Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Frustrated loyal simmer

To hear that there are a lot of wall styles, or objects like curtains or beds, etc., that you just can't match with anything, so much so that talented sim creators like Ruthless_KK and BillSim felt they had to choose a different object altogether to make things work aesthetically, is just sad.

Really? Professional artists on EA's staff couldn't get this area of the game right? When you took CASt out of the new game, this is one area that needed to be perfected. Not unreasonable for us paying for the title to demand it either. Making our own games look good without loads of CC became a HUGE part of simming thanks to TS3 and CASt. You really let us down on this one.

Get someone on your team that actually plays the game, to whom all the little details such as this being perfected means something important. It really doesn't take any more time to have every object have 10-15 matching or complimentary presets with everything else, than it does to give them 10-15 presets that don't work together.

Just sad. It makes one wonder what other areas we are going to discover a lack of attention to detail like this?

Comments

• Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yup.

This game sucks.
  • Options
    LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    edited August 2014
    The problem is that you seem to want to play Sims 4 to build houses. That's not very tactile! Why don't you forget about home-building, families, and other staples of the series, and sit back and watch your Sims host a sports party to die for -- LITERALLY!!!!!!!#@!!!!!!!!@! And man, these cupcakes are delicious.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you, Mark. I'd hoped a long while back when we found out there would be no CASt that they would hire someone with style, taste and maybe even a degree in design to help them along. Going by what we had in Sims 3 alone for their idea of awesomeness, I knew there could be BIG trouble with no way to customize.

I really had hoped they'd get their crap together on this. Very disappointing to hear they did not. I love building and decorating so I guess I may well stick with TS3 for that.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm sad too.
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2014
    Legendary, your comment cracked me up! One of my new heroes.

Jessa_Dakkar, I wish they could have had the foresight to hire someone familiar with the Garranimals technology that has been with the human race since the 70s.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yup.

This game sucks.

You should wait until release before making a full conclusion.
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited August 2014
    Legendary wrote:
    The problem is that you seem to want to play Sims 4 to build houses. That's not very tactile! Why don't you forget about home-building, families, and other staples of the series, and sit back and watch your Sims host a sports party to die for -- LITERALLY!!!!!!!#@!!!!!!!!@! And man, these cupcakes are delicious.

LMAO! Awesome.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    To hear that there are a lot of wall styles, or objects like curtains or beds, etc., that you just can't match with anything, so much so that talented sim creators like Ruthless_KK and BillSim felt they had to choose a different object altogether to make things work aesthetically, is just sad.

Really? Professional artists on EA's staff couldn't get this area of the game right? When you took CASt out of the new game, this is one area that needed to be perfected. Not unreasonable for us paying for the title to demand it either. Making our own games look good without loads of CC became a HUGE part of simming thanks to TS3 and CASt. You really let us down on this one.

Get someone on your team that actually plays the game, to whom all the little details such as this being perfected means something important. It really doesn't take any more time to have every object have 10-15 matching or complimentary presets with everything else, than it does to give them 10-15 presets that don't work together.

Just sad. It makes one wonder what other areas we are going to discover a lack of attention to detail like this?

You are so right.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yup, you said it all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited August 2014

I don't think it will be a very big issue... It was done fine in The Sims 2! I never use CC anyway (CC not mods, I use mods) CC scares me :shock: So I will get used to it.

~Kaleb
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just played TS2 last night after a long break. I couldn't even match a chair to a couch not only because of the lack of textures and colors due to limited presets ( I don't have all my CC back in yet) but not even a matching style.

When we deal with presets EA is notorious for not even matching furniture styles. But this might change for an online TS4 Store, don't you think? No love seat to match that couch? Buy it in the TS4 store!

Don't even get me started on curtains and windows that don't fit, or match anything.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    justin5812justin5812 Posts: 632 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yup.

This game sucks.
    That's certainly an opinion
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    I just played TS2 last night after a long break. I couldn't even match a chair to a couch not only because of the lack of textures and colors due to limited presets ( I don't have all my CC back in yet) but not even a matching style.

When we deal with presets EA is notorious for not even matching furniture styles. But this might change for an online TS4 Store, don't you think? No love seat to match that couch? Buy it in the TS4 store!

Don't even get me started on curtains and windows that don't fit, or match anything.

This -- you'll have plenty of choices in the Store if you're willing to pay for them...or go hunting down CC and hope it's not going to break your game. :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited August 2014
    If you have a great taste and sense of matching things - you can make a candy from crap.

Advise for everybody that's afraid that decorating will be hard in Sims4: if you are not skilled enough in decorating, stick with neutral colors like light green, light yellow, beige and try to make white your base color for furniture. For example you can paint your walls with light green, all furniture white and add some flowers and deco items to fit the style. Also think of the other color that goes well with green (e.g. yellow, purple - it's gonna be fresh and will make you think of the spring season).
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited August 2014

agreed
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yup.

This game sucks.

Yes, it will suck. That about sums it up. :D
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited August 2014
    Legendary wrote:

Are you serious?

• Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited August 2014
    I know this well.
    CASt or at least a Color Wheel are still needed. Nope, i won't hunt down CC because EA is being paid to do things right, so, that's their work, not the customers. The way i see it, is that in past games people complained about the lack of support (harder) to implement CC and Mods. Now it seems EA is relying on them, which is ironic.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited August 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    I know this well.
    CASt or at least a Color Wheel are still needed. Nope, i won't hunt down CC because EA is being paid to do things right, so, that's their work, not the customers. The way i see it, is that in past games people complained about the lack of support (harder) to implement CC and Mods. Now it seems EA is relying on them, which is ironic.

I agree at the minimum a color wheel is needed. We should have to download hundreds and hundreds of recolors just to have thing match or have something in a color we want.
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2014

I completely agree with this.

I loved Sims 2, and I can't even go back to play it now because of the GLARING problems with the color choices they gave us in presets.

CASt was the best thing about Sims 3 in my opinion and I don't know if I care to try to create without it.

When RUTHY says there is a big problem with the presets that they have chosen, I would bet my house that there are big problems there. Her suggestion of having ten to fifteen standard, MATCHING, colors for each piece of furniture, curtains, and rugs, along with both a black and white option for each thing, would certainly help. However, I have to say that it would still be in no way a good replacement from CASt.

I think EA made a cripplingly bad decision to do away with CASt for Sims 4 if they REALLY want the creative community to love their game.

Just my opinion.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    Legendary wrote:

Are you serious?

No, I'm pretty sure that was NOT meant to be serious. I won't speak for Legandary, but I perceived that as a clever bit of sarcasm aimed at the marketing that we are getting about Sims 4 from EA.

I can't be the only one who is tired of the word "tactile" can I? And I also really don't want to know any more about "intuitive" and "emotional" stuff to do with Sims 4, even if the game is chock-full of both.

Maybe I'm just grumpy at two AM. :mrgreen:

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited August 2014
    I agree with the op completely on this. Why EA have neglected the creative players, people who literally play the sims in order to actually create and design rather than just play the sims themselves, I just don't understand. I don't get it!

I'm an older player, drawn into the sims series with Sims 3 because of the design and colour capability. Creating colour schemes is what immerses me in the game so to take this tool out of the game is pretty much taking away my reason for playing.

Very sad and so unnecessary! I would consider myself a valuable customer because I tend to buy all the expansions and store stuff so EA are really shooting themselves in the foot here if people like me are being turned off Sims 4.

I don't understand why they thought the colour and design aspect of the game isn't important. It certainly is to me!