Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using The List of "Missing Features" to Judge The Quality of TS4

Comments

• Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    If it's a Big Mac, yeah, everything that is usually on a Big Mac SHOULD be on it. But if it's a burger, then it doesn't have to have the same ingredients. Just saying, it's a new Sims. NM, bad analogy and I've only managed to make myself hungry. :-D
  • Options
    GojoebotGojoebot Posts: 59 Member
    Where's my list of stuff added to the game? I keep seeing all sorts of reasons to get myself excited about Sims 4.
  • Options
    smithjsmsmithjsm Posts: 33 Member
    > @phreakindee said:
    > jayisrice wrote: »
    >
    > Respect to this dude , for reviewing sims games. But I really dont care what he thinks. Its up to me If I want to buy the sims 4 or not.
    > Its up to me if I think its worth it not. I don't even see the point of this topic because one man tweeted something.
    >
    > I do think lots of stuff on that list is true , and only some of it is not.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Could not agree more. I'm just some dude people watch sometimes, and am only a cog in this giant machine of opinion! There's so much more to take into consideration when making a purchase.

Why did you say the list is misleading?
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Well, then, how do you know what will or will not be patched in to the sims 4? How can you say they are not included if you don't know what the patches will be?

Why do we have to wait for a patch for features that were deemed important enough to be patched into the previous game?
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    smithjsm wrote: »
    The proof is in the pudding in 2 weeks. Meantime, LGR was bought and paid for by EAxis.

I guess everyone else who thinks bflury's list is silly is bought and paid for by EA then? If only. :D
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    Anavastia wrote: »
    bflury wrote: »
    PURPOSE: This list is intended to allow ANYONE familiar with the series, whether the last game they played was original Sims or the latest patched up version of base Sims 3 to take that experience and get a minimum expectation of what The Sims 4 offers. There is plenty of information available elsewhere explaining what is new in the game.
    I'm wondering why so many ep features were on the list if it's supposed to be on base games only. :/

Because the list features base game play from sims 1, 2, and 3. Not just sims 3 and at some point and time all those features missing have been in base game at one point in time. So the conclusion is you didn't read the fine print to well that says that.

Oh almost forgot the list also includes that patched content that was patched on to the base game.
    But why include things from the Sims 1 and 2 if they weren't in the Sim 3 in the list, and why include things that've been patch in if they weren't in there from the very beginning? That's the part I don't understand, because you can't expect a fair comparison that way.

Because the objective of the list isn't what people think. It's to show that at one point or another EA put this content in the base game and had no problem doing it before, but all the sudden they've come out with excuse after excuse.

Pools are complicated
    Emotions in other other games were illusions
    Toddlers were difficult to make
    Teens at different heights are complicated.
    The open world caused issues
    CAST caused issues
    The list of course grows long

So every thing they said isn't in game, and give their sappy excuse for why not, Bflurry wanted people to know well at one point in time it was in the game. It seemed to me that list posses a lot of features people loved and miss. The list never promises to anyone these things were promised to be in game by devs. The list never said at any time The sims 4 was a bad game. Just that these features are not in the base game. Players from there made there own decisions the game is a bad game, lacks, and is or a step behind.

I don't think the list is misleading at all, it doesn't promise any simmer anything and doesn't promote that EA broke a promise anywhere. However i think what simmers can use it for is to use it when doing research and comparisons to when they're shopping for the game.

I'm a family player, obviously this list affects me, it's tells me EA isn't incorporating a lot of play for my play style in the base game. So this is't the game for me.

However some people don't like family play at all, they also read that list and find that hey they like the game because ea left out things they don't like. So to each it's own. JoeWow has a list of positive things in sims 4, people also use the list for both, to see what they like or don't like that's in the game whether it fits they're play style. It's up to fans to research and decide, if you dont do that the only one to blame for being mislead is yourself.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    The proof is in the pudding in 2 weeks. Meantime, LGR was bought and paid for by EAxis.

Well, I could use the cash...

But alas, EA has never even once contacted me. There's a reason you see all these other video producers and fansite people at EA events, and I'm just there complaining about Katy Perry on YouTube :)

OMG, my eyes...not that EP. Screams and flees.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    I_am_bean wrote: »
    All the content that has been patched in after EP should be off the list. No if and's or but's. Take actual release day content into consideration only is the only unbiased way to fix #thelist
    Why do we have to wait for a patch for features that were deemed important enough to be patched into the previous game?

rifJadC.png
  • Options
    GojoebotGojoebot Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2014

Well, I could use the cash...

But alas, EA has never even once contacted me. There's a reason you see all these other video producers and fansite people at EA events, and I'm just there complaining about Katy Perry on YouTube :)
    If you were in EA's pocket I would like to think you would of been sent the demo a while ago. I like your reviews because they seem like something an old friend would say. Or maybe I just like to pretend Duke is giving them.

• Options
    > @phreakindee said:
    > smithjsm wrote: »
    >
    > The proof is in the pudding in 2 weeks. Meantime, LGR was bought and paid for by EAxis.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, I could use the cash...
    >
    > But alas, EA has never even once contacted me. There's a reason you see all these other video producers and fansite people at EA events, and I'm just there complaining about Katy Perry on YouTube

Again, why did you say the list is misleading? What's misleading on the list?
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Well, then, how do you know what will or will not be patched in to the sims 4? How can you say they are not included if you don't know what the patches will be?

I dunno. They're building on a totally different engine this time, for one. And I'm glad they are. What would be the point of buying TS3 all over again?

• Options
    Kittenkiss wrote: »
    It also bothers me that this thread is titled "LGR on The Sims 4's Missing Features". No, that tweet was about "LGR on Sims Fans Using a Potentially-Fallible List as Final Justification"

Meh. I think people are justified in having the grumps about some features which are important. Family trees, and story progression are both features that are super important to me, as far as game features go. And I think it really sucks that I'll likely need to buy an expansion pack to have them, if they're ever in at all. :(

No one said everything on bflury's list is crap or that people aren't allowed to be upset. It's the whole air of "this is THE list and if you disagree with it you're just another EA marketer/sympathiser/sheep/noob". It's just stupid. People don't have to be polarised between being WITH EA or AGAINST them. You can be disappointed about things that aren't in the base game without looking at every single thing that won't be in it and telling people who are excited that it's going to be a bad game.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    > @phreakindee said:
    > Gojoebot wrote: »
    >
    > If you were in EA's pocket I would like to think you would of been sent the demo a while ago.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > True that. I mean c'mon, PewDiePie got the thing before me, that should tell people something!

Why aren't you answering my question? What is misleading on the list?

#boughtandpaidfor
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Legendary wrote: »
    I do not understand this logic. You want Eaxis take 15 years of the sims franchises games and expect them in a base game of it's new installment...yeah, I don't get it. Why even bother creating a new installment of the series if your going to look at the sims like that?

No one associated with that list has complained that Sims 4 isn't coming with university, pets, seasons, magic, or so forth. Those are all relatively reasonable. People are complaining about the stuff in the BASE GAMES.

That's not accurate. Read through the thread. Heck, read through the last page or two and you'll see people saying that since it's 2014, weather should be included in the base game. Multiple people have claimed, weather and pets, minimum, should be included in the base game at this point. Also, they are complaining about stuff from ALL 3 base games plus items patched into TS3 during it's 5 year run. It's an unrealistic list that's based on opinion about what people WANT to see in the game.

But, I do believe it has value because it gives people a single place to check and see if something is not being included in the game. It does, however, require the viewer to put some thought into it--does it really matter that the tragic clown isn't coming back right now from TS2 or that we have no body hair yet? Each person needs to figure that out for themselves. Also, if you aren't willing to see what's being included in the game, as well, then you're essentially cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    keyb0x wrote: »

I guess everyone else who thinks bflury's list is silly is bought and paid for by EA then? If only. :D
    For the record I think some of things on my list are silly (like acne, come on!) but I have never once received a pay check from EA :)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    Gojoebot wrote: »
    If you were in EA's pocket I would like to think you would of been sent the demo a while ago.

True that. I mean c'mon, PewDiePie got the thing before me, that should tell people something!
    Didn't you not recognize him when browsing the gallery :)
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Bookworm742Bookworm742 Posts: 4,068 Member
    bflury wrote: »

For the record I think some of things on my list are silly (like acne, come on!) but I have never once received a pay check from EA :)

The acne used to drive me nuts, personally! :lol: But I can understand how some people might miss it.
  • Options
    @LGR I'll try one last time, what do you think on the list is misleading? Your silence is telling.
  • Options
    RobBauerRobBauer Posts: 110 Member
    Here's a revolutionary idea! How about instead of deciding what features a game "must" have before its release and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 on internet forums about the lack of them, we wait until the release of the game and wait for either other people or ourselves to experience the game and then determine whether the aforementioned features would compliment the gameplay, would be compatible with the stylistic choices of the game, or are even necessary. Perhaps this would in turn, lead to a pleasant forum experience, more reasonable expectations for the release of the game, and lower likelihood that a game franchise loved by the world as a staple of gaming will get stomped out of existence by its own angry privileged and narrow-minded fan base.
  • Options

Because of time constraints. Things that aren't important enough to make it into the game upon release (i.e. things relating to how the game actually works) aren't going to be as high up on their list of priorities as things that ARE important.
    For example, from yours and bflury's list, acne isn't exactly as game breaking a missing feature as say, better routing or sim AI. We can only go by their word that it's better, of course, but I'd still have them work on that than include something as small as acne. Those things can wait.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    It's still correct, is it not?

No. Last I checked (which I'll admit was at least a week ago) there are a bunch of things listed that are mere rumors yet they are listed as "confirmed" missing features.
  • Options
    KittenkissKittenkiss Posts: 1,047 Member
    It also bothers me that this thread is titled "LGR on The Sims 4's Missing Features". No, that tweet was about "LGR on Sims Fans Using a Potentially-Fallible List as Final Justification"

Meh. I think people are justified in having the grumps about some features which are important. Family trees, and story progression are both features that are super important to me, as far as game features go. And I think it really sucks that I'll likely need to buy an expansion pack to have them, if they're ever in at all. :(

No one said everything on bflury's list is crap or that people aren't allowed to be upset. It's the whole air of "this is THE list and if you disagree with it you're just another EA marketer/sympathiser/sheep/noob". It's just stupid. People don't have to be polarised between being WITH EA or AGAINST them. You can be disappointed about things that aren't in the base game without looking at every single thing that won't be in it and telling people who are excited that it's going to be a bad game.

To be honest, I didn't feel any airs about list. And I don't really care to read the comments, although I might have made my own complaint about features gone...I don't remember, lol.

I guess I don't care if people are name calling or saying the game is poor/great, I'm happy with the choices I make. Each to their own and whatnot.

• Options
    randombogganrandomboggan Posts: 194 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Legendary wrote: »
    I do not understand this logic. You want Eaxis take 15 years of the sims franchises games and expect them in a base game of it's new installment...yeah, I don't get it. Why even bother creating a new installment of the series if your going to look at the sims like that?

No one associated with that list has complained that Sims 4 isn't coming with university, pets, seasons, magic, or so forth. Those are all relatively reasonable. People are complaining about the stuff in the BASE GAMES.

That's not accurate. Read through the thread. Heck, read through the last page or two and you'll see people saying that since it's 2014, weather should be included in the base game. Multiple people have claimed, weather and pets, minimum, should be included in the base game at this point. Also, they are complaining about stuff from ALL 3 base games plus items patched into TS3 during it's 5 year run. It's an unrealistic list that's based on opinion about what people WANT to see in the game.

But, I do believe it has value because it gives people a single place to check and see if something is not being included in the game. It does, however, require the viewer to put some thought into it--does it really matter that the tragic clown isn't coming back right now from TS2 or that we have no body hair yet? Each person needs to figure that out for themselves. Also, if you aren't willing to see what's being included in the game, as well, then you're essentially cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It's the EP and patch stuff that exactly I think is ludicrous! There are some other things as well [Many things], for example the Repo Man, which was replaced by a much more complex and realistic mechanic. To me, things like this seem to be nit picking. What would be better is to see a list that isn't skewed by opinion, and remains objective. "CRIPPLED MISSING FEATURES!" just screams negative slant, especially when over half of those aren't missing OR crippled, by any fact.