Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We will always have Amore *Updated Wed August 6th!*

Comments

• Options
    DulceMellDulceMell Posts: 73 Member
    edited July 2014
    My god! This looks like it was taking out from an Assassin's Creed game!
    ...me wants!!!
    NraasSignature.png
  • Options
    espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wonderful to see you Sim Guru Copeland. Thank You.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hey Sir Copeland! I don't suppose you're sneaking my giant beautiful flowering version of the Glauer Tree in there are you? SOOOO much nicer for a courtyard than yet another fountain! Just sayin'.... :wink:

I swear though, VENICE! I feel like this set is being made JUST FOR ME! LOL Monte Vista is hands down my favorite world and now I'm dreaming of revamping it into Venice somehow! You may not have been able to give me my long hair and long skirts but dang Copeland, I love you! ((TOTALLY CHASTE HUGGLES))
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love the fence, I really do... but I (wishfully thinking) would love a fence the same height and design, but without the Celtic cross design (so that I can use the Celtic cross as more of a decorative element at corners or in other ways... I hope that makes sense)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited July 2014
    tsbtsb45 wrote:
    Has it been confirmed we will get more than one PC

Not yet but this is suppose to be a big set I think so I'm hopeful.

I can't wait to see today's hint. I hope we get to see the gondelas,a tunnel(?)or other pc if it exist.
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Speaking of St. Mark's.... Oh what I'd give to get some nice winged lion statues!

Venetian-Lion.jpg

doge-s-palace-lion-of-st-mark-venice-cedric-darrigrand.jpg

v061122-270.jpg

Clock_tower_and_Lion_of_St._Mark_in_Padova_-_just_like_the_ones_in_Venice.jpg

pd1848942.jpg

It's just not Venice without the winged lions!

Oh love the new fence, waves to everyone, and 100 and 10% agree with you we need a winged lion for this set LOL

Eveebella

PS I hope this site stays for awhile cause I don't twitter etc and I would miss you all so much!!! :cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Umm... I got the urge to prat about in CAW a little bit, just to mess around with canals and houses in the hope of making something Venice like and... umm... yeah... that one might take me a while! :XD:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Simguru Tatertot

How about suprising us with 2 photos today? The more the merrier I say.

And yesterday for those of you wondering the pic wasn't released till about 8pm eastern time so we probebly still have a couple of hours to go.

I want to see more.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wouldn't it be great if the Store team was going to initially create Venice as a world, but when that got cancelled, they decided to stuff all the goodies they made into one huge set/venue for the last hurrah?

Like a super, uber Store set (the "Amore" stuff pack)??

I'm really excited that we are getting canals and canal boats! (Especially since I can't play properly IP). I'm going to redo France (once again!) and Monte Vista (again!).

I'm totally clueless on what this venue is going to look like. The HUGE window through me off, so now, I'm thinking it must have a building created for giants--LOL.

Still sad, but feeling a bit better today...
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited July 2014
    Looking at this painting the store released last week I see a couple of things. First off some of the buildings to the upper left look like they have the fence attached to balconies.

Also on the dead left I see a hole with moss around it. Anybody want to guess what that could be?

The Gondelas have heart shaped seats.

Now I know this is just a painting but it's probebly very close to what the screenshot will look like.

14548693367_e50480d423_z.jpg

erm, that is actually the fence. :shock:
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited July 2014
    Umm... I got the urge to prat about in CAW a little bit, just to mess around with canals and houses in the hope of making something Venice like and... umm... yeah... that one might take me a while! :XD:

Would take me a 100 years I have played with CAW and can not get the hang of it LOL

Evee
  • Options
    darkwidow11darkwidow11 Posts: 601 Member
    edited July 2014
    Looking at this painting the store released last week I see a couple of things. First off some of the buildings to the upper left look like they have the fence attached to balconies.

Also on the dead left I see a hole with moss around it. Anybody want to guess what that could be?

Now I know this is just a painting but it's probebly very close to what the screenshot will look like.

I love that we can make the water so close to the buildings! I wonder if it's going to work like the Grandpa's Grove tractor? Seeing that pole in the water up ahead makes me think that. The picture is very beautiful though. I wonder if they had an artistic sim paint it, or if it's a decor painting.... hmmmm.....
  • Options
    ludopowerludopower Posts: 17
    edited July 2014
    I just love the first looks! :P

We will miss your work, Copeland!

If we pay you 1 million dollars, would you be ok to keep making Sims 3 store stuff for 2 or 3 more years?
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would love to see the gondola, if we can :D
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014

I love that we can make the water so close to the buildings! I wonder if it's going to work like the Grandpa's Grove tractor? Seeing that pole in the water up ahead makes me think that. The picture is very beautiful though. I wonder if they had an artistic sim paint it, or if it's a decor painting.... hmmmm.....

OMG I had not even considered that this might be wall art you can hang in your Sim's home! Oh please please please please please....
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited July 2014
    tsbtsb45 wrote:

I can't wait to see today's hint. I hope we get to see the gondelas,a tunnel(?)or other pc if it exist.

BIG was in reference to the window.

The canals and gondola are the only PC for this release.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2014
    tsbtsb45 wrote:

Will other boats be able to travel down the canals?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    tsbtsb45 wrote:

Thanks for the info Simguru Copeland.
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited July 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:

Hey, jcp, I never thought about that!!

It would be neat if the canals were compatible with the row boats at least, as everyone needs a swan in their canal... *winks*

However, based on what someone else surmised earlier, I think the canals might work like the grandpa's grove tractor. So, it may only work with the gondolas, which is OK by me.

I do wonder if the gondolier comes with the gondola? Wouldn't it be neat if the gondolier also sings? Like a romantic song or two? :mrgreen:

Hmmm... :)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:

It would be neat if the canals were compatible with the row boats at least, as everyone needs a swan in their canal... *winks*

However, based on what someone else surmised earlier, I think the canals might work like the grandpa's grove tractor. So, it may only work with the gondolas, which is OK by me.

I do wonder if the gondolier comes with the gondola? Wouldn't it be neat if the gondolier also sings? Like a romantic song or two? :mrgreen:

I'm hoping not just the gondolas of course. As for the gondolier that would be amazing but I worry that it won't be the case, store NPC is hard to come by :(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm so bummed and sad...

As of last night, my brother was able to fix my computer, but knowing this is the last set/venue of the Store... I don't know what to post... I just can't get excited over it, even though the pics look so lovely...

Where is everyone migrating to??? Twitter?? Facebook?? A different fan website??

Soo sad... :(

It is extremely bitter sweet! :cry: I personally have dusted off my Twitter account (still trying to figure out how that one works) :lol: and have also reactivated my Facebook account. I have joined the group tinydancer has created:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/320785188086835/

NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    I'm so bummed and sad...

As of last night, my brother was able to fix my computer, but knowing this is the last set/venue of the Store... I don't know what to post... I just can't get excited over it, even though the pics look so lovely...

Where is everyone migrating to??? Twitter?? Facebook?? A different fan website??

It is extremely bitter sweet! :cry: I personally have dusted off my Twitter account (still trying to figure out how that one works) :lol: and have also reactivated my Facebook account. I have joined the group tinydancer has created:

Yes you have, Tiki, and we're very happy to have you there! :)
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    I'm so bummed and sad...

Yes you have, Tiki, and we're very happy to have you there! :)

:D
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2014
    jcp011c2 wrote:

I had wondered the same thing earlier in this thread about the gondolier (or maybe it was in the related August thread). That would be so cool!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm also wondering if the gondelas can be used in any body of water that boats can. Eg the waterfall location in Aurora Skies.

Also Copeland said that the canals are pc. I'm hoping that means you hear music when sims are going thru them.

Is there a tunnel?