Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free sim points= a scam

So I switched to chrome to do this and it said it would take up to a day to get them. Well where are they?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited August 2014
    AiHaou wrote:
    So I switched to chrome to do this and it said it would take up to a day to get them. Well where are they?

I use internet explorer and I get mine immediately so couldn't tell you.

• Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited August 2014
    Probably should have known it was too good to be true.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've received the free simpoints so it is not a scam. And I use firefox.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:

same here :) ive purchased the last three sets fully with free points and have almost 1000 pts for august.
  • Options
    CayziCayzi Posts: 402 Member
    edited August 2014
    I use chrome and get them instantly. It's not really a scam if you're not losing anything. Might've just been a glitch or bug.
    LE45tmE.png
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seera1024 wrote:
    I use firefox too but Chrome doesn't have my adblocker.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited August 2014
    I get them just fine on chrome, it's not a scam. Perhaps a glitch, I could be wrong but I believe there's a thread in the store section you could post in if you're having a problem.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2014
    I disabled my adblock plus on this website and I'm using Chrome. I've gotten plenty of points from the ads.. Not a lie, just really glitchy for some people.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited August 2014
    I use Firefox and have an ad blocker. I could not watch videos. I didn't know they were ads. When someone told me they are, I disabled the ad blocker for the store site only. Now I can watch the vidoes, and so far I have added 235 sim points to my total in 3 days. For me, they show up immediately. But you have to watch them all the way to the end, and if there's something to click to continue after they've played, you have to click it. Don't click the x on the upper corner when it's finished. When I'm done and the video disappears on its own, there's a popup thanking me for watching. When that popup appears, the points get added.
  • Options
    SimsplyRuthSimsplyRuth Posts: 1,186 Member
    edited August 2014
    I get 5 SimPoints every time I do this. At first it took 24 hours but lately they have been given immediately. You do have to watch the entire ad and wait for it to tell you to continue, press that and let the ad exit you.
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just got free simpoints using Chrome. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited August 2014
    It isn't a scam, I get the free points daily.
  • Options
    wgu394wgu394 Posts: 45 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for the information IreneSwift! I can now get my simpoints again!
    "All you need is the plan, the roadmap, and the courage to press on to your destination." Earl Nightingale
  • Options
    KonrilKonril Posts: 153 Member
    edited August 2014
    From what I can tell, the free simpoint offer presents you a random ad, and uses a script to give you free sim points after the ad completes playing. It mostly seems to work fine, as long as you actually play the ad through to its end.

Actually, it worked fine for me for a while when I was running just Windows 8 and Google Chrome. But, I recently bought a year of Bitdefender Internet Security and found the "free" sim points suddenly a lot harder to get. Many of the ads seem to be triggering Bitdefender's anti-malware feature, which sort of breaks the whole ad-thing.

Oh well. I have already bought what I wanted to, so I'm not going to stress about it.
  • Options
    strangeseraphstrangeseraph Posts: 369 Member
    edited August 2014
    I use Chrome and my points are automatic. Hm. Its only 5 points an ad btw.
    Jenny

Doop Dee Doop
  • Options
    noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've had 2 and have never had them again since.
  • Options
    Saide7Saide7 Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited August 2014
    I use IE and get about 100 or so points a day, and get them instantly.
  • Options
    MaithlyMaithly Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I earn anywhere from 50-300 SimPoints daily depending on how often I lurk on the Sims Store site throughout the day, but only when I use a certain computer. As soon as I change computers I rarely get any ads at all, even though I use the same browser on both. It probably has to do with the different programs I use for internet security.
  • Options
    annavanheussannavanheuss Posts: 201 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes, a lot of times actually for me, they do not show that you have them but if you change pages in the store they will sometimes show up or if you shut down the site and reopen it sometimes they will show up or sometimes log in to the secure server (by starting the buy SimPoints process but just don't complete the sale)they will sometimes show up. I have actually used them when they have not shown up on the page. If they are truly not on your account and you go to buy a item with SimPoints then it will take you to the buy SimPoints page but if they are just not showing up the transaction will process properly.
  • Options
    SimsAddiction968SimsAddiction968 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited August 2014
    I use chrome and have gotten points right after the video finishes.
    There have been some videos that don't want to play or I finish watching and don't get the points right away. Then I've had some points show up the next morning.

It's not a scam.
    HI! My name is SimsAddiction968
    I discovered Sims 1 summer 2001 when my youngest was 1 yr old.
    I bought all Eps & Sps for Sims 2 as they were released.
    I even bought Sims games for our consoles and handhelds.
    I have bought all Sims 3 Eps & Sps as the were released.
    I have held my grandson while playing. He is now 5 and plays FreePlay.
    I have pre ordered Sims 4. I have the Sims 2 mouse and waiting on Sims 4 mouse.
    I have a Freezer Bunny tattoo and a bracelet tattoo of the Sims 2 aspirations.

YES! I am addicted to The Sims no matter the form.
  • Options
    CashmereCatCashmereCat Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2014
    I disabled my adblock plus on this website and I'm using Chrome. I've gotten plenty of points from the ads.. Not a lie, just really glitchy for some people.

Yeah, it's adblock. If you have that running, you won't be able to get the simpoints.

I've had no problems receiving my points at all. I use chrome and adblock.
  • Options
    CashmereCatCashmereCat Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sometimes, a lot of times actually for me, they do not show that you have them but if you change pages in the store they will sometimes show up or if you shut down the site and reopen it sometimes they will show up or sometimes log in to the secure server (by starting the buy SimPoints process but just don't complete the sale)they will sometimes show up. I have actually used them when they have not shown up on the page. If they are truly not on your account and you go to buy a item with SimPoints then it will take you to the buy SimPoints page but if they are just not showing up the transaction will process properly.

Also, this might be happening to you as well.

Try completely logging out and log back in. They should show up.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have been running into glitchy videos past week, where they don't play after clicking that play button.
    It just says try again..but it's "broken".
    Happens to at least half, or more, of my ads now.
    A couple weeks ago, it was working (mostly) fine. :?

I use Firefox...
    Wasn't seeing them from March til sometime in June, & they suddenly started showing again.
    But it never works good, for long. (for me)
  • Options
    jujee55jujee55 Posts: 588 Member
    edited August 2014
    I use Chrome and get mine immediately. I did have a problem in the past where I didn't get them at all after watching the ads, not even 24 hours later. I didn't know what to do so I cleared all cookies and history, I was able to get them again without any problems. I don't know what was going on but know that this was a fix for me.
  • Options
    Kc71886Kc71886 Posts: 658 Member
    edited August 2014
    I have been running into glitchy videos past week, where they don't play after clicking that play button.
    It just says try again..but it's "broken".
    Happens to at least half, or more, of my ads now.
    A couple weeks ago, it was working (mostly) fine. :?

I use Firefox...
    Wasn't seeing them from March til sometime in June, & they suddenly started showing again.
    But it never works good, for long. (for me)

When you get the play again try single clicking two or three times in the black area around the play again button and see if you get credit for the ads. That's what I've done the last couple days and have had a pretty high success rate at getting points. It might not work for everybody, but it's worth a shot.