Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tech Responders - Break Room

Comments

• Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    It explains all ;) I have used those 2 words without _ sign on TS2, but while comed out TS3, my user name wasn't accepted and english version of this name wasn't free. Walt Disney has made copyright on all, I think. :mrgreen: I'm not interested about changing my user name, but I've seen wishes of many users to do it. Now I have to go - hubbie wants me around :blush:
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Decrain wrote: »
    @ceejay402 HIIIIIIIIIIII!!!! Forum points being transferred at some point into SimPoints? B)

Have you seen this: https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://getsimplyruthless.blogspot.com.es/2014/08/the-roofthe-roofthe-roof-is-on-fire.html&usg=ALkJrhgeF_lsi36dD9TjTwRPo9BL2ppCBA ???

The pictures look amazing! And the possibilities! Maybe it won't be so bad... ;)

@Bily_jednorozec: I'm wondering about your nick ;) What is your first language if I may ask?

Thanks for that link.. I'm starting to like the sims 4 more and more now!
    I don't usually spent allot of time building in the sims 3 because I'm not all that creative.. but with the sims 4 I'm going to give it a shot.
    I'm liking all the new screenshots coming out also.. and I really like the art style. The worlds look stunning!
    And I'm also a fan of having the loading screens.. too much of the sims 3 problems were due to it being open world and having to render textures and such constantly. Even though I have a great pc I suffered from problems in the sims 3.
    I'm going to have to practice a bit more in CAS.. has anyone seen LGR mucking around in CAS? lmao you can create some horrible funny looking sims .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpfNetrLM9c&list=PLbBZM9aUMsjH0ugWCCkcFxNPtvqRoi9la

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    DecrainDecrain Posts: 893 Member
    edited August 2014
    @chesterbigbird you know I'm not a great builder too! But it really sounds fun!
    The only thing I don't like in TS4 building is lack of pools and basements. But there was no basements in TS3 base game as well. One of the gurus admitted it is doable it's just a lot of work so maybe...
    Do you know if CFE cheat will work in TS4? That would open the basements in base game like we did it the "old way" in TS3...

I really don't know what to think about the loading screens. They were a real pain in TS2. Especially for CC hoarders like me. Especially when having all EPs and SPs... It took really long time to load. But in TS3 we suffered from loading textures... When everything was grey until the textures loaded. Well, I still suffer. Just not that much as on my old laptop ;)

I'm still not thrilled with the CAS demo :/ There are rumors that it's not the full CAS, just more something like a "showcase"... :fingerscrossed:

BTW I just read there won't be SimPoints for TS4. So... What are those forum points for???? hmmm

OH! And I just found out that there is already some CC made for TS4! Like bodyhair, brows default replacements etc. Small things, but BIG things at the same time! WOW!

Did... did... did you see what's going on in the gallery? OMG. The things people are posting...
    Post edited by Decrain on
  • Options
    @Decrain,
    We can only hope that it's not the full CAS.. I was disappointed about the lack of clothing and hair styles.. and it is still annoying that we cannot recolour.. that makes a HUGE difference.
    And yeah some of the things people are creating :o
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    Well. You know. Recoloring was introduced only in TS3. Both previous series didn't have it. If you wanted to get the same sofa but with a different texture you downloaded it as a "recolor" from CC site. And that's how it's going to be this time as well. Me thinks.

No more creativity :(

My daughter is really excited for this game. I still don't know what to think about it. I learned to be cautious in my views basing on my experience with TS3.
    I haven't played nor checked the news for over a month. It was a good time. Last friday I decided to come back to forums only to see that they were blocked the very same day :D Now I found this forum, started to read things and... I'm not happy...
  • Options
    Well. You know. Recoloring was introduced only in TS3. Both previous series didn't have it. If you wanted to get the same sofa but with a different texture you downloaded it as a "recolor" from CC site. And that's how it's going to be this time as well. Me thinks.

No more creativity :(

My daughter is really excited for this game. I still don't know what to think about it. I learned to be cautious in my views basing on my experience with TS3.
    I haven't played nor checked the news for over a month. It was a good time. Last friday I decided to come back to forums only to see that they were blocked the very same day :D Now I found this forum, started to read things and... I'm not happy...

I think there will be things that we like about it and things that we will simply hate about it, The people on the sims 4 forums are extremely upset and some of them are just plain crazy :\
    I mean people are crying about the amount of graphical clippings they have seen.. but every game has that to some extent.. and the game was not finished.
    I remember when the sims 3 was in the making.. and some people were not happy about various things then.
    Honestly it's going to be a change and some changes can be good.. plus it's only the base game, I'm sure EA will have countless expansion packs and stuff packs and add ons.. anything to milk more money :o
    I will say I think the games are overpriced.. always have been and the sims 3 store content was terribly over priced. Anyway I'm going to give it a shot and buy the game.. from there I will decide if I want the extra content from expansions and such.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    I think there will be things that we like about it and things that we will simply hate about it, The people on the sims 4 forums are extremely upset and some of them are just plain crazy :\
    I mean people are crying about the amount of graphical clippings they have seen.. but every game has that to some extent.. and the game was not finished.
    I remember when the sims 3 was in the making.. and some people were not happy about various things then.
    Honestly it's going to be a change and some changes can be good.. plus it's only the base game, I'm sure EA will have countless expansion packs and stuff packs and add ons.. anything to milk more money :o
    I will say I think the games are overpriced.. always have been and the sims 3 store content was terribly over priced. Anyway I'm going to give it a shot and buy the game.. from there I will decide if I want the extra content from expansions and such.

Yeah the Sims 4 forum here is... crazy. I do enjoy reading threads there and putting in my 2 cents but most people are so over the top and I just don't get that way over games honestly.

I'm also planning on buying the base game and going from there. I'm getting the basic version though as even $60 feels like a lot to spend on it.
  • Options
    @Ewilson.. loving your sim :) Very pretty.
    i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    LG 34" ultra wide

• Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    @Ewilson.. loving your sim :) Very pretty.

Thanks! I love your avatar too, I have an orange cat ;)
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Decrain, you should do what we Americans do when we can't understand someone. We simply speak louder. :D Your English is fine. I, on the other hand, am very much language challenged. I have a smattering of German and a little Russian (very little).
  • Options
    ewilson, I ordered the collectors edition, but I have my reservations. I can't tell if the game is an advance or a step back. I like some things and I am horrified at other things. I feel like I am moving from a Disney cartoon (Sims 3) to a Hanna Barbara cartoon (Sims 4). And I am troubled by the inability to build underground structures. I remember in Sim Castaways Sims had the ability to swim in ponds. You could scoop out a pond and swim in it. I felt sure that Sims 3 would have this capability, yet it never did. I really don't understand why Sims 4 will not have this capability let alone pools and basements. But then I am not a programmer.

When I went from Sims 2 to 3 at first I thought it was terrible, but when I went back to Sims 2 I found it limited (no CAS). Now with the release of Sims 2 Ultimate I find that I like it again. It's just different. Sims 4 will be different. So I will try the base game at least.

I do wish EA was more open about what Sims 4 will ultimately be like and I wish they would give us basic things up front. For example circular stairs and elevators. If you want these things it is hard to retrofit things you have already built. If would be nice if they gave us blank place holders for future things, but maybe the ability to shift rooms around on the fly will accomplish that.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I've ordered the collectors edition too. I suspect I'll get it and see what happens next. I also just ordered the collectors guide. I ordered both from my local game store so I'll be getting the disk version of the game.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    hi hi hi all! im laughing at the how some folks are over the top! yep :) im going to try to answer some posts here before my days is in full swing. hope everyone is doing well!

i havent preordered yet. but im lazy ha! i will do it basically sept 1st
  • Options
    I only preordered because I was talking to the man in the store and he said collectors editions were getting scarce so I thought I'd be sorry if I missed out due to an inability to make up my mind.

I need to see what it is about and the only way I can do that is by having it on my computer and playing with it a bit.

What I really want to do is to play more Sims 3 now that I'm not going to be constantly adding new content to it. :D
  • Options
    Hello sweeties ;)Finally I've got it work :mrgreen:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4872/bb-code-help/ Have a happy day everyone!
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    Hello sweeties ;)Finally I've got it work :mrgreen:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4872/bb-code-help/ Have a happy day everyone!

Congratulations. Well done. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thank you Karritz! :D:cookie:
    Before BBCode for me here hasn't worked, because here used CSS system is using smaller numbers, i.e. before when I wanted bigger font, I have had to write in BBCode "20".
    CSS system font sizes are going on another scale, i.e. from "1" to "7".
    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/fonts.html#font-size-props
    I'm falling in Love with this new green Vanilla Forum. :broken_heart::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Just a reflection. I was thinking that part of the problem with new versions of the Sims is that we expect to see additions rather than subtractions. I know that I want to see additions and refinements to what final version of the game has. So for example in Sims 1 we had pools. In Sins 2 we had pools and a one level basement. In Sims 3 we had pools, one level basements to start, but which went to multi-level basements/tombs with World Adventures. Now in Sims 4 we have nothing. I think that is so disconcerting. It seems like a step backwards to something even less than Sims 1. Likewise the toddlers. In this case we have gone back to Sims 1. In Sims 1 we had pregnancy, to baby in crib, then to a child which never grew up. In Sims 2 we had the toddler. And of course we had a chance to start building skills. Remember smart milk? At least in Sims 4 the child will grow up to be a teen, but there is no opportunity to gain skills as a toddler. So once more we have a step backward.

I know that EA wants to have surprises, but steps backward and a game with capabilities that are at the level of Sims 1 or less are not the surprises that EA wuld want I should think. In this instance I think that EA and Sims fans would have been better served if EA had said what they were removing and why they had to do it and their overall vision for the Sims 4. If the game is limited because they had to do major re-programing then they should say so.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Bronwin2 Hahahaha at your "we speak louder" :D Thing is polish, czech and slovakian are very similar languages with tiny differences in spelling or pronaunciation (did I spell it right?) in some words, some words are completely different and some words have a "normal" meaning in one language but are a swear words in the other language. So sometimes you say something ordinary but the other person gets offended :D But we know at work about that so in the end I prefer to talk in english with them.
    Especially when I'm working with Czech or Slovak kids at school, I speak english, they speak they own language and I usually understand or I ask one of their friends that speaks english more. Don't want the kids to get offended ;)
    The least differences I noticed are in the names of weekdays or numbers :) It's really interesting to compare and the kids like it as well :)

On the other hand - I always thought I have a "talent for languages" as I know polish, english, I knew german very well but now I forgot some. I also understand a bit russian and know single words from like 3 or 4 more languages. But then I met my friend. She's also Polish, but she speaks greek fluently, english almost fluently (and she never learnt this language until she came here about 3 years ago), she can also speak and understand czech and slovak. And she never studied those languages, she just learns "on the fly" when talking to somebody. And that's the real "talent for languages".

Now about TS4. You're right that none of players want substractions. But if I remember correctly when the base game TS3 came out we had no basements at all. We had to build them with the CFE cheat and they got implemented with a later patch. At first there was no "basement tool" in build mode at all. So, if that could be done, then maybe it will be done for TS4 as well. But I have no high hopes as the pools are missing as well and it was said it's about the levels, where ground is a 0 level and it may be very difficult and breaking the routing to go to level -1 for example. But one of the gurus said earlier that it can be done and it's no limited by the game engine. So I have a little bit of hope...

I have a feeling that toddlers and children will be implemented at a later point as well. I think about an EP similar to "Generations" or something. Looks like I just simply refuse to believe that there won't be kids or toddlers at all. And I remember how dissapointed we were with that EP, that there were not a lot of new features so maybe they decided to add it in an EP like this - then it would have a great feature :)

Also my english isn't bad but it's still not very good. I try hard but still make some spelling errors or grammar errors. And sometimes I even forget how to say "my name is..." LOL

There are massive discounts on TS4 already in UK. One of the versions is selling now at about 25 pounds plus another free game. But in Origin the price is almost 40 pounds for the cheapest version.

@ewilson1114 I have a ginger cat as well :)

@Bily_jednorozec well done!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Nice evening at everyone! ;)
    @Decrain:
    Thank you for the compliment, it costed me few days before I've understood that each type of forum may use different BBCode for text size. :blush::mrgreen: I would wish some button +, it's so complicated to insert still manually BBCode on here. But at least this way works for now.
    I understand you - sometimes is big confusion between languages and I know, one should be so carefull to choose right words. We have to think in related language for speak it. (At beginnings, when I've worked in Germany (and spoken bad german), I've made embarassing mistakes - changing only 2 letters in word (wanted say shooting, but I said un ugly brown thing)). It soo easy to offend someone or be offended - where are flat language knowledges. And children are having pure strong emotions (stronger than adults).
    About slave languages: yes, they are very similar - but so much different from english or italian language. I'm justyfying with this my bad english. This comes more difficult, when we have quickly change ex from italian language to czech: I've readed today english pages, in it called my hubbie in italian language and I've answered at my czech friend on FB in italian. Only while prepaired meat for my family, I've understood, what I've wrote. :blush:
    Abou TS4: I've said on forums many times, what I mean and I won't be repetitious. I'm missing badly toddlers, swimming, biggest pain for me is that worlds are so tiny and not realistic, no terraforming and many another things. And with me many others have said the same thing. Game developer isn't famous for hearing customers and he will release what likes and what brings $.
    We shall see - I've preordered it at Gamestop (Premium), but I'm still not excited about it and I can still delete my preorder.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I think I know why there is no terraforming. It always caused troubles with routing so they cut it out. It's a step back but it may really help with routing issues we had before. In life you have to take a step back to get a better picture of what's going on. And if it wasn't EA I would thing that's what they did. But in EA's case I think only "money, money, money" ;)

And again back to language. I work with a 70+ years old Englishman. He's a good friend of mine, and all. He always says he loves to work with me because I deliver constant fun to him. I mean - I say something and he has to think really hard what I ment, because his first impressions are I said something inapropriate :D He tried to teach me proper pronouncing, but his english is already different to what we learn at school (the so called "BBC english"). There are "slangs" for each piece of land just like in Poland where a "mountain person" will speak differently to a "flatland person". Or a person from old german land will speak completely different to person from old russian land :D But I think he resigned from teaching me proper pronounciation just because he would lose a source of fun :D
    Imagine you're talking about something serious in your second language and the person you're talking to starts to laugh his lungs out :D Yep, happens to me every so often :D I'm really better in writing and reading than in talking.

And mixing languages happens to me really often! Like I go to school to talk about my kids and suddenly I start speaking polish to the teacher. Or when I translate for my friends and I speak with them in polish and then have to say something to the teachers or whoever we're talking to and suddenly I speak english to friends and polish to teacher :D Just now I was reading part of my post to my husband (he's Polish as well) and I started to speak english to him. Sooooo embarassing :D

PS. I forgot I wanted to write something :D Weeks ago when my other friend was walking to visit us he found a laptop somebody throw (?) out. It had smashed screen and looked miserably. But! He managed to save a processor (good one, working), hard drive (1TB - working) and two pieces of RAM that he brought to me to check them out. It was 2x 4 GB and one was bad. Guess who has 12GB of RAM now :P
  • Options
    hey all sorry i havent had a chance to read postings today,....its been so crazy here for me so hopefully it will be less mad/bad :) tomorrow and i can get caught up

hope all is well ---ohhh and if anyone could look at the laptop thread i would forever be grateful im sure ive left a couple of people hanging i keep trying to get back to the thread but havent in at least a couple of days, thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @ceejay402 could you give the link? I might be blind :D
    Why when I try to post ":D" and hit enter it always transform to ":dissapointed:" I mean *plum*?

And I like *plum* much more with the stars!
  • Options
    I think I have a hard time getting back on tracks.
    I lost interest in the sims. Ihave some knowledge but when I dissapeared I was tired of answering the same thing again and again. Maybe I'm not the type of a person that could work in "customer service"....
  • Options
    @ceejay402 could you give the link? I might be blind :D
    Why when I try to post ":D" and hit enter it always transform to ":dissapointed:" I mean *plum*?

And I like *plum* much more with the stars!

thanks d! someone nicely just bumped the thread http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/635124/laptop-graphics-card-information-zone-calling-laptop-simmers-for-a-survey-laptop-help-here#latest

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top