Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is EA confused? (Post Gamescom Conf)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    Cyron43 wrote: »
    I question how she died :P
    I sense scripted gameplay again.

Not as much as before at least, but I haven't seen anything new. :(

Edit: Oh some new stuff, dancing and weird virtual gameplay thing.

The game isn't finished yet, ...
    DVD production and shipment is running since two weeks already. Have a look on the calendar.
    Are you saying DVD production is running since it ships in 2 weeks, or that DVD production has been running for 2 weeks already? If the later, when/where was this announced? I haven't heard anything about the game going gold.

"In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    They really need to get some new ppl doing this. Rachel is awful and I hope she's fired from her position or at the very least barred from doing things like this again. She does a terrible job. This seems to be a recurring theme over at EA, people doing their jobs poorly

Once again I must go to another source to get informed and excited about the game because those clowns can't do it properly.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm starting to feel more and more like there really isn't anything FUN and EXCITING to show. At this point they might just be trying to sell it because it is Sims and make enough to call it a 'success' money wise.
  • Options
    Ralf453Ralf453 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Ralf453 wrote: »
    What was the announcement? I seem to have missed it due to sleep :\

They announced that the sims 4 CAS demo was avaliable for anyone to play, most people already knew this though!

Aw boooo, almost everyone knew this already lol :p
    grumpy-cat-lick.gif
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    Yes there is, they could have shown a sim unlocking one of the hidden places in either of the towns, now that would have been cool
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    They really need to get some new ppl doing this. Rachel is awful and I hope she's fired from her position or at the very least barred from doing things like this again. She does a terrible job. This seems to be a recurring theme over at EA, people doing their jobs poorly

Once again I must go to another source to get informed and excited about the game because those clowns can't do it properly.

A new company to take over would be a better idea. EA only buys games to run them into the ground :/
    Post edited by 06Bon06 on
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    I thought it was hilarious, but not in the way they wanted.

They had clearly set up this whole 'Hungry Games' thing & it looked like it had taken a while to set up. They unpaused & the girl just keeled over and DIED! The woman tried to cover up by explaining how someone can make a plea to Grim - then they cut away to something else. No 'Hungry Games' with all that was set up. :s

And that guy Peter clearly knew next to nothing about the game. :)
  • Options
    RohrlachRohrlach Posts: 60 Member
    edited August 2014
    The whole thing was just so completely underwhelming. The game launches in a few weeks and they're still mucking us about!
    DbprQGm.gif
  • Options
    SpunkyBeliSpunkyBeli Posts: 915 Member
    Peter the promoter, clearly not player
    First Sims 4 expansion = Wanting X tumblr_l9szamVtGc1qaj989.gif Squared
  • Options
    littlebrightpandalittlebrightpanda Posts: 96 New Member
    First I thought "Finally Peter Moore!". Then I thought "What the heck does he have to do with the Sims?". And then I thought it was funny that things did not go as planned. But at the same time demoing a simulation game on the stage is challenging, especially if you showcase difficult scenarios. That would have worked better in a live broadcast. Even the Dragon Age footage cut off at an awkward stage because of the time limit.

I do hope that there's a live broadcast or something similar for the game. I didn't expect something big for the presentation.
  • Options
    FeMillahFeMillah Posts: 201 Member
    After watching the Gamescom conference I am very sure that EA or at least the producers and executives of The Sims 4 game do have no idea what the sims fans or people want.

1- where was the gameplay? A sim dying immediately after unpausing the game is not a gameplay!!
    2- 5 or 6 persons went on stage but we got nothing.
    3- it looked as the people who were presenting the game were not excited and have no idea what they are presenting!!
    4- I am sure if they would have allowed a fan to go on stage, or one of the creator camp simmers would have done a much much better job.
    5- are we paying for a game to kill our sims immediately? How many times are we being shown death?
    6- As a family player I feel totally left out with this version of Sims, completely ignored. I know there are many fans like me who would have loved if they show a simple 10 mins gameplay about families. Where is the family aspect in Sims 4? For god sake we still do not know if family tree is in or not!!

EA please dont make or attend any more conferences, the more you do with this game the worse it seems to get. The reason is that the people you put in charge have no clue what this game is about. I know the gurus are doing their best but they are not the ones who take decisions. The Sims 2 executive team done a great job into making The Sims game what it was intended to be. I dont know what more to say.

Did you like their presentation?

1) I think the person playing was stressed, and used a cheat code, and simply forgot that if you set the hunger bar to zero, your sim dies. simple as that, could have happened in sims 2 and 3 too, I don't think it was planned and that's why them just skipped that maze.
    2-3)Off course they acted that way, is was a press conference, a lot of people do not know what The sims (4) is, the best way to inform people is to answer questions that seems normal to people who knows absolutely nothing about the game, and if you take the ignorant glasses on, I think they did a really good job on the presentation on that very little time they got.
    5) No, but the hunger game challenge is very popular at the younger players, I know my brothers do it a lot.
    6) Yes, but a family gameplay wouldn't show new things. But I would have liked that as well.

Overall I think they presented the game well to the press, and hopefully it will get positive reviews and sell great. As a long timer simmer I would have liked more details but I think/hope that's it's coming in the following days of gamescom, otherwise the game is out in 3 weeks, and then I going to figure things out for myself. I like surprises. :)
    SATC-GIF.gif
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    I just can't get over how robotic both Rachel Franklin and Ryan Vaughan are. They are like car salesmen. Every time I see either of them in a video they are painfully fake. What bothers me most is that it doesn't seem like they really like the sims 4 at all.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    I don't think that live demo came off anything like they hoped. Peter Moore and Rachel Franklin seemed to be playing good cop/ bad cop.
    Rachel: "This is gonna be fun, Peter."
    Peter: "Alright, well, we'll see about that."

The neighborhood demo was over-hyped. I believe anyone who watched that and does not know more about the game, are going to be really disappointed. They show this large looking neighborhood, but people who are seeing it for the first time don't know only a tiny section of that is actually playable.

She's talking about "amazing depth" and "amazing richness" and being able to explore and have adventures. Exploring and adventuring usually take place in sweeping landscapes. Any exploring and adventuring are going to be tapped out in a short amount of time in these tiny neighborhoods. I still have not seen a demonstration of what she is claiming about these neighborhoods. She talked about plant clippings and fishing, and meeting other sims. All the social situations I seen so far seem pretty normal and what I would expect from general sim game play. I have yet to see amazing, other than multi-tasking, which is really nice, but not amazing.

Sure there are more of these tiny 'hoods, but they still add up to half the size of what we are used to. Worlds are going to cost us more money. It will probably take 4 or 5 connected neighborhoods before this amazing depth and richness kicks in.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    PosterGirlPosterGirl Posts: 641 Member
    I agree and was hoping they would be showing off:

-family life and interactions
    -what it actually looks like when babies age into children (transition)
    -more of the two worlds
    -all the venues and the objects inside
    -the improved A.I.
    -multiple scenarios of new ways Sims can multi-task
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    The more I see their demos, the more I am convinced that they don't really know how to show gameplay. It feels like they are trying too hard to have things be interesting instead of just showing us a small portion of actually play. Because if nothing happens, it wouldn't be weird or strange or interesting. :\

And I don't know about you guys, but I don't play my games will walls up. If they put the walls at half and zoomed out just a little bit or adjusted the angle of the video, it would have been a lot better. (to me at least) Eh, good thing that I don't play my game the way they do anyway.
  • Options
    vicaddictvicaddict Posts: 340 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    it doesn't seem like they really like the sims 4 at all.

We don't. Why should they like it? B)

• Options
    MintieeMintiee Posts: 139 Member
    It was painful. The guy, Peter, is it? He had no idea at all and he wouldn't stop chiming in with distracting, unfunny comments that kept throwing the woman (Rachel?) off her stride. Not that she seemed to be handling it very well, anyway. It was all very underwhelming. The gameplay they did manage to show had no depth at all, it was like they hadn't really planned anything beyond trying to be a bit amusing with the sim of the guy in CAS.

It didn't help that they were all "we're going to leap into this simulation, guys, and its so wacky and bizarre, anything could happen! We just don't know what's in store, but we're excited to show you, lets get to it and have some fun!" Like, you know, it was a tour of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. And then what did happen was one of their sims dropped dead and Bob ate some pancakes.

There was nothing new for fans of the series, just the same tired material for the causal bystander who have may have missed all this stuff when they did it at E3. That may be why all the official PR for this game seems to be somebody with a bit of Sims background introducing the game to somebody who has never played it. It's all that's in the gaming articles, too. I wonder if they think they can only impress people who are completely new to the series? They seem to have difficulty impressing the people who are already familiar with the game.
  • Options
    SmellySimFeetSmellySimFeet Posts: 199 Member
    vicaddict wrote: »
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    it doesn't seem like they really like the sims 4 at all.

We don't. Why should they like it? B)

True, we are only here for the drama. Can't wait for release day!
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    That was one of the worst things I ever saw. My eyes actually hurt from rolling them around in my head so much. If I had to guess why Peter was there it was to " show his love and support" for the Sims, considering how many of us have been saying for months that he doesn't give a rats behind about the sims or the fans. This ACT in no way made me think he does. It's amazing, three differn't game shows, and they still haven't shown, or told us crap. Way to go EA!! Way to go. Pb9gC.gif
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    Aare we paying for a game to kill our sims immediately? How many times are we being shown death?

The sims don't have much to do, other than work out and die.

• Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I'm glad I was not alone who did not like this presentation. After this I would suggest EA not to have any more conferences, no more trailers, shut down the marketing department completely and invest the money in the game instead. Release the game quietly because the more these people talk about it the more I tend to dislike it
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    English Simmer released a video Lets play The Sims 4, watch it guys. This is how EA's executives and producers should have presented the game. They could do what she did in 15 minutes, be so natural, does not need staged gameplay and everybody would love it. Why EA is that difficult for you?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif