Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Think there will be a Sims 5?

Comments

• Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Sims 4 is going to sell just fine.

You have to remember a few things:

1) The people complaining about this game across various forums represent less than one tenth of percent of the total number of Sim fans out there.
    2) It's mostly the same people complaining over and over again.
    3) The game isn't even out yet so a lot of the criticism is based on speculation. Once there are let's plays out there and videos and screenshots and thousands of fans all singing Sims 4 praises then the game will start selling like hotcakes.

You are right, the game will sell well because so many Sims players do not spend a lot of time scouring the internet for information about Sims And there has been so little marketing for this game that they will be hard-pressed to find out much about what is not included with the game (like toddlers) until they actually buy and install the game.

It makes me sad me that so many people will spend so much money on a game they think will be a sequel to Sims 3, only to find out it is more alike to a sequel to Sims 1. I think many of these people will not be so happy after they install the game and actually try to play it.

ETA: I wanted to add to your second point. I actually see a much bigger variety of people complaining about Sims 4 then praising it. But it will make it easier to remember who was so blindly optimistic about this game even in the face of logic and reason and see whether they will still love the game as much a month from now.

• Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited August 2014
    If I remember correctly, they began working on Sims 3 shortly after Sims 2 launched (which is why the engine was out-dated by the time Sims 3 launched) and Sims 4 shortly after Sims 3 launched. I see no reason to suspect they will not start working on Sims 5 shortly after Sims 4 launches.

EA has been too protective of the Sims and their genre. They have spent so much money keeping other companies from making real competition for The Sims, I can't see them abandoning the series altogether just because Sims 4 flops (assuming it does). If EA is smart, they have already begun working on Sims 5, hopefully returning it to its sandbox origins. And making it a true successor to Sims 1, 2, and 3.

But, if they do walk away from the series, then we can hope that a company will pick up the genre who will do justice to it (like putting family play and progression back in it). I am not sure they could do much worse at this point.

ownership depends on the contract between Wright and EA. for all we know,Wright may have demanded ownership return to him if EA dropped it. i dont see the sims franchise going to anyone after EA. as you said,EA wont allow anyone else to have this or another in the market. but *shrugs* since everyone seems to be so business smart,im sure everyone will be right and the sims 5 will be made outside of all the loss and hate,and there wont be any worries for anyone. ;)
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, they began working on Sims 3 shortly after Sims 2 launched (which is why the engine was out-dated by the time Sims 3 launched) and Sims 4 shortly after Sims 3 launched. I see no reason to suspect they will not start working on Sims 5 shortly after Sims 4 launches.

EA has been too protective of the Sims and their genre. They have spent so much money keeping other companies from making real competition for The Sims, I can't see them abandoning the series altogether just because Sims 4 flops (assuming it does). If EA is smart, they have already begun working on Sims 5, hopefully returning it to its sandbox origins. And making it a true successor to Sims 1, 2, and 3.

But, if they do walk away from the series, then we can hope that a company will pick up the genre who will do justice to it (like putting family play and progression back in it). I am not sure they could do much worse at this point.

ownership depends on the contract between Wright and EA. for all we know,Wright may have demanded ownership return to him if EA dropped it. i dont see the sims franchise going to anyone after EA. as you said,EA wont allow anyone else to have this or another in the market. but *shrugs* since everyone seems to be so business smart,im sure everyone will be right and the sims 5 will be made outside of all the loss and hate,and there wont be any worries for anyone. ;)

I would totally be okay with Will Wright getting it back.

I am not claiming to be a business expert at all, I just don't see EA keep spending money on lawyers and such to keep other companies from creating a sims-like game if they abandon the title. EA isn't really a company to throw money away on something they do not expect to see a profit on. And logically, it doesn't make good sense. *shrugs*

But then again, EA has not been making smart decisions for a number of years now. Personally, I don't see them giving up on the Sims series just because of one fail. The real hope would be that they would learn something from it.
  • Options
    vicaddictvicaddict Posts: 340 Member
    There will definately be other Sims games. The whole franchise is way too big to stick a fork in it after one bad release.

That being said, the real question is for how long will TS4 be around and will TS5 be announced?

My take is, just like another user said, that TS4 will suffer the same fate as TSM. The developers are not stupid. They know that they are about to release a product that is unfinished and is lacking beloved features. Lets face it, they are 3 weeks bevore release and they still refuse to actually show us anything. The only things they talk about or keep showing us are rather cosmetic in nature. Emotions don't work that differend than the moodlets, multitasking is neat, but apart from that the game hardly offers any improvement. Even the graphics are just differend. Not better, not worse, just different. In fact they keep complaining that they can't point out all the other cool features, because the discussion always turns to the things that are missing. Well, if there were any other cool features, people would talk about them, but since the devs don't even mention anything else, why should we be talking about it?

Still, the delevopers are not the ones to blame. They got the order to develop an online game and halfway trough the process they had to improve... uhm remove the online part and make it an offline game. Why did they do this? Because EA saw it coming that an online game would utterly fail, so TS4 is just an attempt to get some of the money back that EA had invested already.

Will TS4 flop? Probably not. The franchise is too big to lose money, but will it be a success? I am pretty sure it won't. There a 21.000 simmers who have signed a petition, because the have the feeling this game stinks. Pre-orders are way below previous releases, so it is safe to assume that this game does not please the audience. Sure, all those people are just a tiny percentage of the millions of simmers out there, but why would those millions of simmers out there purchse the game blind? Why would they not watch lets play videos, read articles or why would they just put up with it? It is safe to assume that even a chunk of the silent masses are as unhappy as people on the forums are.

They won't throw a dozen EP's in our way, because people are fed up. Which brings us to another related topic. Even die hard fans are tired of purchasing the same EP's over and over again. If I am not mistaken lots of players skipped TS3, because they didn't want to purchase all their TS2 EP's again. Why should people do it now? EA somehow has to come up with another way of extending the series. I don't know what the solution should or could be, but if I am not mistaken TS3 sold more copies of the base game than TS1 or 2, but less expansion packs. They need to adress this topic, before they launch other EP's. One could assume that the premium membership could be an attempt to introduce another way of distributing content, but people are mad about it too. Rightly so.

Conclusion: While TS4 might be a nice foundation to build on, it certainly is not a game that is up to standard. EA, Maxis, whoever makes the decision are most certainly working on TS5 already and I am not talking about early drafts or sketches of a game that is to come in 6 or 7 years. TS4 will reach the end of its life cycle way earlier. I mean, EA is in a lose:lose situation. If they don't release an EP with pools and toddlers and stuff, people will complain and not buy the game. If they release it, people will be complaing because EA is charging them for basic features. EA would have to release these things for free. Not going to happen. Due to the size of it, impossible to patch it in maybe.

So, no. TS4 will not be the end of the series, but it is an attempt to make money off an unfinished product. You have to give EA some credit. They tried to evolve the game and take it to the next level, meaning online. People didn't like. I certainly don't and they dropped the idea. That doesn't change the fact that TS4 is going to be a poor release, but it tells you that EA probably got the point. Simmers no like online, duh.

My take is that there will be two, maybe three EP's to save face, but TS5 will be around in no more three years from now.
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    TS4 will do fine, I don't know why people are worrying. Even if it doesn't, EA won't drop the franchise; it's far to valuable. There is SO much money to be made from a game like The Sims because of the way content can be broken down and sold in bits; you don't really get that with many other games. Try taking the tanks out of Command & Conquer or the guns out of Call of Duty; you just can't sell content in that way. Granted, they can and do still provide forms of DLC for their other franchises, however, The Sims is by far the easiest franchise for which to sell DLC. Don't forget TS3 Store. Charging £6 a pop just for one piece of 'Premium Content.' That's six quid for ONE item. The other advantage they have with The Sims franchise is that a lot of the players don't buy the content themselves; their parents do it for them. So, whilst I may look at an item and actually consider whether or not I really need it, given my monthly pay packet, someone who relies on their parents will simply tell them they want it without actually thinking about whether or not they need it in their game. EA have an absolute gold mine in The Sims franchise. It won't die. Anyone who is using SimCity as an example; apply my above example to that franchise and then cater for the fact that a majority of the players for that game are adults. That (aswell is the disastrous launch which left a bad taste in most peoples mouths) is what really killed the SC franchise; they just could not sell the additional content.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    vicaddict wrote: »
    They won't throw a dozen EP's in our way, because people are fed up. Which brings us to another related topic. Even die hard fans are tired of purchasing the same EP's over and over again. If I am not mistaken lots of players skipped TS3, because they didn't want to purchase all their TS2 EP's again. Why should people do it now? EA somehow has to come up with another way of extending the series. I don't know what the solution should or could be, but if I am not mistaken TS3 sold more copies of the base game than TS1 or 2, but less expansion packs. They need to adress this topic, before they launch other EP's. One could assume that the premium membership could be an attempt to introduce another way of distributing content, but people are mad about it too. Rightly so.

Relating to the above- i do not see how simmers can be fed up with the expansions unless they are tired of its concept. you MUST expand on it,this is the purpose behind the simulation. So i dont feel its as the above but people are sick of its concept. they want a *full* already completed PC game with everything in it and at a fixed price but it makes me wonder why. since its been this way since the start,why demand for the concept to change suddenly? as far the EP's them selves,what content do you (or those who feel that way) expect there to be? its a *life* simulation,so it will have life simulation related content (pets,schools,clothes,night clubs,cars,ect.) sure we can ask for things like space,or any new addition but any life simulation will always have the normal life simulated expansions.

I honestly believe that those who are tired of the EP's are mostly new players who are not understanding or caring about the concept behind the EP's or the sims its self. i miss the sims 1 and 2 days,before people started ruining it with demands of some selfish nature. another reason i know it wont last.

• Options
    vicaddictvicaddict Posts: 340 Member
    Relating to the above- i do not see how simmers can be fed up with the expansions unless they are tired of its concept. you MUST expand on it,this is the purpose behind the simulation. So i dont feel its as the above but people are sick of its concept. they want a *full* already completed PC game with everything in it and at a fixed price but it makes me wonder why. since its been this way since the start,why demand for the concept to change suddenly? as far the EP's them selves,what content do you (or those who feel that way) expect there to be? its a *life* simulation,so it will have life simulation related content (pets,schools,clothes,night clubs,cars,ect.) sure we can ask for things like space,or any new addition but any life simulation will always have the normal life simulated expansions.

I honestly believe that those who are tired of the EP's are mostly new players who are not understanding or caring about the concept behind the EP's or the sims its self. i miss the sims 1 and 2 days,before people started ruining it with demands of some selfish nature. another reason i know it wont last.

I think that you are mistaken or exaggerating. People don't expect TS4 to be TS3 plus all the EP's. They expect to see a working base game with content similar to previous base games, maybe a bit more. Building upon the foundation of the previous Sim game. TS4 doesn't.

While I never played TS1 or TS2 I have to say that I don't really care for toddlers or pools, but there are other things like the open world or story progression that bother me. I don't expect EA to include pets or other things, but in my oppinion TS4 offers less content than the TS3 base game did. That is the problem. The gurus are trying to negate the fact by telling us that they had to make sacrifices. Yeah. Walking styles, nobody really wanted are in, but other things are not. In fact Graham confessed that the game lacks so many things, because they had no idea on how to manage the development team or because they created an engine that made it too hard to program it. It is 2014 and while every other game has an open world, The Sims go back to tiny little lots and loading screens. Really? The fact that this game is a mess is because it was supposed to be online. The same team that created an impossible engine to work with in the first place, rewrote an online game in a hush and is selling it as the next best thing. People don't buy it. Literally. They are not buying the story, they are not buying the game. Not because it isn't for free, but because they know it stinks.

Why am I supposed to pay for a base game that is so much less than the TS3 base game? I don't even see much of a difference regarding graphics. I just don't see it. Many people don't. Not because it lacks one or two specific features. It lacks so many of them. It simply lacks an outstanding feature or two that would make us believe it is worth sacrificing other things. It is more like "Hey guys, you don't have pools, but we added another cool thing! Guess what? From now on you don't have to spend all this time picking the right colour, we just reduced them to 10 or 12! Isn't this awesome!"

A side note. I do understand that EP's are part of the concept. They have to be. I am fully aware of it. Yet I understand simmers who don't want to purchase yet another EP that deals with pets or university or the future or whatever when they already own it. EA lacks innovation. It is the same content over and over again and it is my understanding that it is less content in every generation of the Sims. People are tired of it and unless EA can convince them that TS4 is so much better, they won't buy it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I think that you are mistaken or exaggerating. People don't expect TS4 to be TS3 plus all the EP's. They expect to see a working base game with content similar to previous base games, maybe a bit more. Building upon the foundation of the previous Sim game. TS4 doesn't.

While I never played TS1 or TS2 I have to say that I don't really care for toddlers or pools, but there are other things like the open world or story progression that bother me. I don't expect EA to include pets or other things, but in my oppinion TS4 offers less content than the TS3 base game did. That is the problem. The gurus are trying to negate the fact by telling us that they had to make sacrifices. Yeah. Walking styles, nobody really wanted are in, but other things are not. In fact Graham confessed that the game lacks so many things, because they had no idea on how to manage the development team or because they created an engine that made it too hard to program it. It is 2014 and while every other game has an open world, The Sims go back to tiny little lots and loading screens. Really? The fact that this game is a mess is because it was supposed to be online. The same team that created an impossible engine to work with in the first place, rewrote an online game in a hush and is selling it as the next best thing. People don't buy it. Literally. They are not buying the story, they are not buying the game. Not because it isn't for free, but because they know it stinks.

Why am I supposed to pay for a base game that is so much less than the TS3 base game? I don't even see much of a difference regarding graphics. I just don't see it. Many people don't. Not because it lacks one or two specific features. It lacks so many of them. It simply lacks an outstanding feature or two that would make us believe it is worth sacrificing other things. It is more like "Hey guys, you don't have pools, but we added another cool thing! Guess what? From now on you don't have to spend all this time picking the right colour, we just reduced them to 10 or 12! Isn't this awesome!"

A side note. I do understand that EP's are part of the concept. They have to be. I am fully aware of it. Yet I understand simmers who don't want to purchase yet another EP that deals with pets or university or the future or whatever when they already own it. EA lacks innovation. It is the same content over and over again and it is my understanding that it is less content in every generation of the Sims. People are tired of it and unless EA can convince them that TS4 is so much better, they won't buy it.

Okay i have no idea about half of what your saying because it seems or feels like, that you are rambling about ends that do not meet the means. There are *many* things that people want out of this game, yes thats true but being unrealistic is childish. Its like demanding that World of Warcraft be made into a shooter instead of an mmo rpg...-_- you BUY WOW because you know its concept and you like it and you understand it,thats the reason you even buy it. to complain AFTER the fact,that it is an mmo rpg and it needs to be a shooter,is VOID and done by minds that are ONLY after their own ends. If you or anyone else,really understood that- then *getting bored of the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 day* would not be an issue. That being said,you also then need to look at its content. there are many things that people (of many different styles) do not like about WOW. they either stop playing or they deal with those things because the pros out weigh the cons. You dont stand in the middle of it and demand that the incoming content (weapons/armor/new locations) be changed or altered in some way,because you are...bored of the concept. these things are its VERY foundation and it is selfish to demand they be changed. you can freely ignore content packs as stated above: do not buy or do buy,because the pros out weigh the cons. With SO many complaints but not ONE single one of them will prove they have a head on their shoulders and do something about it. they walk head on with their eyes shut and blame everyone and everything else. does the sims 4 not suit you? do you not like the content or lack there of? do you feel its a rip off? do you feel it deserves the boot? then what will YOU do about it other then robbing others of what they feel is worth their time and money? But to ignorantly demand for its very concept to be changed,its content altered-- is beyond reasoning. The entire time you took to post this to me,could have made a HUGE DIFFERENCE to EA and could have motivated them in a way that you feel you deserve. And that goes for ANYONE who feels the same way you do. if you can put SO MUCH effort into this but you can not,in making EA see or feel your side,then it is YOUR loss. World of Warcraft is built and centered around,packs that alter story line-- should its players then say *we dont want that pack anymore because we are bored..give us something completely unrelated to the concept of WOW* :| and you yourself just compared past games to 4,how then can you say that this is NOT how players see it? i have seen many, who can not speak of 4 without comparing it to 3. actions speak louder then words im afraid. I could give a rats 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about EA or anything else,thats how i feel about it and EA can ONLY convince them of what they want to be convinced of. Its crap to you but it is NOT me and that goes for my opinion on it vs yours. The one thing i hate about humanity is that they think they have the right to destroy heaven and earth,if their *opinion* felt it should be.
    Post edited by LovenVincent on

• Options
    savkethekingsavketheking Posts: 184 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have this theory, that The Sims 5 will be released on Febuary 4th, 2020, on the 20th anniversary of The Sims.
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    I think there will be another Sims game. And another and one more.......
  • Options
    duck74duck74 Posts: 686 Member
    Of course there will be a sims 5, all EA games sell well no matter what.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited August 2014
    Kill the Sims series! It has become another Call of Duty. The series should've ended with The Sims 3. There's not many new stuff left going for a life simulator. It's time EA makes a new game series that isn't a life simulator or a first-person shooter game. EA should publish an original game franchise. I don't want to see the Sims franchise be milked to death.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    I really hope there will be a Sims 5 because I love all the Sims games and I want to keep playing it for many years to come...
  • Options
    I really hope there will be a Sims 5 because I love all the Sims games and I want to keep playing it for many years to come...

So do I.

• Options
    DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    edited August 2014
    Asking this on a forum that is (mostly) full of people complaining about Sims 4 is just..

8tEwHSs.gif

I am in love with this gif, seriously.
  • Options
    SmellySimFeetSmellySimFeet Posts: 199 Member
    There will be a Sims 5 but it won't be branded Sims and it will be published by a different company.
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes, its EA's cash cow. They'd be stupid not to.
  • Options
    LavenderZayLavenderZay Posts: 710 Member
    I feel like there may not be a Sims 5. It really depends on Sims 4. If they get new players, then they'll definitely do Sims 5.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    EA is a money machine. The sales figures are coupled with expectations. If the sales figures drop way behind the expectations I bet EA pulls the plug before they "waste" any more money on this franchise. They also have to satisfy their shareholders.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »
    Sims 4 is going to sell just fine.

You have to remember a few things:

1) The people complaining about this game across various forums represent less than one tenth of percent of the total number of Sim fans out there.
    2) It's mostly the same people complaining over and over again.
    3) The game isn't even out yet so a lot of the criticism is based on speculation. Once there are let's plays out there and videos and screenshots and thousands of fans all singing Sims 4 praises then the game will start selling like hotcakes.
    About 1: Official source please!
    About 2: The number is growing. I see new users who are disappointed and I see also users who were excited at first but not anymore.
    About 3: We base our criticism on official facts.

Conclusion: The content of your whole post are just assumptions which you pulled out of your plum!

Post edited by Cyron43 on
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited August 2014
    I remember just before Sims 3 came out posting oh well, roll on Sims 4. Ive felt quite negative about Sims 4, but ive read Pinstars reviews and ive seen a 20 minutes lets play, and its going to be ok. Yes its missing some things that we took for granted as base game items, and maybe EA have completely missed the point about what the players actually want in the game, but we have to see what the base game does deliver. Right now I cant get worked up about the emotions, but maybe I will change my mind when I get to play them.

I didn't like Sims3 for a long time, I stopped playing it for about 2 years. Then I went back to it, caught up on all the EPs I had missed out on, bought practically the whole store! discovered nraas and then discovered I loved it! The same will happen with Sims 4 ive no doubt, but EA DO need to listen to what the players actually want, rather than what they think we want.

I could carry on playing SIMS 3 but I wont. I had to uninstall it all in any case to get the Sims 4 demo working so that was a bummer. Im going to give Sims 4 my best shot and hopefully it wont be too long before we get the first couple of EPs which will round the game out somewhat.

Im hoping that with sims 5 EA will have learned to listen
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    EA is a money machine. The sales figures are coupled with expectations. If the sales figures drop way behind the expectations I bet EA pulls the plug before they "waste" any more money on this franchise. They also have to satisfy their shareholders.

Yes. as you notice as well around the forums,players (on top of this) wanting those figures given to them freely. not including the constant negative feed back (a lot of which isnt even true and just based on opinion- aka fact isnt the same as opinion) is why i fear. the main and biggest mind set,to owning and running a business is this: to make your money work for you and successfully. that includes investing,spending,cuts or any choices made- has to be made with that in mind. Constant spending and investing with no working,is like digging a deep hole. continuing is a bad choice for business and profit. But if EA was given alternatives to making that profit,be it through dsl,ep's,or double the content- as long as it allowed that money to work for them,they would do it. NOT if there is massive loss.

• Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    EA will do a sims 5 as long as simmers are still easily blinded by their marketing strategies.
  • Options

Okay i have no idea about half of what your saying because it seems or feels like, that you are rambling about ends that do not meet the means. There are *many* things that people want out of this game, yes thats true but being unrealistic is childish. Its like demanding that World of Warcraft be made into a shooter instead of an mmo rpg...-_- you BUY WOW because you know its concept and you like it and you understand it,thats the reason you even buy it. to complain AFTER the fact,that it is an mmo rpg and it needs to be a shooter,is VOID and done by minds that are ONLY after their own ends. If you or anyone else,really understood that- then *getting bored of the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 day* would not be an issue. That being said,you also then need to look at its content. there are many things that people (of many different styles) do not like about WOW. they either stop playing or they deal with those things because the pros out weigh the cons. You dont stand in the middle of it and demand that the incoming content (weapons/armor/new locations) be changed or altered in some way,because you are...bored of the concept. these things are its VERY foundation and it is selfish to demand they be changed. you can freely ignore content packs as stated above: do not buy or do buy,because the pros out weigh the cons. With SO many complaints but not ONE single one of them will prove they have a head on their shoulders and do something about it. they walk head on with their eyes shut and blame everyone and everything else. does the sims 4 not suit you? do you not like the content or lack there of? do you feel its a rip off? do you feel it deserves the boot? then what will YOU do about it other then robbing others of what they feel is worth their time and money? But to ignorantly demand for its very concept to be changed,its content altered-- is beyond reasoning. The entire time you took to post this to me,could have made a HUGE DIFFERENCE to EA and could have motivated them in a way that you feel you deserve. And that goes for ANYONE who feels the same way you do. if you can put SO MUCH effort into this but you can not,in making EA see or feel your side,then it is YOUR loss. World of Warcraft is built and centered around,packs that alter story line-- should its players then say *we dont want that pack anymore because we are bored..give us something completely unrelated to the concept of WOW* :| and you yourself just compared past games to 4,how then can you say that this is NOT how players see it? i have seen many, who can not speak of 4 without comparing it to 3. actions speak louder then words im afraid. I could give a rats 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about EA or anything else,thats how i feel about it and EA can ONLY convince them of what they want to be convinced of. Its crap to you but it is NOT me and that goes for my opinion on it vs yours. The one thing i hate about humanity is that they think they have the right to destroy heaven and earth,if their *opinion* felt it should be.

I apologize because I can not read your full post, as this forum is too bright to post up a wall of text like this and be able to follow it. The forum already hurts my eyes. Breaking up log posts into paragraphs would make it easier to read. I don't mind long posts at all; I tend to post them myself, but this new forum is not friendly on the eyes.

Anyway, comparing Sims to WoW just doesn't work for me because Blizzard actually cares about their game. Even after 10 years, they still keep adding to it, and they actually try to fix their bugs! Look at Sims 3, so many issues and bugs were never addressed at all, let alone fixed. The same team that worked on Sims 3 is working on Sims 4. I don't understand how people can disregard the issues of the past five years and suddenly expect a game from the same people without bugs and over-the-top features (i.e. attraction system, paparazzi, ghost/simbot-type reactions, etc).

I am not knocking the people who create the game, I am sure they do their best with what they are given. But at its core, Sims 4's engine is designed for social media games, not PC games. It will be limited to what it can do. We have a a Sims 3 with its horrible engine situation all over again. :(

In the end, we will just have to wait and see what will happen. I think, a month or two from now, it will be interesting to see how many people who said they would not buy the game at release end up buying it, as well as how many of the people who are defending the game so blindly are still so in love with it.

• Options
    edited August 2014

I apologize because I can not read your full post, as this forum is too bright to post up a wall of text like this and be able to follow it. The forum already hurts my eyes. Breaking up log posts into paragraphs would make it easier to read. I don't mind long posts at all; I tend to post them myself, but this new forum is not friendly on the eyes.

Anyway, comparing Sims to WoW just doesn't work for me because Blizzard actually cares about their game. Even after 10 years, they still keep adding to it, and they actually try to fix their bugs! Look at Sims 3, so many issues and bugs were never addressed at all, let alone fixed. The same team that worked on Sims 3 is working on Sims 4. I don't understand how people can disregard the issues of the past five years and suddenly expect a game from the same people without bugs and over-the-top features (i.e. attraction system, paparazzi, ghost/simbot-type reactions, etc).

I am not knocking the people who create the game, I am sure they do their best with what they are given. But at its core, Sims 4's engine is designed for social media games, not PC games. It will be limited to what it can do. We have a a Sims 3 with its horrible engine situation all over again. :(

In the end, we will just have to wait and see what will happen. I think, a month or two from now, it will be interesting to see how many people who said they would not buy the game at release end up buying it, as well as how many of the people who are defending the game so blindly are still so in love with it.

On the subject of WoW (as a past player myself of over 5 years- though i stopped playing long ago) I will admit that Blizzard has been a rollercoaster when it comes to the needs or wants of its players. Sure comparing the two may seem pointless or otherwise comparing apples to oranges but it does have its purposes. That is a completely different community as well (and not one i would like to be apart of) I agree with you about the sims 3,its massive bugs and issues- i am not a fan of the sims 3 for those reasons. I am a sims 2 person and always will be as i personally feel that it was (and still is) the best sims game to date. MY point in all this,is that change doesnt come to those who want it because they take their anger/frustration out on each other. I am not here to change anyones opinion or to have mine changed but to have people achieve what they feel they need,through better and correct means- then to remain here constantly with a chip on their shoulder,refusing to understand other simmers who may not have the same issue/opinion as they do. I know of everything in or not in,the sims 4 and what many do not like about it but i simply can NOT boost that because i do not feel the same way. Yes it was originally made for online play. Whats my feelings on that? i personally do not care,as long as it no longer has it. I lived my personal life being dragged down,spread out like butter on bread and many other horrible life experiences,so i learned the hard way- that there are more important things then to let your life revolve around a video game,the opinions of others and many other pointless things. the best i can do is wish you luck and hope things work out for you the way you want them to. I just do not feel that will happen without effort. Knowing EA that is. Many feel EA is money hungry then claim EA will give them stuff for free. They are ramblings of the confused and angry.