Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

did anyone see this? from vipsims--free will was off in video!

http://simsvip.com/2014/08/05/the-sims-4-sim-giving-birth-interacting-with-baby/

new information on babies and a Video and remember free will is off..says Vipsims

Comments

• Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2014
    bump
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well breastfeeding was a pointless addition, oww look a huge blur screen that totally covers the baby and most of the mum's upper body. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited August 2014
    I liked it! I loved how the baby turned away when she offered a bottle after breastfeeding! I love how the baby is moving and kicking while in the bassinet! Very nice! Thanks for the link!! :thumbup:
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thank you for this... I just- why? All the animations literally looked the same, or just uninteresting. I'm an optimist too! Just... so terribly done...
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2014
    lol at "wattle" [sic] around the house.

Those animations and graphics are awful. Can't believe this is a 2014 game!
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was just about to post this. I'm still watching :D
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2014
    :shock: That birthing moaning & groaning takes a LONG time! I'll have to turn down the volume or the wife will think I'm watching internet 🐸🐸🐸🐸! :lol:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2014
    Am I the only one concerned that the father (or whoever the man was) did not seem to take notice of the fact that another sim was in labour in the same room??? so much for smarter sims :S
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited August 2014
    QDog wrote:
    Am I the only one concerned that the father (or whoever the man was) did not seem to take notice of the fact that another sim was in labour in the same room??? so much for smarter sims :S

I noticed that too...In all the other games other sims came running.

She also had the same clothes as maternity & regular if you caught that. And the breastfeeding magically her sweater parted like the Red Sea or something because she still had her sweater on :?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Not to be gross but I swear female sim's breasts get larger during pregnancy. :oops: Makes sense.
  • Options
    SEAKASEAKA Posts: 592 New Member
    edited August 2014
    -The other sim in the room (presumably the father) pays no attention to the sim in labour.
    -The baby is even born at the crib. :shock:
    -She puts the baby down between EVERY interaction.
    -Oversized mosaic breast feeding - a privacy blanket would have looked 100x better.
    -Changing nappy whilst in the bassinette? Ew.
    -Didn't look like there was any relationship building there.

Sims 1 babies, with a couple more interactions. Great. I appreciate her putting the video up, definitely informative.
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited August 2014
    QDog wrote:
    That's exactly what I thought!
    I thought Sims were supposed to be more aware of their environment in 🐸🐸🐸🐸. He stands in the same room as a woman giving birth and does nothing.
    The interactions are totally unimpressive and the gigantic pixelated mess when she's breastfeeding is a joke. If they didn't tell you she was breastfeeding you wouldn't even know.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Zolt65 wrote:
    QDog wrote:

She also had the same clothes as maternity & regular if you caught that. And the breastfeeding magically her sweater parted like the Red Sea or something because she still had her sweater on :?

It's been known for a while that maternity clothes in TS4 are out. Also, ***** can easily be popped out over a shirt collar if you want to use your imagination, lol.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    I really appreciate her posting this video.

Like others, I also noticed that the other sim didn't seem very bothered by a woman going into labor right next to him.

I do like the animations for the baby while it's in the bassinet, but it still reminds me too much of TS1.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    ChainChain Posts: 126 Member
    edited August 2014
    No more panicked midnight rush to the hospital?

No more physically getting the bottle from the fridge?

No more changing table?

And "Breastfeeding" - which I was actually pretty excited about - is just the mother holding the baby behind a giant blur.

:evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited August 2014
    Love that glitch.

Many wow! Much Realistic! So baby!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2014
    Zolt65 wrote:
    QDog wrote:

It's been known for a while that maternity clothes in TS4 are out. Also, ***** can easily be popped out over a shirt collar if you want to use your imagination, lol.

Sim mothers should not be wearing turtlenecks then lol
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    Noo-boo! I love it!! Thanks for posting!
  • Options
    CristalBlueRosesCristalBlueRoses Posts: 427 Member
    edited August 2014
    On the one hand, I don't like that they can't move away with the baby, On the other hand, I kinda get why since I always had babies just being put down all over the lot... so.. yeah
    Brian's Log: Day sixty-seven.
    Cube was quite all night. Once again
    Cube as quiet all day. As per previously.
    No movement.
    No change in measurements.
    End of entry
  • Options
    Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'll just skip the baby's age like I did in sims 3 with the toddlers.
    I do like the way sims look when they are pregnant tho!
    2dlpsog.png

• Options
    TheMarsh1TheMarsh1 Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2014
    Did anybody notice that wicked freeze from about 0:27-0:38? I thought this wouldn't happen anymore... :(
  • Options
    FtzPlayerFtzPlayer Posts: 426
    edited August 2014
    QXdUJ5n.png
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not to be gross but I swear female sim's breasts get larger during pregnancy. :oops: Makes sense.

My best friend is currently pregnant and hers are now HUGE. They must have tripled in size at least!
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    jtravers88jtravers88 Posts: 591 Member
    edited August 2014
    We will have a pixelation removal mod in short order, but I don't know as there is any point since the mother's shirt was on. Lots of modding opportunities here.

And they pixelated the diaper change? Hire some new developers man.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like the babies, I think they are cute! And I don't mind that they are an 'object' because most things are, it's the interactions that are important.

Some things I would like them to work on:

* I am very happy they added breastfeeding! Of course there is a blur, I expected there to be. What I think would be better would be if the sim took the baby to a chair and sat down while feeding, and spent a bit of time doing it. To make it more of a loving interaction.

* When the baby is picked up and bounced, the sim kind-of holds it away from their body. I was actually scared the sim would drop the baby! :shock: :lol: If the animation could be tweaked at some point to move the sim's arm out and the baby closer, that would be awesome.

* Moves swiftly past the glitch-that-shall-not-be-named

* This is such a weird thing... I think the babies are adorable, I love their little chubby limbs! The fingers look nicely detailed but... the feet look very flat. I don't know why this is bothering me so much! :XD: I love babies feet, they are just the cutest things, and it'd be nice if the sims babies had cute feet to match their cute hands!

* I don't know if this is included but if the babies could be carried around more and cuddled more in general, that would be nice. Maybe sims could sit with them while watching telly, or chatting with friends?

Oh... and labour is NOT that easy! But we'll say no more about that! :XD: :lol: