Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Old Gen Simmers vs New Gen Simmers?

Comments

• Options
    rebekah512rebekah512 Posts: 881 Member
    edited August 2014
    Started with Sims 2, purchased every expansion pack for it and for Sims 3, every stuff pack but Katy Perry's sweet treats, and pretty much own the store.

In gaming terms, I'm a whale.

And I'm not planning on buying this game until it is drastically discounted. I will not pay full price for half a game.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    Old simmer. Been playing since right before TS1 Unleashed came out. As of today, I'll still be getting TS4.
  • Options
    MenshleeMenshlee Posts: 219 Member
    edited August 2014
    Old gen. I've been playing since it came out in 2000, I was 12.
    Yes I am getting the sims 4, but with all of the disappointing news I can't say I'm as excited as I was with the earlier games.
  • Options
    tapaninentapaninen Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Old gen, been playing since early 2000 with sims 1. Will get sims 4 as I still like what they have shown so far.
    Have had most of the expansions from each gen and if I like Sims 4 I'll probably still go on like that for this gen as well.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited August 2014
    Been playing since TS3 World Adventures. However I played the OLD simcity games when I was younger.

I am not purchasing TS4.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    Old gen grumpy, ranting Simmer since the very beginning (I mean playing, not ranting :lol: ) who will so NOT buy TS4. :mrgreen:
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited August 2014
    Simming since 2001 and currently not wanting to buy Die Sims 4.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    edited August 2014
    Been playing since TS1. And I've pre ordered TS4
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    KatalanMoonKatalanMoon Posts: 51 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Old gen - started playing a pirated version of TS1 that a family member downloaded back in 2001. I loved it so much that I bought a copy and have been buying the games ever since. I've bought almost every expansion (with the exception of "stuff" packs - waste of money, in my opinion) and I do (unfortunately) plan on buying TS4, even though I'm disappointed with a lot of the new "features".
  • Options
    samuel695samuel695 Posts: 221 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been playing since 2006, but i did play the games in order. I played the sims 1 and got ts2 a couple years after, and got the sims 3 into its 2nd year and now i'm waiting to play the sims 4 on release day.

buying.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited August 2014
    Old Gen here. Since 2002 when my dad showed me the Double Deluxe TS1 game. I started playing that and SimCity 2000 which I really loved a lot!

I have already preordered TS4. Yesterday's events had me on the fence but I'm still optimistic about the game despite all of the stripped away features from the game.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    edited August 2014
    Old Gen. I played Sims 1 back when I was a little boy. I played Sims 2 and bought all the expansions... played Sims 3 and bought and attempted to play all the expansions (when they weren't neck deep in bugs).

I'll always have more than a modicum of goodwill to EA because they're one of the first gaming companies to allow same-sex partnerships and marriages in their games. That was really important to me way back when... and now.

So this new incarnation may suck, but I'm willing to give them a chance to sort it out.
  • Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I am an old simmers,still have all of my sims games 1,2,and 3.I will collect 4 but,not as fast as the other ones.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited August 2014
    I started with playing the sims 1. And I will be buying the sims 4
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    edited August 2014
    I guess you could say that I'm fairly new. I didn't start "gaming" until Sims2. I made the transition to Sim3, and only dubiously, at that. While I did eventually come to enjoy the game and I did play it almost every day, I never had the same satisfaction as with Sims2. (Now, if EA could somehow managed to combine the very active Sims from Sims2, to the advantages we had in Sims3, they'd have a profound winner.)

So, in hoping that Sims4 would be the improvement EA has touted it to be and after reading and watching several videos that have been posted over here, especially after Creator's Camp, I went ahead and bought the game yesterday late afternoon. So hoping it won't make me :cry:

I have said all along, that I would go ahead and give the base game a try. But, that if it didn't prove to be wildly good, I would not buy a single EP. Not going to throw good money after 'bad', as it were. I've taken a huge chance on the $64.10 purchase I just made (tax included). There had better be something in this game that proves worth it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been playing since sims1 and won't be buying the game.

Reading the comments is really interesting - it looks like buying / not buying preference isn't and old / new split, which I have to admit surprised me a bit.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited August 2014
    Old gen, won't be buying unless they can do a magical 180 with open world, story progression, free toddlers with a lot of content, babies that can be taken anywhere, and a lot of realistic CC needs to be out there.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited August 2014
    Double post, sorry :oops:
  • Options
    KalaniCoolKalaniCool Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been playing since sims 2. And I will not be buying the sims 4
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    I've been playing since sims1 and won't be buying the game.

Reading the comments is really interesting - it looks like buying / not buying preference isn't and old / new split, which I have to admit surprised me a bit.

I thought the same. It looks to me like it's more TS3 players not buying the game opposed to older simmers not buying the game. I would've thought anyone that played the Sims 1 baby/child scenario would be out of TS4 (lord knows it's what did me in), but I must not be giving enough credit to the missing TS3 open-world/CASt.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited August 2014
    Old-er gen simmer here. (Actually I prefer "more mature") :lol:

I've played since before 2000, having the old Sim City for the original Nintendo and being terribly addicted.

Moved on to sims1 then the wonderful sims2 when I would be up all night playing, talking to my mom and sister on the phone who were right there with me. :mrgreen:

Then along came sims3 and I was in love again, until the bugs, crashes, glitches, freezes, corrupted game files came along and I learned a ton of stuff about computers, the hard way, in the many workarounds that were popping up because they had to. :roll: Twallan's mods saved me the last 2 years and I was able to understand how cc could make your game wonderful. Now, sims 3 is uninstalled because of the latest glitch...I just can't deal with it anymore. :(

Yes, I will be on Gamestop's doorstep at 10 AM on Sept. 2 where I have paid for my pre-order. What got me was the return to the sims themselves line. So far, with some disappointments, the game looks like I'll be spending all night playing this game.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited August 2014
    Old gen player since the first games of the series and I'm going to purchase the Sims 4.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have been playing The Sims since TS and purchase TS, TS2, and TS3 with all the expansions and some of the stuff packs. I have purchased from the store in TS2 and TS3.

When TS2 was announced, I didn't want to start over, but said: If they include these features, I will buy it. They did and I did.

When TS3 was announced, I did not want to start over again, but said the same thing: If they include these features, I will buy it. Again: They did include the features and I did purchase it.

When TS4 was announced, same thing. They didn't do it: I am not buying it.

I admit that I am not easy to please, I expect a lot for my money. What was done to The Sims 4 should be considered a sin.
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've been here since Sims 2 release but my first game was Sims 1, I don't know if I will buy but probably yes.
  • Options
    stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm a new gen simmer due to the fact that I was very very young when ts1 and ts2 came out. The sims 3 was my first sims game and I got it for Christmas in 2010. I only recently started playing ts2 for the first time and I must say that the sims just seem much more lively in that game. I will be buying the Sims 4 as I like how most things look so far.