The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Options
    ellywigellywig Posts: 86 Member
    > @ahholladay said:
    > ellywig wrote: »
    >
    > Just bought my second daily deal ever. Deep fryer was 180 simpoints, which gave me a free CYS on the April 2012 compilation and Haute Hacienda sets. Well worth it
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm so sad that I missed the deep fryer. I saw it under daily deals this morning when I was getting points and I meant to go back and get it when it went on sale and now I've missed it. I have GOT to start setting an alarm on my phone or something for the dd's I want.

I always miss good deals so I feel lucky I could snag this one. It's a little more than I would have liked to pay for the fryer but I knew I would get the CYS.

The March 2011 Compilation just sold out with 1 hour 19 min left on clock.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,007 Member
    @Me1620
    @FryeGuy24
    I would like to suggest that on the spreadsheet, in the section where you list repeated deals for each deal like: "Repeat Deal: # 8, # 35, # 108, # 249, and # 490" (The example being Technophobe No More). That you could list it like "Repeat Deal: # 35=# 108=# 490<# 249<# 8". To reflect which deals are better, or worse, or equal to the other repeats. It would save people lots of scrolling or ctrl + f's. I think it would go well with the colour-coding. Whatcha guys think?
    Even in the current spreadsheet, we had gone a step further than using "= < and >". We had been noting the simpoint differences between the various deals of a repeated item. (For example, Deal # 7 is 35 sp less than # 100.) In past DD lists, this was not a huge task since not many deals were repeating. However, with so many deals repeating in the current DD list, we were constantly updating not only the newest deals, but going back through the list and updating past information. This was very time consuming for us. Assigning the colours was not as time consuming. (Also factoring into our decision to stop recording the price difference, we thought the list was never-ending and repeat information was of little value.)

Currently, the "Sort by Item/Set and Repeat Deals" sheet is sorted by item name and then by price lowest to highest. Because of the colour coded deals, the repeat deals stand out. I realize it is not as convenient as having the information on the current deal or master list sheets and CTRL+F is needed to find the item. However, once the item is found, all of its deal numbers are listed in order from lowest price to highest price.

Your suggestion will had to the usefulness of the spreadsheet. We could consider providing this information again for the next list, using your format rather than specifying the price differences. Taking on this task will depend again on the number of repeat deals and if we find it too time consuming.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    iam_Crazariam_Crazar Posts: 52 Member
    Wow....trying to catch up....I spent my weekend at Pokemon Worlds, so I haven't been here. I'm not sure how to feel about the list changing this week, since I took the time to map out everything I wanted off of this list..*sighs*....although if some of these items are on the new list, I can be ok with that. Anyone have an idea as to when this will start?
    a.k.a-Nina
  • Options
    Have to be away from my computer for a bit again. I would appreciate information about the deals.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    Homecoming must have ended at around 5:11 Eastern time. Don't know when the floor lamp ended, but it ended early.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote: »
    Homecoming must have ended at around 5:11 Eastern time. Don't know when the floor lamp ended, but it ended early.

That sounds about right. The lamp ended just before I started practicing - 4:55ish Eastern, and Homecoming ended just before my student arrived for her lesson at 5:15 (oops - edited - wrong hour). I snagged the sofa just as she was opening the door.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    ellywig wrote: »
    Just bought my second daily deal ever. Deep fryer was 180 simpoints,

And tomorrow your Sims will gain so much weight...LOL

• Options
    PiinkbunniePiinkbunnie Posts: 148 Member
    Finally I got "Home coming" to a decent priece :)
  • Options
    Finally I got "Home coming" to a decent priece :)

Yay! It is such a joy when the price is finally where you want it to be. And I noticed you are now ranked as a "member" of the forums instead of a "new member." Congrats!
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    edited August 2014
    The love seat must have ended at around 6:36 Eastern. ETA: the window expired. The Ornate Chair ended at around 9:40 Eastern. Front Row Center Bedroom ended at about 11:24 Eastern. Little Trees ended with about 1:51 left, at 11:33 Eastern.

On another note, after returning from traveling recently, I'm more convinced that the ads are geographically chosen - not necessarily chosen well, mind you, since I have historically gotten lots of ads in foreign languages (most recently a Wal-Mart ad in Chinese, weirdly). However, when I've been in affluent regions or big metropolitan areas, I have gotten many, many more ads than when I'm not.

So - does anybody know a way to fool your computer into thinking it's somewhere you're not? The only thing I see in settings is a way to choose your country.
    Post edited by Cogitotoro on
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    I would guess they know where you are via your IP address.
  • Options
    CatMoranCatMoran Posts: 55 Member
    Fran98765 wrote: »

If that's the case, then any VPN or proxy service would get you different ads. Odds are they'd be an improvement if you live somewhere rural, otherwise there's no telling.

The one reliable VPN I know of is available at http://www.expatshield.com/ -- it'll give you a UK IP address. (Helpful if you want to watch BBC online.)
    I own the store? How'd that happen??
  • Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    I'm pretty sure is geographically set as well. I get local ads for politicians running as well as a local hospital/medical group.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    CatMoran wrote: »
    Fran98765 wrote: »

If that's the case, then any VPN or proxy service would get you different ads. Odds are they'd be an improvement if you live somewhere rural, otherwise there's no telling.

The one reliable VPN I know of is available at http://www.expatshield.com/ -- it'll give you a UK IP address. (Helpful if you want to watch BBC online.)
    I was going to suggest an IP address anonymizer as well. :) Yes, I have also noticed that I get a lot of local ads - mostly for car dealerships, but I know they're local dealerships. I also know that my best friend - who lives in a rural area in a different state - never gets any ads at all. But when I log on to her account, I get exactly the same ads (and about 100-200 sp per day from them) on her account as I do on mine.

I was originally going to suggest removing cookies; that does seem to work for a while sometimes if the ad software is looking at them to track what types of ads you typically click on. But if it's changing for Cogitotoro as she goes from area to area, then it's not cookies it is using; it has to be IP address.

Setting your country in your profile to the U.S. doesn't help, because the ads seem to know exactly where you are. I think an IP anonymizer is your best bet. But I wouldn't use one that makes it appear that you live in the U.K., because I'm not sure many ads are directed for that country.

• Options
    guchrocguchroc Posts: 154 Member
    anybody know if having the everyday kids collection and the imperial bedroom zen make the rest of the November 2011 comp free?...(atomic age and living would be the final set in the comp and I do not own any of this)...... thanks for ya help
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    guchroc wrote: »
    anybody know if having the everyday kids collection and the imperial bedroom zen make the rest of the November 2011 comp free?...(atomic age and living would be the final set in the comp and I do not own any of this)...... thanks for ya help

Atomic Age was the last set I needed in that comp and it was still more than I wanted to pay (don't remember the price now, but a few hundred SP at least, but I am thinking near the 1000 range.) AA has PC (the feeder) so it's bumped up in value in the comp.
  • Options
    guchrocguchroc Posts: 154 Member
    > @Fran98765 said:
    > guchroc wrote: »
    >
    > anybody know if having the everyday kids collection and the imperial bedroom zen make the rest of the November 2011 comp free?...(atomic age and living would be the final set in the comp and I do not own any of this)...... thanks for ya help
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Atomic Age was the last set I needed in that comp and it was still more than I wanted to pay (don't remember the price now, but a few hundred SP at least, but I am thinking near the 1000 range.) AA has PC (the feeder) so it's bumped up in value in the comp.

I hear ya, thanks for the heads up Fran98765
  • Options
    XerlanXerlan Posts: 95 Member
    Hello, I have to confess I am a Sims DD addict. I was teaching tonight and arranged the break so I could snag the Ornate Chair. Students didn't notice. ;)
  • Options
    Xerlan wrote: »
    Hello, I have to confess I am a Sims DD addict. I was teaching tonight and arranged the break so I could snag the Ornate Chair. Students didn't notice. ;)
    We hold DD Anonymous meetings Thursday evening. I wonder how many of your students were also purchasing the Ornate Chair at the same time you were?

• Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Everyday kids collection sold out early with 59 mins remaining at 34 mins past the hour
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    On the geographic question - it was much easier for me to get ads in Montana during my visit this summer than it ever is in Virginia. Based on that I don't know that the metropolitan or affluent part has anything to do with it. However, the if the availability of ads are based on the number of people clicking on them in a given area, that might make a difference. There are more people in my current 20 mile radius than in the entire state of Montana.

• Options
    XerlanXerlan Posts: 95 Member
    I will be late to the Thursday Evening meeting. I guess I just thought we were having that meeting all the time here. ;) I did take a poll none of the students has ever played sims. It made me sad.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Everyday Kids ended at about 12:33 Eastern. Vest Shirt & Tie at about 1:11.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    Vest, shirt and tie sold out with 1 hr 22 mins left at about 12 mins past the hr
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    WhimsicalWindWhimsicalWind Posts: 40 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @Me1620
    @FryeGuy24
    I would like to suggest that on the spreadsheet, in the section where you list repeated deals for each deal like: "Repeat Deal: # 8, # 35, # 108, # 249, and # 490" (The example being Technophobe No More). That you could list it like "Repeat Deal: # 35=# 108=# 490<# 249<# 8". To reflect which deals are better, or worse, or equal to the other repeats. It would save people lots of scrolling or ctrl + f's. I think it would go well with the colour-coding. Whatcha guys think?
    Even in the current spreadsheet, we had gone a step further than using "= < and >". We had been noting the simpoint differences between the various deals of a repeated item. (For example, Deal # 7 is 35 sp less than # 100.) In past DD lists, this was not a huge task since not many deals were repeating. However, with so many deals repeating in the current DD list, we were constantly updating not only the newest deals, but going back through the list and updating past information. This was very time consuming for us. Assigning the colours was not as time consuming. (Also factoring into our decision to stop recording the price difference, we thought the list was never-ending and repeat information was of little value.)

Currently, the "Sort by Item/Set and Repeat Deals" sheet is sorted by item name and then by price lowest to highest. Because of the colour coded deals, the repeat deals stand out. I realize it is not as convenient as having the information on the current deal or master list sheets and CTRL+F is needed to find the item. However, once the item is found, all of its deal numbers are listed in order from lowest price to highest price.

Your suggestion will had to the usefulness of the spreadsheet. We could consider providing this information again for the next list, using your format rather than specifying the price differences. Taking on this task will depend again on the number of repeat deals and if we find it too time consuming.

Thank you for the consideration. I did not mean it for the current spreadsheet. That would obviously be a waste of time. I meant for the new list. And if it is too much trouble. I would gladly even do it myself if possible. Or if not possible. I could at least post updates here in the thread if that would make things easier.