or hate the Sims 4. It just exists in my mind. I bout it on Origin so that if I think it's boring I'll refund it.

I never just jumped to The Sims 3. So I'm not going to jump to The Sims 4 unless it's good. So far neither The Sims 3 or Sims 4 is anywhere close to the greatness of The Sims 2.
  • Options
    deibreak wrote: »
    Wow you actually want to put your babies on the floor? I don't really understand why you would want to do that but okay, I hated when my sims did that crap. I could see if you meant like to play or something but just putting your baby down and then walking away, and actually liking that your sims just leave their babies on the floor in random places like a toy. I guess it's like they said, to each their own, it's just hard to believe.

EXACTLY!

I agree our Sims should be able to walk around with them, but the fact they have to return them to a crib is an improvement, rather than treating them like a plate of food and leaving them on the ground.
  • Options

Actually it's easier for EA to just allow Sims to leave them on the ground, than to program them to go back to the crib. Just like it's more to program a Sim to put the plate of food on the nearest bench, rather than to place it on the ground where they are standing.

There are also more interactions with babies, which means animators spent more time working on them. Even when they lay down, they are moving. Which takes more time.

Wheras in The Sims 3 there are small amounts of animations, and the only part of the Sim that exists is it's head.

So this whole thing "EA is lazy" when they would had to have spent more time working on them is ridiculous. If you don't know about programming, don't conclude EA are lazy.

Your first paragraph is in full contradiction with the last para!!

You say it is EASIER for EA to just allow sims to leave babies on ground then you go on to say EA is not lazy!!
    The game is rushed!! EA could work on coding of the babies right from the Sims 2 but they did not do it and continued the same with Sims 3.

giphy.gif
  • Options

You say it is EASIER for EA to just allow sims to leave babies on ground then you go on to say EA is not lazy!!
    The game is rushed!! EA could work on coding of the babies right from the Sims 2 but they did not do it and continued the same with Sims 3.

It's not a contradiction at all.

It's easier for EA to allow Sims to leave babies on the ground, so the fact they force your Sims to return the babies to the crib is more programming work.

EA worked more on babies in The Sims 4 than in The Sims 3. So it's an improvement overall, although I agree we should be able to walk around with them.
  • Options

True.

Neither do I, I've said multiple times that I don't like or hate the Sims 4. It just exists in my mind. I bout it on Origin so that if I think it's boring I'll refund it.

I never just jumped to The Sims 3. So I'm not going to jump to The Sims 4 unless it's good. So far neither The Sims 3 or Sims 4 is anywhere close to the greatness of The Sims 2.

I agree with you in that. Sims 2 still holds itself as the best sims game. Lets see how Sims 4 will turn out once we all play it. I hope at least it will be a better sims game than 3
    giphy.gif
  • Options

No I don't want my sim baby on floor but at the same time I dont want my sim baby to be leashed like a dog to something!! EA could do more programming to prevent babies from being kept on the floor. But they did not have time! they barely have any time now. Which gets us to the same point that these babies were rushed.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    But this solution is a jump forward, than leaving your baby on the ground. There should be a balance of both. Not one or the other. But this the better option.

I wouldn't call it a jump forward, or a better option. They could have programmed babies to only be placeable in the bassinet, while still being able to carry them around. Instead they chose to make babies an object with needs. The developers who programmed how the babies work must not be parents, otherwise they would know that babies require a lot of attention. Attention they don't get by spending all of their time strapped to a bassinet. All they did here was take an easy route to skimp on creating more animations, and save time.
  • Options
    FertieSimsFertieSims Posts: 162 Member
    This gave me so much hope until I saw the first comment.
    gifney2.gif
  • Options

It's easier for EA to allow Sims to leave babies on the ground, so the fact they force your Sims to return the babies to the crib is more programming work.

EA worked more on babies in The Sims 4 than in The Sims 3. So it's an improvement overall, although I agree we should be able to walk around with them.

Yea which means they DONT want to put more effort into them. which means they will resort to the easiest way it could be done even if it is not the right way of doing it. Keeping babies on floor or tieing them to a crib are both the easier way that EA had to use. they dont want to allocate time in working at them. both actions are inexcusable
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    JasumiJasumi Posts: 521 Member

Even though I agree with some of what you're saying, you are taking jackjack's argument completely out of context to somehow come to that conclusion. As amusing as this discussion may be to read through, it's turning into nothing more than a fight at this point. Why waste your time arguing with other simmers when you could be directing these complaints to EA? JackJack_k is not a punching bag. >.<
  • Options
    Jasumi wrote: »

Even though I agree with some of what you're saying, you are taking jackjack's argument completely out of context to somehow come to that conclusion. As amusing as this discussion may be to read through, it's turning into nothing more than a fight at this point. Why waste your time arguing with other simmers when you could be directing these complaints to EA? JackJack_k is not a punching bag. >.<

LOL this is not a fight but a discussion of different point of views !!
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    deibreakdeibreak Posts: 386 Member

No I don't want my sim baby on floor but at the same time I dont want my sim baby to be leashed like a dog to something!! EA could do more programming to prevent babies from being kept on the floor. But they did not have time! they barely have any time now. Which gets us to the same point that these babies were rushed.

Sorry I should have clarified, I was commenting more towards what averee wrote.
    I'd much rather leave them on the ground for hours, as opposed to having them glued to a frickin' crib. JMO. To each their own.[/quote]

That was what inspired my comment.
  • Options

Yea which means they DONT want to put more effort into them. which means they will resort to the easiest way it could be done even if it is not the right way of doing it. Keeping babies on floor or tieing them to a crib are both the easier way that EA had to use. they dont want to allocate time in working at them. both actions are inexcusable

They did put more effort into babies. They could have just done more with them.
    It's an improvement over The Sims 3. But they still need to do more with them.

EA either treat a baby like an object, or make it unable to leave an object. They need to balance both.
  • Options
    kitsunekyokokitsunekyoko Posts: 177 Member

True.

I'm getting tired of the realism excuses too. Like a expectancy of 100% realism is the only reason anyone would want toddlers.

53603493.jpg

I'm talking about the realism in the Sims world where if you don't talk to your child a Social worker comes, yet you can abuse your baby and lave it on the floor and it's acceptable.

I don't misunderstand realism. I'm sick of hearing about it. I don't want toddlers for realism, in my case it's for the loss for game play options and interactions. Every time it comes up it's all about realism. Do some people want them for realism? Yes. Everyone? No. There's people that care about game play or even people that just care because they have lost a feature.

Why'd I put the meme, because the complaint about toddlers missing was a complaint about how EA rushed the game and the rebuttals were about realism. That's not my own expectations of what reality is or how the game is, it's frustration of the reality of this forum.
  • Options

True.

53603493.jpg

I don't misunderstand realism. I'm sick of hearing about it. I don't want toddlers for realism, in my case it's for the loss for game play options and interactions. Every time it comes up it's all about realism. Do some people want them for realism? Yes. Everyone? No. There's people that care about game play or even people that just care because they have lost a feature.

Why'd I put the meme, because the complaint about toddlers missing was a complaint about how EA rushed the game and the rebuttals were about realism. That's not my own expectations of what reality is or how the game is, it's frustration of the reality of this forum.

You're confusing yourself. That's not what I said at all.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Rflong7

You survived okay then :D Hope it wasn't as bad as you thought and you get some great R&R :D
  • Options
    jbrechaejbrechae Posts: 142 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not jumping for joy that the babies are tied to bassinets at all. But I think the fact that its a bassinet is what really bites. When I play TS3 my babies were in their cribs 90% of the time anyway. I think if TS4 used cribs (like TS3) instead of bassinets then it wouldn't be as bad. The TS3 cribs seem to have a more "open" feel to them where it doesn't feel like the baby is "cut off" from the environment or hidden like a bassinet does. You can still at least see the baby in a TS3 style crib. If TS4 babies were tied to something like that I could deal a little bit better.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    I feel like they purposely tried to mislead people in that picture.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote: »
    I feel like they purposely tried to mislead people in that picture.

It wasn't EA, if that is what you think. It was a player who was trying out the game, and they did it for the aesthetic purposes of the picture. I believe the link is several pages back.

However, I do agree, it is misleading, but I understand why they did it and it is a nice picture :)
    (but I also understand people who are upset)
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    Staged, it's the one thing EA is famous for ;)

Fine... A PLAYER staged it