Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I've really been enjoying getting back into the Sims 2

Of course I played TS2 for years when it was first out but then it got where it was running really slow cause I had so much custom content clogging it up. Then about that time that I was getting fed up with it TS3 came along and I just sequed to that game.
Now though since TS3 is kind of over but I'm not yet sure I want to get TS4 unless I start hearing more positive reviews I went and grabbed the free Origin Sims 2 Ultimate collection which is sweet. True I don't have all my old saved sims but it is like a rebirth. And since I the company I'd worked for more than 25 years just closed its doors I have a lot of free time (when I am not looking for a new job which does take up a good deal of the day) but the time I spend with the sims is great at reducing stress. Ah well...if only jobs were as easy to find in real life I'd just go become a brain surgeon by picking up the daily paper. It is funny when I try to do something in TS2 that I could easily do in TS3 only to realize you can't do that but then there are lots of things you could do in TS2 that you could never do in TS3, especially romantic dating interactions.

Comments

• Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    What was your TS2 username on the old BBS forum?
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi, FlamingoKicker :D

Oh, sorry to hear about the job closing. :(
    So, true- I'd have me a lovely job of Game Programmer, or some such that sounds like I could never do it. :lol:

• Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I believe I've been FlamingoKicker (with or without the additional number "1") since The Sims 1 Forums. I loved how sims in the original game would go out and kick the poor pink flamingos for no good reason. I guess they do the same to the garden gnomes as well. Does anybody remember that the birds (the flamingos) would tweet (or whatever their noise is) at 7 a.m. like some kind of alarm clock?... LOL... Imagine someone "tweeting" back in 2001? Twitter didn't even exist.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    Hi, yep, I'm back to t2 also. I had the old game installed already, but I wanted to see if the new one would have anything different so I uninstalled and then put the new one on. It's the same, lol.

I love t2. The last time I tried to play 3 it crashed and I haven't been back since. It's just not worth the trouble.

Sorry about the job FlamingoKicker. That's a bear :-( We went through that a few years ago, that's how we ended up in Wyoming. But now we are home again and even though we are older, both of us are working again. Hang in there!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    sarahzsmylsarahzsmyl Posts: 1,307 Member
    I think I remember you. It's been a long time, but the name rings a bell. You don't really forget one like that. Good to see you again.
    Origin, Steam, PSN, XBL - FyreFlyeRush

• Options
    r0b0tman5r0b0tman5 Posts: 109 Member
    i doubt anyone knows my username on the old forums it was robot2642 at the time.
    Been playing The Sims since The Sims 1! B)
  • Options
    LuckySkyLuckySky Posts: 1,054 Member
    I only got to play the sims 2 base game for a short while, so I never got the whole sims 2 experience. Though now since I downloaded the sims 2 ultimate, I am honestly having a lot more fun with the sims 2 than the sims

I am literally addicted again lol. I have to force myself to exit the game so I can eat, sleep, and other important things lol.
  • Options
    residentevilobresidentevilob Posts: 141 Member
    I used the same username on the old forums, as well as on The Sims Online and The Sims Bustin Out Online.
    "CamJam1995" is what I used. I used to play TSO and TSBO Online daily until they both shut down in 2008. I still have my network login info for TSBO on my PS2 memory card, and on my old PC I have my EA Land (TSO) stuff still downloaded.
  • Options
    AunzaAunza Posts: 1,297 Member
    Great to see your font over this way. You always seem to have the best one liners. ~big smile~
    Best wishes on the job search.
  • Options
    FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,474 Member
    I worked in the printing industry for more than 25 years and I guess the digital age just did us all in. Now it's back to school to learn something that's more relevant to today I guess. Wouldn't it be great if you could get a huge job promotion just by making two new friends, pumping iron for an hour a day and playing chess and learning how to cook? Hey, I was a fry cook yesterday and now I'm a gourmet party planner. Woo-Hoo
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    The "1" at the end was throwing me off. I do remember seeing you at the old TS2 forum. SketchElder was another that was pretty visible.

I hope things go well with the job search. What, exactly, is a gourmet party planner? It sounds really foo-fooish. LOL.

My username was the same as now but I was more of a lurker on the old boards. I don't have the energy to want to change it.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    shesclassyshesclassy Posts: 477 Member
    TS2 unfortunately flickers like mad for me when I'm laying down walls/foundations and at random times during gameplay... it is pretty unbearable :( Jealous of y'all who can play it!
  • Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    LuckySky wrote: »
    I only got to play the sims 2 base game for a short while, so I never got the whole sims 2 experience. Though now since I downloaded the sims 2 ultimate, I am honestly having a lot more fun with the sims 2 than the sims

I am literally addicted again lol. I have to force myself to exit the game so I can eat, sleep, and other important things lol.

That is similar to my story!

Like you, I got Sims2 Deluxe(has Late Night) just before Sims3 came out. After playing Sims3 with multiple expansion packs (and lots of store content) I picked up TS2 Best of Business, Fun with Pets, and University Life downloads for five bucks each before they stopped selling them. I even picked up Seasons but never reeeeally explored any of them. I was hard core Sims3 with a serious store content habit. Then I got the email about Sims2 closing down support of disks. All of the content and expansion packs that came with that super download are freaking me out. I haven't opened my Sims3 since. (ha ha!, that came out "Sims three cents" and I had to correct it, got to love Siri :-))

I checked immediately to see if there was a new Sims2 forum, but there were only a few posts asking about it. I didn't visit the community for several months because there was no place to talk about Sims2. I came back today to check the store. Hadn't seen the redesigned forums. Love it! A Sims2 group? Yay! But the store is closing?? I have a lot to catch up on it seems if I can tear myself away from my Simmies in Pleasantview

But now I have a dilemma. Just before all this hoo-ha, I bought a brand-new computer and installed and downloaded all my TS3 games from discs. It played much more smoothly and I was starting to add store content. My Sims play got interrupted with the Sims4 demo. I wanted to give my honest opinion about it. Lots of pros, lots of cons. Not interested. The Super Duper Sims2 plays like it never did before.

So do I play Sims2... or Sims3... skip Sims4 and go straight to 5? B)
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    elinorablyelinorably Posts: 301 Member
    @FlamingoKicker1 - So sorry to hear about the job issues.

I've also started playing TS2 again. I had forgotten how many of those little nuances there were missing in TS3. Just little things - things that made TS2 seem so whimsical. I've had a blast playing it again. I don't think I realized how much I had missed it.
  • Options
    alwslaughinggirlalwslaughinggirl Posts: 244 Member
    The Sims 2 is my favorite Sims game. I own the entire collection and I still find 2 to be the best all-around game. Even before the ultimate collection came out, I was buying up all the old Sims 2 games at thrift stores. Now I own all of them and I have to say that even after all these years, the game does not bore me. Sims 3 had so many bugs and just did not run as well on my computer. So far The Sims 4 create a sim seems to run pretty smooth, so I might give it a go.
    I've been playing since TS1. My favorite games are TS2 and TS4.
    Origin ID- manda102784 <3
  • Options
    pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    FlamingoKicker (love your screen name!), welcome back to our beloved Sims2! I've been pattyheart (PattyHeart) since my time at our late great Sims2 BBS where I was active mainly in the Challenges section ( I created several ) and the Builders Corner. Also shared and read Sim stories. The SIms 2 is still my favorite Sims game. Getting ready to install the Ultimate Collection on my beautiful new gaming pc! Happy Simming!
    My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hello everyone,

I too am enjoying the Sims 2 with all the EPs & SPs. I'm using Bluewater Village as my home base neighborhood and
    just added the downtown neighborhood. I sent my sim out to buy new clothes and he got hungry and had
    dinner at a restaurant, it was nice, 'cause in my old installment my sims could only be in town for about 15 real time
    minutes before my game would crash, I don't know why.

FlamingoKicker1, good luck with the job hunt, been there, done that, not fun.
    Post edited by mlnov39 on
  • Options
    HatchlingHatchling Posts: 67 Member
    I've been enjoying it too! I've played all the Sims games, but I played 2 the most. 3 came out when I was in college and I enjoy it, but even now I can't really play it. It is on my family's old desktop comp and even after deleting almost everything else off, it runs so slow. I'd install it on my new computer but I lost the install discs in the move. Thankfully my newest disc was in the comp during the move so I can still play it! Everything else has been MIA for the past 2 years though.
    Maybe one day (in you know, 10 years or so!) they will give out TS3 free and it will be another fun stroll down memory lane!
  • Options
    GreenDayGreenDay Posts: 669 Member
    I really wish I could get back into TS2, it's probably my favourite of the Sims series. I do own all EP's/SP's however they are all the PC version. I've had a Mac now for the last 5 years, due to school and career requirements and don't have the money to put into buying another computer at the moment. I watch TS2 "Let's Play" videos on Youtube to get my TS2 fix.
  • Options
    ameekabrambleameekabramble Posts: 190 Member
    I have been playing a lot of sims 2 lately as well. Very excited about Sims 4 coming out and have pre-ordered. But I need sim time before it comes out and I am having a really good time with 2. I didn't start playing the sims until right before FreeTime came out. So I was a bit of a latecomer to Sims 2.
    I was pretty excited last night, because I got Don Lothario alien impregnated and he has his little baby boy now! hahaha
    Origin ID: libraryrose4
  • Options
    coocoosimcoocoosim Posts: 325 Member
    Recently my laptop (along with my sims 3 save files) died, so I decided to download the ultimate collection on the family desktop and re-visit my old love!
    I'm finding it amazing. I've been exploring Strangetown and the stories it involves. Funnily enough, I never played the Beakers in all my years of simming. Last night, Loki died from an accident, and a few hours later Circe and Nervous Subject were in bed... Which wasn't my original storyline. I was planning to have him move in with now adult Ophelia (now that Olive has passed away) and get to know his cousin before she marries fiancee Johnny Smith. Maybe not... Circe and Loki did have a nice house that Nervous might just fancy hahaha

I'm a bit upset there isnt a 'Sims 2' section on the forums... but I guess this section will do!
    I definitely like The Sims 2 better that 3, it was so ahead of its time. It's fun remember what I can and can't do in comparison to S3. I also haven't used cheats yet :open_mouth:
    Let's Play The Goth Family, here!
    Watch The Bunker Challenge, here!
    AND while you're at it, here's my simblr! :D
  • Options
    JongarakunJongarakun Posts: 1,265 Member
    I agree. I switch between TS3 and TS2 depending on the mood I'm in. TS2 is loads of fun, it definitely has a different atmosphere. =]
    Ornery weirdo. My Origin ID is Jongarakun.
    xyIcMqt.png