Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Sims game did you think had the best soundtrack?

SnackysSnackys Posts: 30 Member
Title says it all.
Personally I think Sims 1 had the best one. Sims 2 and 3 had too cheerful soundtracks....

Comments

• Options
    virtualhuman907virtualhuman907 Posts: 62 Member
    I agree. I also loved that the music was made just for the game, hearing a popular song rerecorded in simlish kinda breaks immersion for me.
  • Options
    residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    The Urbz hands down.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    The Urbz, although I do really like music from The Sims.
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    Urbz had some cool tracks but I think my favourite is TS2 :)
    I dunno I just have some special memories associated with that game and its music ^_^
  • Options
    StarsAndSkies2StarsAndSkies2 Posts: 97 Member
    The Urbz had some really great tracks but I grew up with the Sims 1 and 2 and I have to say the Sims 2 has the better soundtracks but I do admit that the Sims 1 soundtrack makes me so nostalgic.
    gurl no.
    r1mp7l.jpg
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Sims 1, then 2. I liked 3, freeplay, and 4, but sims 1 was the best to listen to. I even have it on my music player. Sims 2 was varied and good for building houses, but not so much that I want to listen to it all the time.
  • Options
    RoffeyGleshRoffeyGlesh Posts: 579 Member
    I loved the Sims 1 music. It was so relaxing, and the Superstar soundtrack had these awesome dance themes to them. I did love Sims 2 soundtrack though.....this one was my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j86XDRVhIEE

I really disliked the Sims 3 soundtrack, except for the main theme and "amazing facsimile" from create a sim.
  • Options
    trashbinsouvenirtrashbinsouvenir Posts: 412 Member
    The Sims 1, no contest No other even comes close for me!
    Simply,
    Brittany (bwillisucf)

Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    GummiBearxGummiBearx Posts: 317 Member
    My favorite was TS2 music. I liked the song choices on the console version aswell. This song in particular brings back sooo many memories: https://youtube.com/watch?v=K5H3mmPcYMo
    2m2dkr9.jpg
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    The original Sims! :D I always stick several tracks from TS1 into my games from TS2 and TS3 and will do the same with 4. It just evokes such a feeling of sims. Nostalgia.
  • Options
    hippielayla86hippielayla86 Posts: 7 New Member
    Sims 1 definitely! Vacation and Makin' Magic specifically, I was just listening to music from it earlier this week. I loved when they put music from Makin' Magic into the France vacation spot in Sims 3 - that was probably why I played that one the most... so nostalgic! I wish I still had my copies, lent them to someone and I never got them back.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    Urbz plus The Sims 2 PS2 version. On The Sims and The Sims 3, I put my own music and deleted the games music, but I kept buy/build/neighborhood music :)
  • Options
    Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    For me, the answer is absolutely Sims 1. I liked almost all of the music in that game, and hearing it now makes me so nostalgic. I didn't like 2's music as well, and I liked 3's music even less. What I've heard from Sims 4 so far sounds good, though. I always have sound/music on games because it adds to the fun for me, so I'm hoping Sims 4 will have great music :)
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Sims 1: hands down.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    QTBrniisQTBrniis Posts: 200 Member
    I used to love listening to the music of TS1 Vacation. Such a lovely mish mash of sound! I had some words I sang to "ba dang a bang a doe" that I can't repeat here! (blush)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqwXVOO0gl0&list=PLPPIcCQTDcOJeLktDYPzNhHN6l9e_Y4qa
  • Options
    petergriffin9petergriffin9 Posts: 24 New Member
    The Sims 1 Music Was The Best One Like The Vacation Theme It Sounded Like They Was Saying Put Down Your Pineapple Lol
  • Options
    Stuart92Stuart92 Posts: 44 Member
    Sims 1 definitely. The tracks are wonderfully memorable and instantly recognisable.
  • Options
    neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    I'm also gonna go with Sims 1! I loved it so much I put it into my Sims 2 game so that when I was in build or buy mode, I could hear that nostalgic music!
  • Options
    Mattc117Mattc117 Posts: 4 New Member
    Sims 1.
  • Options
    RockrGrrlRockrGrrl Posts: 169 Member
    They all have different feels for me. I'm super stoked on TS4 soundtrack. But TS1 build mode is some of my favorite music. It doesn't really make any sense for the game, but it's just beautiful in general.
    Check out my band y'all.
    youtube.com/halocene
  • Options
    elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    TS1 all the way - and out of all the TS1 music, Makin' Magic was my favorite soundtrack. It had such a delightfully whimsical, Halloweenish feel to it.
  • Options
    djaygamerdjaygamer Posts: 196 Member
    Mine was the Pop channel on the sims radio, I loved all those songs! especially that "Na na na na, nana naaaaa"
  • Options
    kerryn96kerryn96 Posts: 205 Member
    The Sims 1, hands down. The build mode (I think?) sound track was especially amazing. I was so happy when they brought it back in the Sims 2 (in Seasons, I believe) as a stereo channel "New Age"
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 290 Member
    I love the Buy Mode music from The Sims 3: Supernatural! It reminds me of Disneyland? I don't know why. It's the best one in my opinion. I used to go into Buy Mode just to listen to it. x] So cool.
    TBImXnt.gif
  • Options
    sharonxyzsharonxyz Posts: 811 Member
    Sims 2, because I had my own custom music during every bit of it, buying, loading screens, the works. Loved the indie rock station that played at the gaming hobby lot too.